Windows 10: Assign Com to USB

Discus and support Assign Com to USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have the following problem. I have to determine the COM for a dongle, but I can not find out on which COM that is. I did not get it out with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blitz, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Blitz Win User

Assign Com to USB

Hello, I have the following problem. I have to determine the COM for a dongle, but I can not find out on which COM that is. I did not get it out with a try, and in Device Manager I have no option where I can see the COM. How can I find out on which COM my dongle is? Hope someone can help me

:)

Blitz, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Apr 4, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

Assign Com to USB

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Assign Com to USB

1. Assign Com to USB - Similar Threads - Assign Com USB

2. Problema com Entrada USB/DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problema com Entrada USB/DRIVE: Oie boa noite... Então, estou tendo um problema com as entradas usb. Quando vou em G. de dispositivos, coonsta um problema no Controlador ost Compatível com USB xHCI, também mostra um código de erro:Este dispositivo não pode ser iniciado. Código 10 {Operação falhou} A...
  3. usb com port problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb com port problem: I am trying to use my win10 laptop to connect via USB to an Arduino UNO clone which has a CH340 chip. When I try to load the CH340 driver the installer reports "The drive is successfully pre-installed in advance". When the clone is connected to USB it should then show up in...
  4. Com Port Re-Assignment necessary?

Com Port Re-Assignment necessary?: Our PC is connected to two instruments via old fashioned COM Ports. So far they had been assigned COM Port 1 and 2. After our last Windows-Update Win 10 we foung to our astonishment that these instruments were no longer connected or available. Upon inspection we found...
  5. is it possible to assign a permanent USB address to a USB device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to assign a permanent USB address to a USB device?: Hello, I've been googling this for an hour, but it seems I can't find the right solution. I have a microscope connected to the computer: - a USB2.0 cable for the "serial converter", which is used to control the microscope (stage movement and settings) - a USB3.0 cable for...
  6. USB COM Port Issues

USB COM Port Issues: On start-up, my only connected USB devices to my laptop are a mouse/keyboard and a hub. The laptop functions perfectly and Device Manager is fine. I have 2 additional USB devices that need to be connected: A: which is a Arduino UNO and B: which is a USB/TTL UART adapter....
  7. USB COM Port mess

USB COM Port mess: I had an Arduino UNO happily connected to my COM3 port via a USB hub. Last week, I needed to install a FTDI USB-UART adapter and had problems with its drivers. Eventually I got it going. Now here's the problem- whenever I plug in my Arduino, Windows thinks its the USB-UART...
  8. Assign Com to USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign Com to USB: Hello, I have the following problem. I have to determine the COM for a dongle, but I can not find out on which COM that is. I did not get it out with a try, and in Device Manager I have no option where I can see the COM. How can I find out on which COM my dongle is? Hope...
  9. usb not assigning a com port

usb not assigning a com port: my usb device needs a com port how do i manually assign one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-assigning-a-com-port/462324da-54ea-4a9e-b158-97992c4f4ad2
  10. USB Drive Letter Assignment not persistent

USB Drive Letter Assignment not persistent: I have a removable USB HDD that I use for second-level backups. I plug it in to my system only for this purpose. Almost every time I plug it in, I have to use Administrative Tools to re-assign a drive letter. Is there anything else I should be doing so that Windows keeps that...