Windows 10: ASPM disabled after update to 19037

Discus and support ASPM disabled after update to 19037 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've searched high and low on the internet but can't get an answer. I updated windows to 19037 and ran an energy report. It is saying: Platform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SCous_82, Dec 8, 2019.

1. SCous_82 Win User

ASPM disabled after update to 19037

I've searched high and low on the internet but can't get an answer. I updated windows to 19037 and ran an energy report. It is saying:

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesASPM disabled after update to 19037 :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? My laptop is a xiaomi mi air 2017, and they haven't released updated bios for 2 years so that route is not viable.

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report
    Computer Name
    Scan Time 2019-12-09T00:44:39Z
    Scan Duration 60 seconds
    System Manufacturer Timi
    System Product Name TM1604
    BIOS Date 10/16/2017
    BIOS Version XMAKB3M0P0907
    OS Build 19037
    Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile
    Plugged In true
    Process Count 165
    Thread Count 1497
    Report GUID {75434b44-8c3f-4389-8ca6-d9d85f4c73cb}

Thanks

:)

SCous_82, Dec 8, 2019
  2. GWRay Win User

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesASPM disabled after update to 19037 :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Original Surface - upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1.

Surface will not go into sleep mode.

powercfg /energy reports the following:

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

Please advise

GWRay, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesASPM disabled after update to 19037 :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

my computer e6320 has this issue

diagnostics all pass apart from usb 5880 that cant be tested and usbe composite does not go to sleep.

anyone tell me how to work this!

I'm running windows 10

kamleshmistry10, Dec 8, 2019
  4. ASPM disabled after update to 19037

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern with the battery report. Active State Power Management or ASPM is a power management protocol used to manage PCI Express-based serial link devices as links become less active over time. It is normally used on laptops and
    other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are there any devices connected to the computer?

Please respond to the private message with the required information for further investigation. However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change the advanced power plan settings.

1. Right click at Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
    2. Set the View by to: Small icons.
    3. Click on Power Option, then click on Change plan setting.
    4. Select Changeadvanced power settings.
    5. Scroll down and expand PCI Express and
      Link State Power Management
    6. Change the option for both On battery
      and Plugged in to Maximum power savings.
    7. Then click Ok.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

ASPM disabled after update to 19037

1. ASPM disabled after update to 19037 - Similar Threads - ASPM disabled update

2. PCIe ASPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCIe ASPM: What does "pcie ASPM is automatically disabled due to a known incompatibility in hardware" mean? how can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pcie-aspm/9a27ce81-d78c-40d3-ab4e-10dc1a8580f5
  3. PCIe ASPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCIe ASPM: What does "pcie ASPM is automatically disabled due to a known incompatibility in hardware" mean? how can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pcie-aspm/9a27ce81-d78c-40d3-ab4e-10dc1a8580f5
  4. IIS continuously disabled after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IIS continuously disabled after Updates: We have a situation where we have IIS enabled on a Win10 computer as required by the software it primarily runs. What we are running into is that everytime there are windows updates IIS is disabled. Recently, we set up a brand new machine to troubleshoot and the same thing is...
  5. Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report shows ASPM disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report shows ASPM disabled: my notebook battery is drained very fast. Following report generated.please someone suggest changes to improve battery consumption. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-efficiency-diagnostics-report-shows-aspm/b2a2bbba-01ec-4142-a1c9-b547d4ee8a0f
  6. Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report shows ASPM disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report shows ASPM disabled: my notebook battery is drained very fast. Following report generated.please someone suggest changes to improve battery consumption. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-efficiency-diagnostics-report-shows-aspm/b2a2bbba-01ec-4142-a1c9-b547d4ee8a0f
  7. Disable applications restarting after update

Disable applications restarting after update: So I have been desperately trying to make windows 10 NOT restart applications after reboots. It works, IF I manually do a normal reboot. But if the reboot is due to updates being applied, applications restart at next login, ignoring my settings. I can see how Microsoft might...
  8. PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known...: After a computer restart due to a program crashing, I was not able to set my computer to sleep mode; it just turned off the monitor and signed me out. Having run an energy report, the error titled in the subject is the most probable reason why my PC is not going to sleep...
  9. After update camera is disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After update camera is disabled: My PC was updated but the camera and bluetooth stopped working. Suggest a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-camera-is-disabled/7552c695-e492-4c55-a3ea-b1c5240ceab1
  10. Bluetooth disabled after windows update and after uninstalling the update

Bluetooth disabled after windows update and after uninstalling the update: Dear reader, after installation of the new windows update my bluetooth is not working anymore and the problem solver says it is not installed anymore. even after uninstalling the update the problem solver still says that the bluetooth is not installed and I do not know how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled