Windows 10: ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware?

Discus and support ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before anyone says anything, this lies in-between Windows and Linux, and i am not exactly sure where i should go with this, but as it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yanniclord, May 12, 2016.

1. ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware?

Before anyone says anything, this lies in-between Windows and Linux, and i am not exactly sure where i should go with this, but as it is a driver/firmware issue that i most likely will need to fix over/with Windows, i take this up here.

Hi guys. So, i tried installing Ubuntu along with Windows 10. Aside from the typical problems that occur, i have the problem that when booting Ubuntu, i get an "ATA8.00: STATUS DRDY" error. After some research, the problem seems to be the ASMedia SATA Controllers. However, the solution would be that i should move the connected drives from the ASMedia SATA Controller to the Intel Controller. Easier said than done, because i was not aware of this issue before until now, so i have my SSD (Main Drive) hooked to the ASMedia SATA Controller, which i cannot move, because of obvious reasons. I have heard that it is possible to flash a new firmware for the ASMedia SATA Controller, but i cannot find it. I have a "ASRock Z97 Extreme4" Motherboard, and if anyone could help me, i'd appreciate it. Oh, also, i have the ASMedia 106x SATA Controller.

Solved the above part, i ended up switching over to the Intel SATA Controllers from the ASMedia SATA Controller.

And another thing, i really don't like GRUB, so i would like to add Ubuntu to the Windows Boot Manager (Windows 10, Graphical, not Command Line like Windows 7 or lower). I checked for a way to add Ubuntu to the Windows 10 bootmanager, the only one i found was someone saying i need to use BCDEDIT in the cmd, but i am not exactly sure how, so if someone could help me on that too, i would be more than happy.

Thanks for the help in advance!

:)

yanniclord, May 12, 2016
  2. Altexxx Win User

SSD samsung 850 pro (512Gb) freezes randomly with storahci error - "Event ID 129 – storachi – Reset to device, DeviceRaidPort0, was issued"

I installed Asmedia SATA Controller Driver for Asus Rampage V, and now i have

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers are:

1) Intel(R) C600/X79 series chipset 6-Port SATA AHCI Controller - 1D02

Storage Controllers are:

1) Asmedia 106x SATA Controller

2) Asmedia 106x SATA Controller

3) Microsoft Disk Space Controller

Altexxx, May 12, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    SSD samsung 850 pro (512Gb) freezes randomly with storahci error - "Event ID 129 – storachi – Reset to device, DeviceRaidPort0, was issued"

Those Hardware Ids appear to belong to Asmedia SATA controllers.

Presently the installed driver appears to be the storahci.sys which is the generic Windows driver and appears to be causing freezing with the SSD.

Try installing the Asmedia SATA driver for Windows 10 which should replace the Windows driver with an Asmedia driver.

There does not appear to be a Windows 10 driver available for the Rampage 4 but there is one available for the Rampage V which should work on the Rampage 4 as there is a matching Hardware Id in the .inf file.

Try installing the "Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V3.1.6.0 for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)" available for Windows 10 64-bit under "SATA" in the following link :

RAMPAGE V EXTREME Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

After installing the driver and restarting the computer go back to the Device Manager and check that the
    "Standard controller SATA AHCI" has been replaced by Asmedia controllers.

The SSD would be connected to an Asmedia controller.

auggy, May 12, 2016
Thema:

ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware?

1. ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware? - Similar Threads - ASMedia SATA Controller

2. My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...: My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the drives attached to them. I have to keep the drive plugged in and restart the PC for the drive to show up. They work fine with my other PCs....
  3. My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...: My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the drives attached to them. I have to keep the drive plugged in and restart the PC for the drive to show up. They work fine with my other PCs....
  4. USB-C latancy issue Asmedia USB3.1 extensible host controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C latancy issue Asmedia USB3.1 extensible host controller: When I connect my usb-c sound interface Audient ID14 directly into the USB-C port behind the PC the sound interface works but the software for it called ID mixer has great latency, for example when I turn the volume slider or clicking somewhere I have to wait 2-4 seconds...
  5. SATA AHCI controller

SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  6. Problems with ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller

Problems with ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller: HI, was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have a desktop with two 3.1 (gen 2) ports; one each of type A and C on an ASMedia host controller. Plus a number of USB 3.0 (gen 1)ports. The 3.1 host controller has the latest driver (10.0.19041.662 - nov 2020) and...
  7. I need the Asmedia ASM106x SATA Host Controller

I need the Asmedia ASM106x SATA Host Controller: I need this driver but the one I tried to install does not show up in the device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-asmedia-asm106x-sata-host-controller/54eec1f1-59ba-426e-a0b8-e8f86b22ec47
  8. Standar SATA-AHCI Controller trouble.

Standar SATA-AHCI Controller trouble.: I've downloaded the last version of AMD Chipset drivers, but in the Devices Manager I can see: Standard SATA AHCI Controller provided by Microsoft (June 2006). It's this correct or maybe must be substituted by the ("some") new controller by AMD? Thanks in advance for your...
  9. USB Asmedia usb 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96

USB Asmedia usb 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96: Hello, I want to try updating the driver on my PC, but I can't find this driver available to download. I've checked the compatibility of my PC with Oculus devices and the only thing that is not ok is USB 3.0. I'm not sure what to do with it, maybe anyone knows what to do...
  10. Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB

Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB: I have a Aśus Maximus V Gene mob that has two Sata mob inputs not controlled by the Intel Sata driver. I am having difficulty installing the latest Asmedia driver downloaded from the Aśus support site. With Win 7 there isn't a problem, but win 10 TP I can't get the driver to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asmedia 106x use microsoft drive windows 10

2. asmedia sata driver 106x

3. asmedia sata firmware

4. reset asmedia 106x sata controller,
  5. asmedia 106x firmware update,
  6. asmedia,
  7. asmedia 106x sata controller microsoft storage spaces,
  8. asmedia 106x sata controller firmware update 140924_00_00_00