Windows 10: ASmedia ASM1142 New install USB Ports not working

Discus and support ASmedia ASM1142 New install USB Ports not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a new board/install. I first installed the driver that came with it dated 2014 then downloaded your driver, DRIVER VERSION: 1.16.56.1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by finn111, Jul 10, 2020.

1. finn111 Win User

ASmedia ASM1142 New install USB Ports not working

This is a new board/install. I first installed the driver that came with it dated 2014 then downloaded your driver, DRIVER VERSION: 1.16.56.1 and installed it. I have windows 10 Pro 19041.329. I plugged both a linksysAC1200 and my mouse in the usb port and I get no response. USB ports are not working. device manager does see the ASM1142. ASMedia USB Root Hub
    and ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller. Please Help.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed in device manager.

Device USB\ASMEDIAROOT_Hub\5&b746a&1&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_1908&PID_2311\5&34425563&0&2
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122
    Present: false

:)

finn111, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Saltgrass Win User

Asmedia 3.0 usb is incorrectly working

ASMedia is usually associated with ASUS systems. Have you checked the OEM for driver updates?

On motherboard systems, some USB 3 ports may have Intel controllers and some ASMedia, if you were to be using an Intel based motherboard..

Saltgrass, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.

My mobo page suggests I download Intel chipset version 10.1.1.7 dated 23/07/15 which I already have installed. Do I need the newer version?

The ASmedia driver you linked to looks current, any idea why Asus don't have the updated driver? Is this driver likely to be more successful?

Is it best to uninstall any currently installed driver version before attempting the new installation?

Edit: If it makes any difference, all of my USB ports appear to be working, I just can't verify they're operating optimally...

Kol12, Jul 10, 2020
  4. auggy Win User

Windows 10 update bootloop with ASMedia Technology Inc - USB - 8/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.16.38.1.

I might suggest to try switching to the xHCI controller.

In the Device Manager for each Asmedia USB controller can you do the following:

Right-click the Asmedia USB Controller > Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

With "Show compatible hardware" "checked" what is listed under Model?

Is "USB xHCI Complaint Host Controller" listed?

If so, can you select the "USB xHCI Complaint Host Controller" > Next and continue with the installation

Do this for each of the Asmedia USB controllers.

auggy, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. ASmedia ASM1142 New install USB Ports not working - Similar Threads - ASmedia ASM1142 install

2. USB ports are no longer working on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports are no longer working on a new laptop: I recently purchased an ASUS laptop with Windows 11 installed. After a week of use, both USB ports are inoperable. They were working fine until today. Flash drives and my mouse driver work fine on my old computer. Can you help me?...
  3. USB ports are no longer working on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports are no longer working on a new laptop: I recently purchased an ASUS laptop with Windows 11 installed. After a week of use, both USB ports are inoperable. They were working fine until today. Flash drives and my mouse driver work fine on my old computer. Can you help me?...
  4. RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: I saw your answer to this problem and I have the same problem. My question is: if you remove all the usb devices, which presumably includes the mouse, how do I click on the items to reply?Thanks...
  5. USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: The driver "USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&2E621010&0&0" is not working. It is labelled under 'other devices' as an unknown device. It used to be called "AsMedia USB ROOT HUB" but since trying to uninstall and reinstall it has made the situation worse. Issuse: Every now and again...
  6. Pixel 4a - USB-C fix - for some with AsMedia Drivers on USB-C Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pixel 4a - USB-C fix - for some with AsMedia Drivers on USB-C Port: PSA - USB Fix for Pixel 4a My pixel 4a has been blue-screening my PC if I attempted to use the USB PTP (Photo transfer Option) transfer selection in the dropdown. The Issue was an incompatible Driver for the USB-C port on my Asus Motherboard, ( X99A-II ) Driver Version...
  7. ASmedia ASM1142 New install USB Ports not working

ASmedia ASM1142 New install USB Ports not working: This is a new board/install. I first installed the driver that came with it dated 2014 then downloaded your driver, DRIVER VERSION: 1.16.56.1 and installed it. I have windows 10 Pro 19041.329. I plugged both a linksysAC1200 and my mouse in the usb port and I get no response....
  8. Asmedia 3.0 usb is incorrectly working

Asmedia 3.0 usb is incorrectly working: My external hard drives worked before the latest Windows 10 update. Now Windows 10 is asking to reformat the drive. I tried reinstalling the drivers from the motherboard website and they don`t work. I rolled back the drivers, that didn`t work. I used the external drive...
  9. Asmedia USB 3.0 Drivers

Asmedia USB 3.0 Drivers: Hi, I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard and been looking around for an update for Asmedia drivers. The problem is I read a post here about updating USB 3.0 asmedia driver via microsoft. I have a disc that came with the MB that has Asmedia 104x host controller...
  10. Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.

Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.: On a clean installation of Win 10 1703 I'm having an issue with the installation of the ASmedia USB drivers provided by Asus for my Z97-A mobo. The exact error message during installation is the Asmedia USB Host Controller was not found. I can't see any evidence manual or...