Windows 10: Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 Webcam has suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 Webcam has suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have got an Acer Aspire V Nitro or to be exact - Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 - running Windows 10 Home preinstalled which I bought in 2016 and which ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anders_A., Jul 24, 2020.

1. Anders_A. Win User

Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 Webcam has suddenly stopped working

I have got an Acer Aspire V Nitro or to be exact - Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 - running Windows 10 Home preinstalled which I bought in 2016 and which ran just fine until recently when the integrated laptop webcam stopped working all of a sudden. The webcam had been working fine for most of the laptop's lifetime with one other exception which happened about half a year ago.

Then, just like now, the webcam issue appeared right after a Skype update desktop version. Back then I was able to fix the issue don't remember how though but this time however, I have ran into a dead end and am at my wit's end, which is why I am turning to this forum in search for help and advice.

When accessing the device manager in Windows 10 the webcam is listed only after selecting "Hidden devices" in the menu and aside from that - when opening the view for "Cameras" - is listed in a greyed out manner with the name/label - "HD WebCam". If I select "update driver" from this item, no new drivers are to be found. Instead, a message says that the "latest and best suited drivers are already installed". I have tried to find drivers for this webcam which I assume is a very generic type of webcam as is found in hundreds of thousands of laptops around the world and which I believe, ought to be functioning on a Windows USB driver or similar.

I have already googled and tried a multitude of solutions including amongst others removing the webcam from the device manager completely which turned out to be the wrong decision as well as going back to a Windows restore point to before the webcam stopped functioning but the result is the same as described last paragraph. The camera shows under "hidden devices" in the device manager but is greyed out as "HD WebCam" and doesn't work.

When I used the Windows 10 camera app it reports that it cannot find the camera and asks if the antivirus/firewall etc is blocking the camera which is not the case, tried that as well and if the camera drivers are updated. Since this laptop hasn't received any driver updates for years the latter would be a resounding no as well. The app then lists an error code message which is as follows: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>.

I have tried to google the error message as well and solutions in general but to no avail. Some of the links which includes one user post from around 2017 on the Acer Community forum, having the exact same issue, are as follows...

https://community.acer.com/en/discu...not-work-in-windows-10-pro?breakffcache=ea38a

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...new-acer/e725b1c1-0271-429c-b80a-12aa47f296aa

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ire-v-15/cce58694-b666-4d1f-a3cc-52c174855be8

https://windowsreport.com/skype-camera-not-working-windows-10/

https://rizonjet.com/fix-0xa00f4244-nocamerasareattached/

Furthermore..., in some of those links, someone mentions the same issues with Skype updates and that the camera hereafter stops working. I am having a similar suspicion but that would make it an issue between Acer and Microsoft and for them to work out a functioning driver update. However, this is just my best guess and it could be anything else. Clearly though it is a driver issue and compatibility problems.

I'd be happy if someone could pitch in with some input or a possible solution to the problem on how to make the webcam work again.

Thanks in advance for any help, no matter big or small.

PS: I also tried to download the following driver for another Acer model and its webcam...

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/S...-Driver-153329916-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml

...but unfortunately, this driver reported that it was incompatible as expected with my Acer laptop model.

:)

Anders_A., Jul 24, 2020
  2. Anders_A. Win User

Aspire VN7-571G (U3E1) Webcam has suddenly stopped working

I have got an Acer Aspire V Nitro or to be exact - Aspire VN7-571G (U3E1) - running Windows 10 Home preinstalled which I bought in 2016 and which ran just fine until recently when the integrated laptop
    webcam stopped working all of a sudden. The webcam had been working fine for most of the laptop's lifetime with one other exception which happened about half a year ago.

Then, just like now, the webcam issue appeared right after a Skype update (desktop version). Back then I was able to fix the issue (don't remember how though) but this time however, I have ran into a dead
    end and am at my wit's end, which is why I am turning to this forum in search for help and advice.

When accessing the device manager in Windows 10 the webcam is listed only after selecting "Hidden devices" in the menu and aside from
    that - when opening the view for "Cameras" - is listed in a greyed out manner with the name/label - "HD WebCam". If I select "update driver" from this item, no new drivers are to be found. Instead, a message says that the "latest and best suited drivers are
    already installed". I have tried to find drivers for this webcam which I assume is a very generic type of webcam as is found in hundreds of thousands of laptops around the world and which I believe, ought to be functioning on a Windows USB driver or similar.

I have already googled and tried a multitude of solutions including amongst others removing the webcam from the device manager completely (which turned out to be the wrong decision) as well as going back
    to a Windows restore point to before the webcam stopped functioning but the result is the same as described last paragraph. The camera shows under "hidden devices" in the device manager but is greyed out as "HD WebCam" and doesn't work.

When I used the Windows 10 camera app it reports that it cannot find the camera and asks if the antivirus/firewall etc is blocking the camera (which is not the case, tried that as well) and if the camera
    drivers are updated. Since this laptop hasn't received any driver updates for years the latter would be a resounding no as well. The app then lists an error code message which is as follows: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>.

I have tried to google the error message as well and solutions in general but to no avail. Some of the links which includes one user post from around 2017 on the Acer Community forum, having the exact same
    issue, are as follows...

HD Web Cam Does not work in Windows 10 Pro

Built-in webcam not working (code 45) on new Acer

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ire-v-15/cce58694-b666-4d1f-a3cc-52c174855be8

FIX: Skype camera not working in Windows 10

How to Fix 0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached Error? [Fixed]

Furthermore..., in some of those links, someone mentions the same issues with Skype updates and that the camera hereafter stops working. I am having a similar suspicion but that would make it an issue between
    Acer and Microsoft and for them to work out a functioning driver update. However, this is just my best guess and it could be anything else. Clearly though it is a driver issue and compatibility problems.

I'd be happy if someone could pitch in with some input or a possible solution to the problem on how to make the webcam work again.

Thanks in advance for any help, no matter big or small.

PS: I also tried to download the following driver for another Acer model and its webcam...

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/S...-Driver-153329916-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml

...but unfortunately, this driver reported that it was incompatible (as expected) with my Acer laptop model.

Anders_A., Jul 26, 2020
  3. DJDB10 Win User
    Cortana Not Working Windows 10 Build 10586 on Acer Aspire VN7-571G

Hello,

I just recently installed Windows 10 Build 10586. For some odd reason on my Acer Aspire VN7-571G Cortana cannot hear my voice. When I tried using the set-up a microphone wizard to set-up Cortana it could not hear my voice either. However if I use Skype,
    or the built in Voice Recorder or even go check the driver for my microphone. It hears me just fine. I have tried updating Windows again, but it says I am up to date. I have tried updating and downgrading the drivers for my microphone, and that does not solve
    the problem either. Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

DJDB10, Jul 26, 2020
  4. DJDB10 Win User

Cortana Not Working Windows 10 Build 10586 on Acer Aspire VN7-571G

Hello,

I just recently installed Windows 10 Build 10586. For some odd reason on my Acer Aspire VN7-571G Cortana cannot hear my voice. When I tried using the set-up a microphone wizard to set-up Cortana it could not hear my voice either. However if I use Skype,
    or the built in Voice Recorder or even go check the driver for my microphone. It hears me just fine. I have tried updating Windows again, but it says I am up to date. I have tried updating and downgrading the drivers for my microphone, and that does not solve
    the problem either.

I have also tried raising and lowering the Mic gain. That didn't do anything. I created a new user account, and the same issue happens. I have even took an extra step and wiped the machine, and reinstalled Windows several times. Unfortunately the issue persists.
    Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

DJDB10, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Aspire VN7-571G U3E1 Webcam has suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Aspire VN7 571G

2. GPU has suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU has suddenly stopped working: This morning I just normally booted my pc without any problem, opened Teams to do some work but then I got BSOD which resulted in BSOD loop. I have managed to fully format my c drive and perform a new clean install of windows. But when I went to install Nvidia drivers I got...
  3. Webcam stopped working

Webcam stopped working: I have an HP tower I bought in the Fall of 2020 along with a webcam on Amazon, which is plug and play. It worked fine on several of the Zoom sessions I needed to be on. I recently needed to use it again, but it wouldn't work. I have done all the suggested fixes, i.e. given...
  4. Webcam Suddenly Stopped Working

Webcam Suddenly Stopped Working: I went to go use my webcam for an exam that is on my computer and when I got to the webcam check my computer could not detect the camera that is built in. So, I exited out of the exam process and went to camera app now my webcam is not detected at all and I used my webcam...
  5. Webcam suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam suddenly not working: Hello, At the end of last week I installed the recent July Windows updates and tried to use Skype today and found that my camera is not working. I found some online help and tried a few things like updating the driver, rolling back the driver, uninstalling the driver...
  6. webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam stopped working: My webcam stopped working. If I start the camera app there is a screen of dark colored static, never an image. Have uninstalled & reinstalled cameras regular and infrared, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, repeatedly scanned for hardware changes, dxdiag, webcam...
  7. OneDrive has suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive has suddenly stopped working: Have had no problems since buying the computer in 2014 this past week, I suddenly get messages that I am not signed in. When I try, the little wheel just keeps turning and turning. Not allowing me to do anything at all....
  8. Zoom webcam not working on Acer Aspire M

Zoom webcam not working on Acer Aspire M: Trying to connect the app Zoom to my Acer Aspire M so that I can use the device camera. The app is Zoom which is like Skype. When in Zoom the video just flashes and will not connect to the laptop camera. Maybe I need to add the app to the app list under Camera Settings? How...
  9. FORMATTING THE HARD DRIVE - ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP V3-571G

in Windows 10 Customization
    FORMATTING THE HARD DRIVE - ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP V3-571G: Hi, I would like to format the hard drive on my ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP V3-571G which I know will clear almost everything off it, except for the hidden system files. However, as I have never done this before, then i am wondering what files I will be left with. I DO NOT have any...
  10. webcam has stopped working

webcam has stopped working: When I installed Windows 10 my webcam was working okay but now the computer can't detect it and the problem persists after I restart multiple times. I tried looking on Device Manager but couldn't see the webcam there. This is a built-in webcam on a Sony VAIO. Is there any way...