Windows 10: Assembling own Computer

Discus and support Assembling own Computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've been assembling my own computer from components I've bought online to get a full insight in my PC's performance and warranty. I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Carlpete, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Carlpete Win User

Assembling own Computer

Hi,

I've been assembling my own computer from components I've bought online to get a full insight in my PC's performance and warranty. I would like to run a fully licensed version of Windows 10 on my new computer and been trying to figure out which kind of license I am eligible to buy. I have read these articles about OEM and Retail:

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/industry-blog/en-gb/cross-industry/2013/05/14/licensing-logic-whats-the-difference-between-oem-retail-and-volume-licenses/

https://www.zdnet.com/article/is-it-ok-to-use-oem-windows-on-your-own-pc-dont-ask-microsoft/

As there seems to be different answers on the web I'm still not sure if it's approved by Microsoft Software Licence Terms for assemblers and enhusiasts to, by them self, install OEM license on a home built computer?

Is the answer below an offical answer from Microsoft that's still up-to-date? And where can I find this information stated by Microsoft in Software Licence Terms?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/build-my-own-computer-using-oem-windows/ed1b0d63-b086-4070-a6be-83c0b0384d4d

Best regards,

:)

Carlpete, Dec 30, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Is there a good guide out there on actually assembling the new rig?

List your system specs (All of the parts you're using), putting a computer together isn't very difficult. I can give you some steps on doing it no problem.

erocker, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Assembled computers

Give us the following and we will work magic. *Smile Assembling own Computer :)

• What games do you run.
    • Other than games, what do you do with your computer.
    • How often do you play games.
    • What is your budget and where do you live (town is not necessary.)
    • Is this a completely new build or do you have any components you might want to use already?

Aquinus, Dec 30, 2019
  4. flyffdzd Win User

Assembling own Computer

Assembled computers

I would like to assemble a computer that can play online games, to give some configuration tables let me refer to the reference?

Assembling own Computer [​IMG]

flyffdzd, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Assembling own Computer

1. Assembling own Computer - Similar Threads - Assembling own Computer

2. How to alter assembly ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to alter assembly ?: to alter an assembly in sql server , but it always return an error that i dont have permissions or it doest not exist i verified that it exist already and verified all the persmissions needed is there in solution ?...
  3. How to alter assembly ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to alter assembly ?: to alter an assembly in sql server , but it always return an error that i dont have permissions or it doest not exist i verified that it exist already and verified all the persmissions needed is there in solution ?...
  4. "current" Assembler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "current" Assembler: Is there a "current" version of MASM, using ML64 perhaps, specifically one that has an IDE?I used to use MASM on an 8086 PC, many years ago and want to do some new development in Assembler.In particular, I want to convert some old games I wrote, to use modern hardware....
  5. "current" Assembler

"current" Assembler: Is there a "current" version of MASM, using ML64 perhaps, specifically one that has an IDE?I used to use MASM on an 8086 PC, many years ago and want to do some new development in Assembler.In particular, I want to convert some old games I wrote, to use modern hardware....
  6. LC3 Assembly Project

LC3 Assembly Project: Hi, I have a assembly programming project for mu Computer Organization Class. Can anyone help with the problem below? Objectives: This programming project will help you to apply concepts learned in programming the LC-3 machine; to write LC-3 assembly instructions to...
  7. How to run Assembly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to run Assembly: I've been following this really old book on Assembly, and was wondering if Microsoft still supports a DOS that I can use Assembly with. If not, is there a way that I can find a way to run Debug programs for Assembly on any Windows app?...
  8. creating OC assembly

in Windows 10 Customization
    creating OC assembly: Hello. My name is Max. I am 15 years old. I want to make my build of Windows 10 ultralight. I want to remove all components, functions and services completely. For this, I need to know which Windows components belong to which services and functions. I need your help. Tell me...
  9. my own computer.

my own computer.: I am only one ever to use my computer. I want to be the admin and I should be admin. How do I change me as user to me being the admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-own-computer/e10bc47f-b89e-4be6-b019-90d5d5e2ecaf
  10. assembly bind log

assembly bind log: how do you activate the assembly bind log? aoyagi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assembly-bind-log/a385c748-71a7-4620-bec9-05830dc4b9f7