Windows 10: Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB

Discus and support Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Aśus Maximus V Gene mob that has two Sata mob inputs not controlled by the Intel Sata driver. I am having difficulty installing the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jm44jg39, Oct 30, 2014.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB

I have a Aśus Maximus V Gene mob that has two Sata mob inputs not controlled by the Intel Sata driver. I am having difficulty installing the latest Asmedia driver downloaded from the Aśus support site. With Win 7 there isn't a problem, but win 10 TP I can't get the driver to install. Keeping getting a message that the new install can't find the previous Asmedia driver. Any suggestion ?

:)

jm44jg39, Oct 30, 2014
  2. BoMak Win User

BSOD Errors on my Windows 10 PC

I can see Asmedia ASM106x SATA Host Controller Driver and Asmedia USB Host Controller Driver.

Should I uninstall these ?

BoMak, Oct 30, 2014
  3. Altexxx Win User
    SSD samsung 850 pro (512Gb) freezes randomly with storahci error - "Event ID 129 – storachi – Reset to device, DeviceRaidPort0, was issued"

I installed Asmedia SATA Controller Driver for Asus Rampage V, and now i have

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers are:

1) Intel(R) C600/X79 series chipset 6-Port SATA AHCI Controller - 1D02

Storage Controllers are:

1) Asmedia 106x SATA Controller

2) Asmedia 106x SATA Controller

3) Microsoft Disk Space Controller

Altexxx, Oct 30, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

I doubt that there is an ASMedia SATA driver that will work for Win 10 yet. I can't even make it work on Win 8. But the JMicron SATA controller works fine on Win 10.

Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB [​IMG]

badrobot, Oct 30, 2014
  5. jm44jg39 Win User
    What brand of MOB are you using ? Do you thing the JMicron Sata driver would work with my Aśus mob ?

jm44jg39, Oct 30, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    It should work on your ASUS. I am running win 10 on a 3 years old HP machine where the JMicron SATA controller card is installed.

badrobot, Oct 30, 2014
  7. jm44jg39 Win User
    Thanks Badrobot. I will give it a try later. Getting late here in Texas.
    Cheers!

jm44jg39, Oct 30, 2014
  8. Saltgrass Win User

I just got an X99 board and in the Device Manager under the IDE ATA/ATPI controllers, it shows a Standard SATA AHCI controller along with the Intel Series 9 driver.. My SATA Express ports (ASMedia) appear to work normally.

I think 8.1 started using a Standard driver instead of a specific driver. I show the JMicron driver on an older Motherboard, but this one does not have that device.

Saltgrass, Nov 1, 2014
  9. Saltgrass Win User
    Just an update, I am now showing an Intel SATA driver for the 8 SATA ports, and an eSATA driver for the two SATA Express Ports. I showed the ASMedia driver in the 8.1 drivers list.

Saltgrass, Nov 21, 2014
  10. essenbe Win User
    I have an Asus Maximus V Extreme and I got the Asmedia drivers to install just fine. Just pick the Windows 8 drivers, if you haven't already. It should be the same driver and same controllers for our boards.

I have an Asus Maximus Gene too, but I haven't tried W 10 yet.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asmedia Sata Host Controller driver for Asus MOB - Similar Threads - Asmedia Sata Host

2. ASMedia Technology USB31. eXtensible Host Controller driver 1.16.61.1 May 20, 2020 Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASMedia Technology USB31. eXtensible Host Controller driver 1.16.61.1 May 20, 2020 Driver: Does anyone know where I can download an updated ASMedia Technology USB31. eXtensible Host Controller driver 1.16.61.1 May 20, 2020 Driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asmedia-technology-usb31-extensible-host/0c1e3e34-ceb8-425f-913d-9a3201b97403
  3. USB-C latancy issue Asmedia USB3.1 extensible host controller

USB-C latancy issue Asmedia USB3.1 extensible host controller: When I connect my usb-c sound interface Audient ID14 directly into the USB-C port behind the PC the sound interface works but the software for it called ID mixer has great latency, for example when I turn the volume slider or clicking somewhere I have to wait 2-4 seconds...
  4. need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller

need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller: Hello, Dell XPS 13 9343 8 GB RAM 512 GB SSD I would get the Blue Screen of Death BSOD, even though Device Manager showed no issues. So I twice did a clean install of the latest Windows 10 available through the MediaCreationTool20H2, and then did all Windows Updates,...
  5. Problems with ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller

Problems with ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller: HI, was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have a desktop with two 3.1 (gen 2) ports; one each of type A and C on an ASMedia host controller. Plus a number of USB 3.0 (gen 1)ports. The 3.1 host controller has the latest driver (10.0.19041.662 - nov 2020) and...
  6. I need the Asmedia ASM106x SATA Host Controller

I need the Asmedia ASM106x SATA Host Controller: I need this driver but the one I tried to install does not show up in the device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-asmedia-asm106x-sata-host-controller/54eec1f1-59ba-426e-a0b8-e8f86b22ec47
  7. USB Asmedia usb 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96

USB Asmedia usb 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96: Hello, I want to try updating the driver on my PC, but I can't find this driver available to download. I've checked the compatibility of my PC with Oculus devices and the only thing that is not ok is USB 3.0. I'm not sure what to do with it, maybe anyone knows what to do...
  8. IDE drive to SATA host

IDE drive to SATA host: I an trying to reuse old IDE drives and DVD writers in a system that only has SATA on board. I bought two kinds of adaptor board for it but none of them works. Here are the two boards: [img] [img] I've tried them on 2 PCs (B75 and Z97 chipset, both run Windows 10), 3 old...
  9. Asmedia USB 3.0 Drivers

Asmedia USB 3.0 Drivers: Hi, I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard and been looking around for an update for Asmedia drivers. The problem is I read a post here about updating USB 3.0 asmedia driver via microsoft. I have a disc that came with the MB that has Asmedia 104x host controller...
  10. ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware?

ASMedia SATA Controller Firmware?: Before anyone says anything, this lies in-between Windows and Linux, and i am not exactly sure where i should go with this, but as it is a driver/firmware issue that i most likely will need to fix over/with Windows, i take this up here. Hi guys. So, i tried installing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asmedia 106x firmware

2. asmedia 106x sata controller driver win 10

3. asmedia host controller not found asus x370-f windows 7

4. asmedia sata controller driver