Windows 10: asp.net machine account is taking over your PC

Discus and support asp.net machine account is taking over your PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there! It can happen - which is a scandal I think - that you´re deleting your admin-user profile (same in Win 7/8). It can be your bad or this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheJohn, Aug 5, 2015.

1. TheJohn Win User

asp.net machine account is taking over your PC

Hi there!

It can happen - which is a scandal I think - that you´re deleting your admin-user profile (same in Win 7/8).
    It can be your bad or this can happen by installing certain programs.
    Then you´re not able to do anything with your OS (install/uninstall programs, use cmd a.s.o.).
    You locked yourself out. The asp.net machine account wants a password for everything which you of course can´t know.
    In MS support forums there are hundreds of complaints, most of them marked as solved, but no real solution can be found.
    Which is quite embarrassing.

Here is one solution for the desperate *Biggrin: The trick is basically to exchange cmd.exe with magnify.exe

If you´ve encrypted your system drive, first use a rescue disc to completely decrypt it.
    Otherwise this won´t work.

- Burn a Win 10 setup/boot DVD or use an USB stick to boot.

- Shut down system. Boot with DVD or iso as you would to install new OS.
    Do NOT click on INSTALL!!

- Search for cmd instead. Now you want to know which is your system drive.
    To find out, use the notepad (open cmd and type: notepad)
    Once the notepad is open, click on: "file" and then "open".
    Here you can find out the system´s drive letter. Should be D: not C:, but can be C:, E:, F: a.s.o. on your PC.

Once you know the drive letter, go back to cmd and type in the drive letter: e.g. :

D:

Then write:

CD Windows\system32
    ren cmd.exe cmd.old
    ren magnify.exe cmd.exe
    ren cmd.old magnify.exe

and Enter of course *Wink

- Remove the DVD/USB-stick and reboot.

- Instead of logging in, search the login page for the magnifing glass option on the right side.
    When you click on it, the cmd should open with admin-rights.

- Write in cmd: net user administrator /active:yes

You´re in control again! You´re the admin! Yes! Change your user account to admin and remove the password of asp.net machine account. ​(control panel - user accounts)

Now you need to reverse your actions:

Reboot again with DVD/USB-Stick. Open cmd and write:

net user administrator /active:no

D: (your system drive letter)

CD Windows\system32
    ren magnify.exe cmd.old
    ren cmd.exe magnify.exe
    ren cmd.old cmd.exe
    exit

Done!
    Hope this helps.

:)

TheJohn, Aug 5, 2015
  2. jdgrain Win User

User Account Control Mess

Hi MR

This has just happened to me. Did you ever work out how to get rid of the ASP.NET Machine Account?

Thanks

jdgrain, Aug 5, 2015
  3. asp.net machine account password

is there anything that can bypass asp.net machine account password, it has taken over my laptop

JOANNBLAZE, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

asp.net machine account is taking over your PC

1. asp.net machine account is taking over your PC - Similar Threads - asp net machine

2. Computer take over Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer take over Scam: Do NOT just uninstall ultraviewer.net. Restore to another date or you could try to uninstall the program in"safe mode". Restart computer and hit F8 till you get boot screen and boot to SAFE MODE. Owner of The Real McCoy Computer Service INC. Delaware. Next time don't be...
  3. OneNote taking over default printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote taking over default printer: I have a problem with onenote taking constantly taking over as the default printer. I have unchecked "Let windows manage my printers" but i still have to change my default printer several times a day. This is on Windows 10. Any suggestions?...
  4. Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?: I had to do a restore point for my laptop on Windows 10 and it's been doing that for over an hour. Currently, it's stuck on "System Restore is restoring the registry..." How long does this take?...
  5. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...
  6. Logging in with your microsoft account on work PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in with your microsoft account on work PC: Hello ! I recently got my first job (as a programmer), and the PC I got was using Windows 8. Now I finally got the 'go' to upgrade my PC to Windows 10, but the thing is that no-one will do it for me. I need to do it on my own. Now that's not a problem, because I...
  7. asp.net machine account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    asp.net machine account: When Microsoft updated my Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, I found an "asp.net machine account" set up along with me as a local user. Should I delete the asp.net machine account? If I do, should I keep the files associated with this account? I think they may have something to do...
  8. Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"?: For weeks my Insider Updates have downloaded but refused to install. Part of this seemed to be that I couldn't connect properly to my Microsoft Account. Today I created a New User on the same machine and carried through to create an entirely new MS Account. If I register as...
  9. Does Microsoft take over?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Microsoft take over?: I really want to upgrade to 10 but I am reading so much about Microsoft controlling everything it puts me off. Can we still control how we go about things? Can we use third party apps? Is there a lot of bloatware? I don't have an xbox but it seems that 10 makes a big...
  10. PC Settings your account always loading

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Settings your account always loading: Hello, I recently installed fresh Windows 10 and it was working fine. After installation I enabled the builtin admin account and converted it to Microsoft account successfully but after 1 day the your accounts screen in pc settings showing loading always not the content but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asp.net has taken over administrator rights