Windows 10: ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE

Discus and support ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hey my desktop had gone for an automatic upgrade to windows 10. before i did not have any password on it but now it is asking me to enter a password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by shresthaadandapat, May 30, 2021.

1. ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE

hey my desktop had gone for an automatic upgrade to windows 10. before i did not have any password on it but now it is asking me to enter a password and in that it was telling me to inter Microsoft password i did that too but it is not logging in [ i have tried so many times ] and i even tried to login from another device with the Microsoft password and it was logging in only this desktop is not taking the password even if the password is correct plz help........

:)

shresthaadandapat, May 30, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 30, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Win 10 not asking for password

Do you use a Microsoft account at present? If so, it may have been set to automatically sign in. You can turn that off, then you would be asked for your password.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

But if you are using an automatic sign in, make sure you know what your password is before tuning it off, else you may lock yourself out.

That suggests you are using a local account with a blank password, if the local account has a blank password it will go straight in even with that setting ticked. Just set an easy to remember password should fix that.

4. ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE

App automatically signs in with out asking Password

Hello Bennett,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to switch current Microsoft User Account to Local Account and then create new user profile and then try signing into that account using your Microsoft account and check if that helps. Please follow the
    steps given below.

How to update windows Live Accounts into Local Accounts in windows 8.1

• First go to the Start Menu and start typing “Account” you will find the option “Your account settings

• Click and launch the setting page.

• Click on start menu and go to account settings.

• Go to Your accounts.

• Click “Disconnect” Windows 8.1 account settings
    Note: This will launch a prompt, you will need to confirm your current Windows Live account password. Also note by switching to your local accounts,
    you will NOT lose the settings or any files, the only advantage you will be missing out is the sync between other devices.

• Confirm switch to local Windows 8.1 accounts

• Now, create your local account password and hint.

• Switch to local Windows 8.1 accounts, confirm password
    Note: Windows will tell you in detail of what it means to switch to a local account. Read carefully if you have any concerns.

Switch to local accounts windows 8.1

That’s it, Windows will then log out the current account, and you will be able to log back in with the local accounts you have just created. All the cloud sync services will be disabled, if you changed your mind about going
    back to have a local account, you can always reconnect this local accounts to a Windows Live accounts.

How to convert Local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps given below.

• On your keyboard press
      Win+C
      , and from the Charm bar that appears click Settings.

• Now click on Change PC settings.

• In the left pane, click on Users.

• In the right pane click on Switch to Microsoft account.

• Enter your current password and click
      next.

• If you already have a Microsoft account, enter the associated email address.

• If you already have a Microsoft account (i.e. Hotmail, Messenger, SkyDrive, Xbox, or Outlook.com account), enter your password. Otherwise, fill out the form to create your account. Click
      Next.

• Fill in the security information in order to recover your account in case of loss of password and click
      next.

• Finally, click on Finish.

• You will receive an email asking you to confirm the association of Windows 8 account. Make sure to complete the confirmation process.

• You are now connected with your Microsoft account.

• Next time when you start Windows, simply log in with your Microsoft account.
    The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

You may also try running SFC scan and check if that helps.

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more Information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, May 30, 2021
Thema:

ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE

1. ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE - Similar Threads - ASKING PASSWORD AUTOMATIC

2. Automatically boots into startup repair and asking for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically boots into startup repair and asking for username and password: My computer was lagging, then shortly after, it froze. I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. When I rebooted, it now automatically goes into startup repair, even when I select to boot normally. I'm assuming it's startup repair because the font is big and doesn't...
  3. Automatically boots into startup repair and asking for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically boots into startup repair and asking for username and password: My computer was lagging, then shortly after, it froze. I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. When I rebooted, it now automatically goes into startup repair, even when I select to boot normally. I'm assuming it's startup repair because the font is big and doesn't...
  4. Automatically boots into safe mode and asking for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically boots into safe mode and asking for username and password: My computer was lagging, then shortly after, it froze. I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. When I rebooted, it now automatically goes into safe mode, even when I select to boot normally. Then it asks for my username and password, but I never set up a username,...
  5. Automatically boots into safe mode and asking for username and password

Automatically boots into safe mode and asking for username and password: My computer was lagging, then shortly after, it froze. I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. When I rebooted, it now automatically goes into safe mode, even when I select to boot normally. Then it asks for my username and password, but I never set up a username,...
  6. Stuck in Automatic Repair loop asking for a password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Automatic Repair loop asking for a password: Downloaded update and computer restarted. On restart black screen came up with “Preparing Automatic Repair”. Next screen has my administrator account name. When I select it the next screen ask for a password. I have tried all my known passwords to no avail. Select back to...
  7. Stuck in Automatic Repair loop asking for a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Automatic Repair loop asking for a password: Downloaded update and computer restarted. On restart black screen came up with “Preparing Automatic Repair”. Next screen has my administrator account name. When I select it the next screen ask for a password. I have tried all my known passwords to no avail. Select back to...
  8. Stuck in Automatic Repair loop asking for a password

9. After reset asking for admin password

After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  10. will not ask for password after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    will not ask for password after sleep: I am trying to make W10 ask for my logon password after going to sleep. I went into the settings and clearly set it to ask for the logon after it has gone to sleep. I set it to sleep after 15 minutes and it does go to sleep , but shaking the mouse will wake the system without...