Windows 10: asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler

Discus and support asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an asp.net core application which inserts data into sql server. It runs fine in command line but when I put it in a batch file and create a task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mcp111, Aug 14, 2019.

1. mcp111 Win User

asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler

I have an asp.net core application which inserts data into sql server. It runs fine in command line but when I put it in a batch file and create a task to run that batch file every 5 minutes in task scheduler, it is not working properly.
    It shows task as running but fresh records are not getting inserted in sql server.
    why?

:)

mcp111, Aug 14, 2019

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 14, 2019
  4. asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler

Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler

1. asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler - Similar Threads - asp net core

2. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is not running jobs properly: I had set up multiple jobs in Task Scheduler which runs for every 15min time interval each and 4 jobs with difference of 2-3 min each one after one which took 15min- 2hr time to complete depending on jobbut it goes in running status for infinite times and could not end jobs...
  3. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is not running jobs properly: I had set up multiple jobs in Task Scheduler which runs for every 15min time interval each and 4 jobs with difference of 2-3 min each one after one which took 15min- 2hr time to complete depending on jobbut it goes in running status for infinite times and could not end jobs...
  4. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  6. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  7. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It

App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It: We have a requirement for extremely accurate computer clock time and use a small app that that, when launched, checks with a pool of time servers and syncs our computer clock. We want to schedule this app to run every couple of hours. The app runs properly when I launch it...
  9. asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler: I have an asp.net core application which inserts data into sql server. It runs fine in command line but when I put it in a batch file and create a task to run that batch file every 5 minutes in task scheduler, it is not working properly. It shows task as running but fresh...
  10. Task Scheduler Not Running

Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...