Windows 10: Assign Com to USB

Discus and support Assign Com to USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have the following problem. I have to determine the COM for a dongle, but I can not find out on which COM that is. I did not get it out with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blitz, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Blitz Win User

Assign Com to USB

Hello, I have the following problem. I have to determine the COM for a dongle, but I can not find out on which COM that is. I did not get it out with a try, and in Device Manager I have no option where I can see the COM. How can I find out on which COM my dongle is? Hope someone can help me

:)

Blitz, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Apr 4, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

Assign Com to USB

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Assign Com to USB

1. Assign Com to USB - Similar Threads - Assign Com USB

2. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7
  3. Assign Com to USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign Com to USB: Hello, I have the following problem. I have to determine the COM for a dongle, but I can not find out on which COM that is. I did not get it out with a try, and in Device Manager I have no option where I can see the COM. How can I find out on which COM my dongle is? Hope...
  4. COM surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM surrogate: I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware. i saw that a couple programs labelled...
  5. usb not assigning a com port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb not assigning a com port: my usb device needs a com port how do i manually assign one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-assigning-a-com-port/462324da-54ea-4a9e-b158-97992c4f4ad2
  6. Com Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...
  7. Configuring USB to DB25 as a Com Port

Configuring USB to DB25 as a Com Port: I am trying to use a Dell Optiplex 9010 sff with 2 USB to DB25 serial port to connect the PC to a piece of equiptment that recieves control instructions. when i connect the USB cables to the computer, in the device manager they show in USB section as "No printer Attached"...
  8. Ext, USB Drive Ltr Assignments change Int. Drive Ltr Assignments

Ext, USB Drive Ltr Assignments change Int. Drive Ltr Assignments: Hello, is it just me or does anyone else find it extremely annoying that drive letter assignments can't be locked in disk management? I have 4 ext. usb 3.0 drives in dual docks that are part of my backup box setup. Occasionally during boot up it appears that one or more...
  9. Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives

Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives: Hi, I run a backup script to different USB drives at different times. The backup script always needs to see the same drive letter for the USB drive (whichever USB drive is being used). I know you can run compmgmt.msc, select Disk Management and then click 'Change...
  10. USB Drive Letter Assignment not persistent

USB Drive Letter Assignment not persistent: I have a removable USB HDD that I use for second-level backups. I plug it in to my system only for this purpose. Almost every time I plug it in, I have to use Administrative Tools to re-assign a drive letter. Is there anything else I should be doing so that Windows keeps that...