Windows 10: asp.net machine account

Discus and support asp.net machine account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When Microsoft updated my Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, I found an "asp.net machine account" set up along with me as a local user. Should I delete the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by headscratcher, Mar 19, 2016.

1. asp.net machine account

When Microsoft updated my Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, I found an "asp.net machine account" set up along with me as a local user. Should I delete the asp.net machine account? If I do, should I keep the files associated with this account? I think they may have something to do with Microsoft's .net framework. Thanks in advance

:)

headscratcher, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Ignorama Win User

ASP.NET Machine account

Hi Nachappa:

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately the solution did not work. Let me explain the problems I faced.

1. I could not choose ‘large icons’, instead the ‘Auto Arrange’ was checked.

2. When clicked on user account, I did have the option ‘Manage another account’; however it asked for the ASP.NET account password, which I do not know.

To answer some of your questions:

Question: Are you a .Net developer?

Answer: No, I am not.

Question: Have you installed any program related to ASP.NET?

Answer: If I did, it was not intentional. I did not know anything about ASP.NET before this mishap. I was never asked if I wanted .NET.

Question: Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Answer: I recently installed Windows 10. I have installed several programs like Quicken including Quicken Vault, Acrobat DC PRO, Office 2016, and I was using windows 10 features and Apps to setup Work group, calendar, etc.

I appreciate your help!

Ignorama, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Ignorama Win User
    ASP.NET Machine account

I am not sure what I did that prompted the computer to establish ASP.NET machine account with its own password as an administrator. I do not have access to that password. Now I have lost the control of my computer. As a user, I can access my programs and
    files, but I can not add or download programs or uninstall programs or anything else that one can do as an Administrator. When I attempt to do that, it asks for ASP.NET account password, which of course I do not have.

Is there anything I can do to re-install my self as Administrator without re-installing windows and loose all my files and programs?

Ignorama, Mar 19, 2016
  4. asp.net machine account

Yes, you are right, it is related to NET Framework, you can safely remove it, it is a security risk anyway.
    It is not required by apps, which need NET Framework, its runtime files will work just fine without it.

TairikuOkami, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

asp.net machine account

1. asp.net machine account - Similar Threads - asp net machine

2. ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2: Hello Microsoft Community ,I have an issue that i can't identify it from where it's happening , so let me introduce the issue in bullet points format :Am deploying a .NET Framework application , separated into frontend and backend part into iis in a windows 2012 server .The...
  3. ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2: Hello Microsoft Community ,I have an issue that i can't identify it from where it's happening , so let me introduce the issue in bullet points format :Am deploying a .NET Framework application , separated into frontend and backend part into iis in a windows 2012 server .The...
  4. ASP Classic 3.0 support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ASP Classic 3.0 support: Hello,I am conducting security assessments for Hitachi Energy and was wondering whether you could answer the following questions for me regarding ASP Classic version 3.0? Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions?What is the latest version of the...
  5. ASP Classic 3.0 support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASP Classic 3.0 support: Hello,I am conducting security assessments for Hitachi Energy and was wondering whether you could answer the following questions for me regarding ASP Classic version 3.0? Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions?What is the latest version of the...
  6. ASP Classic 3.0 support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Announcing ML.NET 0.11 - Machine Learning for .NET

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing ML.NET 0.11 - Machine Learning for .NET: ML.NET is an open-source and cross-platform machine learning framework (Windows, Linux, macOS) for .NET developers. Using ML.NET, developers can leverage their existing tools and skillsets to develop and infuse custom AI into their applications by creating custom machine...
  8. Announcing ML.NET 0.10 - Machine Learning for .NET

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing ML.NET 0.10 - Machine Learning for .NET: ML.NET is an open-source and cross-platform machine learning framework (Windows, Linux, macOS) for .NET developers. Using ML.NET, developers can leverage their existing tools and skillsets to develop and infuse custom AI into their applications by creating custom machine...
  9. Announcing ML.NET 0.9 – Machine Learning for .NET

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing ML.NET 0.9 – Machine Learning for .NET: ML.NET is an open-source and cross-platform machine learning framework (Windows, Linux, macOS) for .NET developers. Using ML.NET, developers can leverage their existing tools and skillsets to develop and infuse custom AI into their applications by creating custom machine...
  10. Announcing ML.NET 0.8 - Machine Learning for .NET

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing ML.NET 0.8 - Machine Learning for .NET: ML.NET is an open-source and cross-platform framework (Windows, Linux, macOS) which makes machine learning accessible for .NET developers. ML.NET allows you to create and use machine learning models targeting scenarios to achieve common tasks such as sentiment analysis,...