Windows 10: ASLR (Windows Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection)

Discus and support ASLR (Windows Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Pro 2004 My analysis : [img] Effectively no ASLR, am I wrong? http://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...bottom-up-aslr 170869 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thename, Dec 19, 2020.

1. thename Win User

ASLR (Windows Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection)

thename, Dec 19, 2020

2. Exploit Protection Settings

Open Windows Defender Security Center and click on
    App & browser control
    and there find Exploit protection settings
    and you could change settings for Exploit protection from there.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Edge Browser not listed on Exploit Protection

When I open the Exploit Protection Program List, how come Edge browser processes are not listed?
    Or, is there another process name for MS Edge from the Exploit Protection Program List page?

However, my guess is that since Edge runs in a Sandboxed protected mode by default, maybe perhaps it is not required to be on the Exploit Protection Programs List.

win10freak, Dec 19, 2020
  4. mwidunn Win User

Exploit Protection's "Program Settings"

Let us say that I went into WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY CENTER > APP & BROWSER CONTROL > EXPLOIT PROTECTION SETTINGS > PROGRAM SETTINGS.

Then, let us say that I edited via "system override" the settings for one of the programs.

My question: How would I later restore the default settings (i. e., the ones that were set before editing) for one or more edited programs?

Exploit Protection does not seem to provide any option for restoring back to a program's default state before any change was made.

Thanks for any help!

mwidunn, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. ASLR (Windows Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection) - Similar Threads - ASLR Security>App browser

2. Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection and App and Browser Control not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection and App and Browser Control not showing: So, recently I reseted Windows 11 because the entire computer got corrupted. So I reseted and wiped the entire ssd and used cloud download. Now I went and opened Windows Security, and I cant see both pages, I go to settings to open it from there and when I open Virus and...
  3. Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection and App and Browser Control not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection and App and Browser Control not showing: So, recently I reseted Windows 11 because the entire computer got corrupted. So I reseted and wiped the entire ssd and used cloud download. Now I went and opened Windows Security, and I cant see both pages, I go to settings to open it from there and when I open Virus and...
  4. App & browser control - Protection history is blank

App & browser control - Protection history is blank: Hi.I am having an issue with the Windows Security showing a notification for App & browser control.The alert message states: Potential unwanted app found. Your device may perform poorly.When I click the review button, I am presented with Protection history, which has nothing...
  5. Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection: I have a question about something I'm seeing on my mom's new PC. I'm just going through the normal setup process to make sure the PC is protected and ready for her but I'm not familiar with windows 11 or the Windows Security application. I see there's an exploit protection...
  6. Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection

Windows 11 Security App's Exploit Protection: I have a question about something I'm seeing on my mom's new PC. I'm just going through the normal setup process to make sure the PC is protected and ready for her but I'm not familiar with windows 11 or the Windows Security application. I see there's an exploit protection...
  7. Question related to Exploit Protection in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question related to Exploit Protection in Windows Security: Hello, ive got a question here i checked in Exploit Protection in Windows Security that there is this Systemsettings.exe, PresentationHost.exe and other programs or applications there what happens if i remove the PresentationHost.exe i already done that and i checked in...
  8. Windows Security Exploit Protection settings

Windows Security Exploit Protection settings: Dear all In Windows Security > App- and browser control > Exploit Protection > Program settings There is a list of .exe files and you can add more prorgrams 1. What are those .exe files on the list? What does this list do? 2. Under some of the .exe files, it says "1 detention...
  9. WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL

WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL: When I go to WINDOWS SECURITY, all of the links are disabled such that I am not able to open the VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION, ACCOUNT PROTECTION, etc. sections. I discovered the issue when the APP & BROWSER CONTROL indicated "Actions recommended." with a warning symbol. All...
  10. Edge Browser not listed on Exploit Protection

Edge Browser not listed on Exploit Protection: When I open the Exploit Protection Program List, how come Edge browser processes are not listed? Or, is there another process name for MS Edge from the Exploit Protection Program List page? However, my guess is that since Edge runs in a Sandboxed protected mode by default,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot