Windows 10: Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

Discus and support Asks me for my pin every time I open a program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dynwyk, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Dynwyk Win User

Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back.

:)

Dynwyk, Jan 19, 2021

2. Pin NY Times to Windows 10 Start

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to NY Times application?
    • How are you accessing NY times (Via online or via App)?
    • What exactly happens when you try to perform the above mentioned steps to pin application to Start?

I suggest you to refer to the below article about Pin applications to Start menu and check if it helps.

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Asking for PIN while Driving mode

Hello,

Could you share some more information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build are you in?
    I understand that entering a pin is not required. I suggest you to change your sign-in options in the Settings app.

• Open the Settings app on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.
    • Tap Accounts.
    • Tap Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, tap Remove.
    Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

Sign-in taking time after setting up PIN

Hello Harold,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it is frustrating when the features don’t work the way there are supposed to. Usually, it takes time to login using the PIN after setting it up for the first time, as Windows optimizes and connects all the applications
    linked to your Microsoft account to give access using the PIN.

I suggest you to try logging in again and wait for some time to let Windows optimize the PIN for next use.

However, if you want to remove the PIN you can follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Login to the PC using password, and go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. Under PIN click on
      Remove.
    3. Enter the password and click on
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

1. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program - Similar Threads - Asks pin every

2. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.: I have a computer lab where there is a program that when it launches, every time it asks for admin credentials. The weird thing is that the user can just click the x to close and the program launches fine. This is a local account on windows 10. All other programs do not need...
  3. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.: I have a computer lab where there is a program that when it launches, every time it asks for admin credentials. The weird thing is that the user can just click the x to close and the program launches fine. This is a local account on windows 10. All other programs do not need...
  4. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  6. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  7. Every login is asking me for a pin.

8. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  9. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  10. every time i open a ms program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time i open a ms program: i get this message and have to go through 4 windows to dismiss... how to stop???? Your data, controlled by you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-open-a-ms-program/6847ba59-9fdf-498a-a079-d1fe04485b40"