Windows 10: asp.net machine account is taking over your PC

Discus and support asp.net machine account is taking over your PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there! It can happen - which is a scandal I think - that you´re deleting your admin-user profile (same in Win 7/8). It can be your bad or this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheJohn, Aug 5, 2015.

1. TheJohn Win User

asp.net machine account is taking over your PC

Hi there!

It can happen - which is a scandal I think - that you´re deleting your admin-user profile (same in Win 7/8).
    It can be your bad or this can happen by installing certain programs.
    Then you´re not able to do anything with your OS (install/uninstall programs, use cmd a.s.o.).
    You locked yourself out. The asp.net machine account wants a password for everything which you of course can´t know.
    In MS support forums there are hundreds of complaints, most of them marked as solved, but no real solution can be found.
    Which is quite embarrassing.

Here is one solution for the desperate *Biggrin: The trick is basically to exchange cmd.exe with magnify.exe

If you´ve encrypted your system drive, first use a rescue disc to completely decrypt it.
    Otherwise this won´t work.

- Burn a Win 10 setup/boot DVD or use an USB stick to boot.

- Shut down system. Boot with DVD or iso as you would to install new OS.
    Do NOT click on INSTALL!!

- Search for cmd instead. Now you want to know which is your system drive.
    To find out, use the notepad (open cmd and type: notepad)
    Once the notepad is open, click on: "file" and then "open".
    Here you can find out the system´s drive letter. Should be D: not C:, but can be C:, E:, F: a.s.o. on your PC.

Once you know the drive letter, go back to cmd and type in the drive letter: e.g. :

D:

Then write:

CD Windows\system32
    ren cmd.exe cmd.old
    ren magnify.exe cmd.exe
    ren cmd.old magnify.exe

and Enter of course *Wink

- Remove the DVD/USB-stick and reboot.

- Instead of logging in, search the login page for the magnifing glass option on the right side.
    When you click on it, the cmd should open with admin-rights.

- Write in cmd: net user administrator /active:yes

You´re in control again! You´re the admin! Yes! Change your user account to admin and remove the password of asp.net machine account. ​(control panel - user accounts)

Now you need to reverse your actions:

Reboot again with DVD/USB-Stick. Open cmd and write:

net user administrator /active:no

D: (your system drive letter)

CD Windows\system32
    ren magnify.exe cmd.old
    ren cmd.exe magnify.exe
    ren cmd.old cmd.exe
    exit

Done!
    Hope this helps.

:)

TheJohn, Aug 5, 2015
  2. jdgrain Win User

User Account Control Mess

Hi MR

This has just happened to me. Did you ever work out how to get rid of the ASP.NET Machine Account?

Thanks

jdgrain, Aug 5, 2015
  3. asp.net machine account password

is there anything that can bypass asp.net machine account password, it has taken over my laptop

JOANNBLAZE, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

asp.net machine account is taking over your PC

1. asp.net machine account is taking over your PC - Similar Threads - asp net machine

2. Taking over as administrator of grandson`s pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking over as administrator of grandson`s pc.: Hi all,I have recently built a pc for my grandson,using Wndows 11.Everthing is in his name,administrator,Microsoft account etc.My question is how can I take over as adminstrator/owner of the pc so I can then limit his time online playing games....
  3. Taking over an old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over an old account: I recently took over a restaurant. The old GM was logged into his Microsoft Account on the Restaurants PC. I was using this account and there is a ton of sensitive information saved to the account. Overnight the computer restarted and now I can not log in as I do not know any...
  4. Taking over an old account

Taking over an old account: I recently took over a restaurant. The old GM was logged into his Microsoft Account on the Restaurants PC. I was using this account and there is a ton of sensitive information saved to the account. Overnight the computer restarted and now I can not log in as I do not know any...
  5. Taking over an old account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. One drive taking over my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive taking over my PC: Hi Please I would love some help.My Dell Laptop crashed and I had to reset everything. Prior to the crash I had the majority of my documents saved on the local hard drive.Now after the reset , One drive has “taken” over my laptop.I have items all over my desktop, my quick...
  7. One drive taking over my PC

One drive taking over my PC: Hi Please I would love some help.My Dell Laptop crashed and I had to reset everything. Prior to the crash I had the majority of my documents saved on the local hard drive.Now after the reset , One drive has “taken” over my laptop.I have items all over my desktop, my quick...
  8. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  9. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  10. A new Internet Explorer bug can take over your entire PC ☠️

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A new Internet Explorer bug can take over your entire PC ☠️: submitted by /u/Mr_K-X88 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/es7qpr/a_new_internet_explorer_bug_can_take_over_your/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asp.net has taken over administrator rights