Windows 10: Asks for Passwords on Cold Boot / Reboot

Discus and support Asks for Passwords on Cold Boot / Reboot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Again, like dark theme by time, Android and iOS do this already, it's safer than allowing Windows Hello all the time. IIRC there is a Group Policy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/loyukfai, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Asks for Passwords on Cold Boot / Reboot

Again, like dark theme by time, Android and iOS do this already, it's safer than allowing Windows Hello all the time.

IIRC there is a Group Policy option for this(?), but this should be a function for all.

Cheers.

submitted by /u/loyukfai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/loyukfai, Jun 9, 2021

2. Reboot loop on cold boots in the morning.

I mean possibly a bad write of the first bios. What happens in the dual bios is if the first bios fails to load, it cycles like 3-5 times trying to boot said bios chip. When it fails to load that correctly, the second chip automatically kicks in and you can boot.

I suggest trying a flash to the latest bios using a thumbdrive formated in fat32 with the bios file on it. reboot the PC and hit the Home key to get into the flash utility, then search for the bios and load it.

sneekypeet, Jun 9, 2021
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Samuria Win User

Asks for Passwords on Cold Boot / Reboot

Very slow POST process upon cold boot but fast reboots

It suggests a hardware problem on cold boot the BIOS searches for hardware on reboot it doesn't as it knows what's there. So it could be struggling to find hard drive or there is a irq/dma conflict it true to resolve

Samuria, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Asks for Passwords on Cold Boot / Reboot

1. Asks for Passwords on Cold Boot / Reboot - Similar Threads - Asks Passwords Cold

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unmountable boot volume on Cold boot, But reboot and it starts fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unmountable boot volume on Cold boot, But reboot and it starts fine: After my computer has been off overnight maybe 6 hours when I turn it back on it will just sit at the windows loading screen and after 5min it will blue screen with "unmountable boot volume" But the problem is If I reboot or shut off and turn back on it boots right into...
  6. Very slow POST process upon cold boot but fast reboots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow POST process upon cold boot but fast reboots: Not 100% sure it's the operating system, but will give it a shot. MSI Titan GT80-SLI: from a cold boot, takes 4.5 minutes to get to Win10 login screen. A reboot takes 29 seconds. What's up? I think it's something that hangs it before the operating system loads, am I...
  7. Safe boot asking for a password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe boot asking for a password: So, i was trying to downgrade my drivers for my graphics card. Put my pc into safe boot, it’s asking for a password i use a pin. I tried to boot my pc normal but nothing is working. I go into advanced settings by pressing restart and shift on the screen that is asking me for...
  8. BSOD on cold boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  9. Cold Reboot Resets Router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cold Reboot Resets Router: This has started since the updates the other day. A power up boot (not a restart) does a router reset, not just of the Ethernet line, the whole kit and caboodle, including the external link. It happens in the first Windows startup phase i.e. when the smaller blue 'flag' is...
  10. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...