Windows 10: Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs

Discus and support Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 users and administrators may assign graphics performance preferences to specific programs on the operating system. Windows 10 supports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 30, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs

Windows 10 users and administrators may assign graphics performance preferences to specific programs on the operating system.

Windows 10 supports different power plans, e.g. power saver or the new ultimate performance plan. Devices may switch between different power plans automatically, depending on whether they are connected to a power source or run on battery, or manually.

Windows users may also run one of the good dozen power plan switching programs such as Easy Power Plan Switcher, Laptop Power Plan Assistant, or PowerSchemeSwitcher.

Microsoft added a feature to the Settings application of the Windows 10 operating system to assign graphics performance preferences to individual Win32 programs or UWP applications

You could assign the high performance preference to a computer game or other application that is resource intensive, or the power saving preference to an application that is very power hungry.

Configuring graphics performance preferences for individual programs

Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs graphics-performance-settings.png

First thing you need to do is open the Settings application. You can do so with the shortcut Windows-I, or by clicking Start > Settings.

Select System > Display > Graphics settings to open the configuration menu in the Settings application.

Customize graphics performance preference for specific applications. Preferences may provide better app performance or save battery life. Choices may not take effect until the next time the app launches.

There, you need to select whether you want to assign a performance preference to a classic app (Win32 program), or a Universal App (from the Microsoft Store).

Select Browse to locate and pick the program or application that you want to assign a custom performance level to. Windows lists the selected program or application underneath the browse button afterward.

If you selected classic app, a file browser opens that you may use to pick a program. The selection of universal app displays all apps installed so that you may pick one from the list that Windows presents to you.

Select the program or app, and then options to display the following menu:

Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs graphics-performance.png

Select one of the available options: system default, power saving, or high performance and then save to save the new preference. Windows may list different graphics processors for the power saving and the high performance plan if multiple are available on the device.

Note that some programs or apps are limited when it comes to the graphics processing unit that they may utilize. Some games can't be switched over to onboard graphics while some Windows Store applications can't utilize a dedicated graphics processor.

Windows 10 assigns the selected graphics performance level to the application when it is run on the system.

The operating system picks the GPU for a select application when the default option is selected (which it is by default).

You may use the remove button that is displayed when you select an application to remove it from the listing again or options to switch to another plan.

Closing Words

High performance mode appears to have little impact on an application's performance based on tests that I ran on a Windows 10 PC. Your mileage may vary as it may depend on the system configuration.

It feels a bit like Windows 10's game mode which did not really improve performance either.

Still, it is worth a shot if you need more performance or want to force apps to save more power. The changes that Windows 10 makes when you select high performance or power saving are not listed anywhere.

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 30, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 10 programs - Similar Threads - Assign graphics performance

2. Graphics Performance Preference shows only iGPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Performance Preference shows only iGPU: I am using Lenovo ideapad 320 AMD A9 with Radeon R5 Integrated Graphics & Radeon 530 Dedicated Graphics with windows 10 version 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251. In my Device Manager and Task Manager, it shows my both graphics card but in Graphics Performance Preference it only shows...
  3. Graphics Performance Preference shows only iGPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Performance Preference shows only iGPU: I am using Lenovo ideapad 320 AMD A9 with Radeon R5 Integrated Graphics & Radeon 530 Dedicated Graphics with windows 10 version 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251. In my Device Manager and Task Manager, it shows my both graphics card but in Graphics Performance Preference it only shows...
  4. Graphics Performance Preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Performance Preferences: In the Graphics Performance Preferences settings you are able to set individual programs/.exe's/store apps to use either a high performance gpu or the iGPU to save power.Leaving the option as "let windows decide" just leaves windows to always make the wrong decision, as it...
  5. Graphics Performance Preferences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Performance Preferences: In the Graphics Performance Preferences settings you are able to set individual programs/.exe's/store apps to use either a high performance gpu or the iGPU to save power.Leaving the option as "let windows decide" just leaves windows to always make the wrong decision, as it...
  6. Graphics Performance Preferences

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences: I currently have two gpus in my system, a GTX 1080 primary and an RX570 secondary. I would like to use my primary gpu for playing games and my secondary gpu for other tasks using graphics performance preferences but only my 1080 is showing up in the options. I have drivers...
  8. How to assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 11 programs

in Windows 10 News
    How to assign graphics performance preferences to Windows 11 programs: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system includes an option to assign graphics preferences to programs on the system. The default setting gives Windows 11 control over the performance, but administrators may change the default to enforce the performance level. The main idea...
  9. Graphics performance preference setting not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Graphics performance preference setting not working: I have set opera to run on my nvidia 1050 but it simply does not. This is the same with any other app like Chrome or some .exe's The option to "run with graphics processor" in the right click menu has been removed in the 2004 update which is dumb so this is my only option,...
  10. Graphics performance preference setting not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics performance preference setting not working: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3pwe0wfa63b51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=9494dc273d6bf956df274c9598e3284e4fb37f83 I have set opera to run on my nvidia 1050 but it simply does not. This is the same with any other app like Chrome or some .exe's The option to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 graphics performance preference

2. graphic performance preference script

3. assign a program to a graphic

4. how to assign a application to a specific video card on windows 10 with powershell,
  5. graphics perfromanve preference steam,
  6. windows 10 assign graphic card t program,
  7. assign video card to program windows 10,
  8. assign a graphics processor to an application windows 10 ,
  9. assign gpu to program in windows 10,
  10. windows 10 grafic prference high performence for steam