Windows 10: Aspect Ratio

Discus and support Aspect Ratio in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by masterskygamerthor, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Aspect Ratio

I opened up Halo: Master Chief Collection and it first opened on my second monitor and shortly after I got it moved to my first monitor it screwed with my aspect ratio and made my icons on that screen bigger than they should be

:)

masterskygamerthor, Dec 31, 2021

2. How to change monitor aspect ratio without centering screen

Hi Ashakil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, make sure you are logged in as admin. After that please follow the steps below and check the aspect ratio.

• Right click on Desktop.

• Click on Personalize.

• Advanced display settings,

• Display Adapter properties

• Monitor>scaling>Change Aspect Ratio.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 31, 2021
  3. Change monitor aspect ratio

The aspect ratio of your monitor is fixed and can't be changed, because it depends on the arrangement of the pixels on the screen.

When you display an image on your monitor whose aspect ratio is different from the aspect ratio of your monitor, what you'll see depends on how different the aspect ratios are. Usually, you see black bars on the top and the bottom of the screen, or on the
    left and the right, a familiar appearance known as 'letterboxing.'

SnS (Unrepentant Advisor), Dec 31, 2021
  4. SCOTTede Win User

Aspect Ratio

ASPECT RATIO

UPGRADED to 10. now my aspect ratio on my monitor is stretched thin left to right. Dont feel I should change my aspect ratio on my monitor because its the same monitor I ve had for win 7. But I tried and went back because it leaves 2 black spaces on each
    side of my monitor.. Help.!

SCOTTede, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

Aspect Ratio

1. Aspect Ratio - Similar Threads - Aspect Ratio

2. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  3. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  4. Icons change aspect ratio when I pick them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons change aspect ratio when I pick them: When I open my icon in the photos app, the icon looks normal. However when I select my icon for my app, it gets squished to become a square. This issue also happens with a Youtube icon that that I downloaded....
  5. Icons change aspect ratio when I pick them

Icons change aspect ratio when I pick them: When I open my icon in the photos app, the icon looks normal. However when I select my icon for my app, it gets squished to become a square. This issue also happens with a Youtube icon that that I downloaded....
  6. Can you change the aspect ratio of a 32:9 monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you change the aspect ratio of a 32:9 monitor?: I have the Phillips 499P9 monitor which is 32:9 5120x1440, and I wanted to know if there is a way to restrict it to 21:9 or 16:9? For work and school, 32:9 is amazing but for gaming, it is a nightmare. Thank you for any help...
  7. Can you change the aspect ratio of a 32:9 monitor?

Can you change the aspect ratio of a 32:9 monitor?: I have the Phillips 499P9 monitor which is 32:9 5120x1440, and I wanted to know if there is a way to restrict it to 21:9 or 16:9? For work and school, 32:9 is amazing but for gaming, it is a nightmare. Thank you for any help...
  8. Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?: OS - Windows 11MS Paint insider version with layers & transparencyIs it possible to use the click & drag method of resizing an image and maintain its aspect ratio in the process? I've read several forum posts where they suggest holding Shift while dragging, but doing that...
  9. Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?

Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?: OS - Windows 11MS Paint insider version with layers & transparencyIs it possible to use the click & drag method of resizing an image and maintain its aspect ratio in the process? I've read several forum posts where they suggest holding Shift while dragging, but doing that...
  10. Application size and aspect ratio after fresh boot are reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application size and aspect ratio after fresh boot are reset: Hello, after boot, when I start the first time an application like word, excel or PDF viewer, the aspect ratio and size are reset and the apps are opened not in the same size like the last time closed.I have a 32:9 screen and several apps start in 32:9 aspect ratio in most...