Windows 10: Asmedia 1074 USB hub drivers

Discus and support Asmedia 1074 USB hub drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Asrock X99 OC Formula uses Asmedia 1074 USB hubs to add USB3 ports. (These aren't USB3 controllers; they're simply hubs.) I believe that these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobkn, Dec 30, 2015.

1. bobkn Win User

Asmedia 1074 USB hub drivers

My Asrock X99 OC Formula uses Asmedia 1074 USB hubs to add USB3 ports. (These aren't USB3 controllers; they're simply hubs.) I believe that these include the USB3 front panel ports.

I think that I have a problem with those. My Seagate external USB3 backup drive, for example, only works if plugged into one of the rear panel USB3 ports. (Some of those are also off the Asmedia hubs. I haven't verified that the ports that work are the Intel ones.) USB3 flash drives work with the front panel USB3 ports, but at about the same data rate as the USB2 ones.

I think that the drivers that show up in Device Manager for the hubs are "Generic Superspeed USB Hub" ones. They have a device ID of USB\VID_174C&PID_3074.

Are there better drivers for the Asmedia hubs? All that I've found so far are for controllers like their 1042 ones. Not hubs.

This isn't a life-altering issue, but it'd be convenient if the front panel USB3 ports worked as well as the ones in the I/O panel.

Thanks for any advice.

:)

bobkn, Dec 30, 2015

2. Help with BSOD death diagnosis (ran mdsched and verifier w/ results uploaded)

The file that failed was Asmedia USB 3.0 driver, not the hub one.

If you have a USB hub(multiple 3.0 ports), you should then install USB hub driver.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 30, 2015
  3. BSOD Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Thanks for the quick response. I should have mentioned, I assembled this desktop myself. I checked the site of motherboard manufacturer, the version on their latest USB driver is "Asmedia_USB3_V1.16.35.1", and the version on my computer's device manager
    is:

ASMedia USB Root Hub --> 1.16.47.2

ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller --> 1.16.35.1

(not sure why it has 3 entries for each)

I went ahead and installed it anyway, after restarting the PC, both are showing 1.16.35.1, I will have to wait for some time to see if it gives a BSOD.

Varun Seth, Dec 30, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

No clues after 22 hours?

C'est la vie.

Happy 2016, all.

bobkn, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Asmedia 1074 USB hub drivers - Similar Threads - Asmedia 1074 USB

2. RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: I saw your answer to this problem and I have the same problem. My question is: if you remove all the usb devices, which presumably includes the mouse, how do I click on the items to reply?Thanks...
  3. RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: I saw your answer to this problem and I have the same problem. My question is: if you remove all the usb devices, which presumably includes the mouse, how do I click on the items to reply?Thanks...
  4. RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ASMedia Root Hub

ASMedia Root Hub: The driver "USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&2E621010&0&0" is not working. It is labelled under 'other devices' as an unknown device. It used to be called "AsMedia USB ROOT HUB" but since trying to uninstall and reinstall it has made the situation worse.I have tried using Windows...
  6. USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: The driver "USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&2E621010&0&0" is not working. It is labelled under 'other devices' as an unknown device. It used to be called "AsMedia USB ROOT HUB" but since trying to uninstall and reinstall it has made the situation worse. Issuse: Every now and again...
  7. Asmedia USB 3.0 Drivers

Asmedia USB 3.0 Drivers: Hi, I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard and been looking around for an update for Asmedia drivers. The problem is I read a post here about updating USB 3.0 asmedia driver via microsoft. I have a disc that came with the MB that has Asmedia 104x host controller...
  8. Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers

Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers: I have noticed, that MS installs its own driver over ASMedia's, which might cause issues. Even, if you have automatic driver installation disabled, some updates might change it. Since ASMedia does not provide direct downloads, only 3rd party links are provided. Last...
  9. Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.

Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.: On a clean installation of Win 10 1703 I'm having an issue with the installation of the ASmedia USB drivers provided by Asus for my Z97-A mobo. The exact error message during installation is the Asmedia USB Host Controller was not found. I can't see any evidence manual or...
  10. ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver issue

ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver issue: Hi, Please can someone help me with this Since the last windows 10 update i am having trouble in particular with one driver called: ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver This USB keeps installing itself and never stops. I keep hearing the windows beep that usually comes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB\VID_174C&PID_3074

2. asmedia usb host controller 1074 driver

3. asmedia 1074 driver download