Windows 10: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 - After Win 10 upgrade, can't power on from USB

Discus and support ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 - After Win 10 upgrade, can't power on from USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I really hope someone can help. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and now i am no longer able to power on my pc from my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jamie G, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Jamie G Win User

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 - After Win 10 upgrade, can't power on from USB

Hi,

I really hope someone can help. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and now i am no longer able to power on my pc from my keyboard or mouse. Nothing has changed in the bios settings (see below) and i'm unable to find anything in the windows settings or from some frantic Googling,

Admittedly not the biggest problem in the world, but i did find it handy as i game on my tv and love the fact i didn't have to move my lazy backside to power on my machine.

If anyone could help shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance all!

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 - After Win 10 upgrade, can't power on from USB [​IMG]

:)

Jamie G, Aug 19, 2015
  2. 53pepper Win User

Cannot activate windows 10 on clean stall after inital 8.1 (Retail) to 10 upgrade. Error code: 0xC004C003

Thanks for the suggestion but that did not seem to work I'm my case. Installed the drivers for my ASRock z77 Extreme 4, restarted and connected to the internet but I still get the same issue.

53pepper, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Win 10 Defender Full Scan Causes BSOD

1. Win7 upgrade to Win 10 (Microsoft free Upgrade)

2. It is a custom built unit (Gigabyte) with Asrock FM2A88M Extreme 4+ motherboard

2. No

4. No

5. 1607 (OS Build 14393.576)

GarryLeach, Aug 19, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Try to plug your mouse and keyboard to the USB2 port, the 2 black USB ports in the middle of the back panel to see if it helps.

topgundcp, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Jamie G Win User
    Thanks for the reply, sadly it doesn't seem to be that simple. Hasn't fixed it.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again

Jamie G, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 - After Win 10 upgrade, can't power on from USB - Similar Threads - ASRock Z77 Extreme

2. win 10 can't restart after power outage

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 can't restart after power outage: Hi there, While I was using my desktop Win 10, there was a power outage. No electricity for app 30 mins. I forgot to unplugged the the desktop:. I tried to restart it after electricity back. It was on, it had a message- it will scanning the errors and after that it will...
  3. After upgrading from Windows 7 to Win 10 Service pack 1909 everything is extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After upgrading from Windows 7 to Win 10 Service pack 1909 everything is extremely slow: Download from MS site the OS with SP 1909 and installed it on two of our systems. Everything is extremely slow. It takes 45 seconds to open file explorer and excel. What is causing this? It is doing the same thing on the laptop and the desktop....
  4. No ethernet connection after Windows 10 upgrade on ASRock Z77 Extreme4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No ethernet connection after Windows 10 upgrade on ASRock Z77 Extreme4: Hi, I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard. I use the ethernet port to connect to the internet but after the upgrade I didn't have the internet connection. I looked at my LAN connection and it said No Connection. I ran the Windows...
  5. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  6. Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard installing ethernet driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard installing ethernet driver for Windows 10: Hi everyone! Need help in installing ethernet driver for my motherboard Z77 Extreme 4. I went on Asrock website but there is no lan driver available for download. I am about to upgrade my OS to win 10 today - but now I am wondering if this is a good decision. Thank you so...
  7. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  8. USB does not have power after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB does not have power after upgrading to Windows 10: I recently upgraded a Windows 7 Pro computer to Windows 10 Pro. I am having a problem with the USB port not charging my phone or my tablet. I can transfer files, but not charge. I used to charge all of the time when I had Win 7 Pro loaded on the computer. The computer is...
  9. Can't upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro: I have just purchased this upgrade inside Microsoft Store. However, when I go to Activation -> Go to the store -> Install, it says "Something happened and we can't start the upgrade". Something! No error code, no hint, not even a log in the event viewer, NO-TH-IN-G! I tried...
  10. Can't write to folders from network after upgrading to Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't write to folders from network after upgrading to Win 10: I upgraded a workstation to Win 10 Pro. The system, System X, has two admin users, A and B. A is logged on to System X. Volume C is shared from the root on System X, and all admins on the system have permissions to Share C with full control. B is logged on to another system,...