Windows 10: Assign individual app for individual .url files

Discus and support Assign individual app for individual .url files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm starting to seriously question the intelligence of the people who design windows 10, but anyway. I've been doing some looking, and it seems you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klmbt, Jul 30, 2019.

1. klmbt Win User

Assign individual app for individual .url files

I'm starting to seriously question the intelligence of the people who design windows 10, but anyway.
    I've been doing some looking, and it seems you can't set an individual .url file to launch with an individual program. As far as I can tell, you can only set GLOBAL default apps. For somewhat obvious reasons, I DO NOT want a global default for .url files - I do, however, want certain .url files to launch with certain apps. This has been a default staple of windows up until, apparently, the idiocy that is windows 10.
    You CANNOT launch Minecraft, Runescape, Canon Easy Print, and various other .url files with the same program, and apparently, in windows 10, you cannot set a default launcher for each individual .url - or at least, if you can, it's hidden in some mysterious backwater option that nobody would ever find without dismantling the entire OS - which is not a level of effort I wish to expend on such an absurdly simple concept. I don't particularly wish to expend the effort of scrolling through a list of 200 programs every time I want to launch a .url either.

Thus, my question - what is the fastest and simplest way to bypass this bizarre brain child of the least intelligent, laziest programmers in OS history?

***Modified title from: Windows 10 Default Apps***

:)

klmbt, Jul 30, 2019

2. Ringtones assigned to individual contacts

After following all previous instructions & suggestions, my problem still persisted until I managed to check out another Windows 10 Lumia phone. This phone also had individual ringtones assigned to contacts & a different tone set as the default ringtone
    but, under 'Manage App Sounds', 'Phone' - the 'Notification Sound' was set to 'Default' whereas I had added my ringtone. After changing that to 'Default' on my phone all now works as it should.

PeterPeregrine, Jul 30, 2019
  3. for individual app lock

hello sir,

can I lock individual app or folder??

praveen2988, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Assign individual app for individual .url files

Ringtones assigned to individual contacts

Hello Timoteo, thanks for your reply.

The OS Build currently installed is 10.0.14393.1066 and I have used the Ringtone Maker to create my custom ringtones. And they all work well. I have set this phone up the same way as my previous Lumia 8.1 which was fine. My problem is that, despite the individual
    ringtones assigned to my People contacts, this phone just plays the default tone whoever calls.

PeterPeregrine, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Assign individual app for individual .url files

1. Assign individual app for individual .url files - Similar Threads - Assign individual app

2. Individual Educator Program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Individual Educator Program: HelloWhen i try to signup as individual educator, it is directing me to a page where i have to update contact info of my institution, but i am not working at an institution, i want to register as individual educatorHow to solve this issue? as i want to become an educator and...
  3. Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder: Hey guys, I need to delete certain files in the WindowsApps folder. Ive changed permissions to be able to modify/delete the actual WindowsApps Folder (I want to delete certain files in the WindowsApp folder not the actual folder itself) through permissions but even though I...
  4. How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?

How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?: I just want one volume for everything. I don't want individual applications to take control and make their volume higher or lower. I don't want to have to right-click volume mixer and adjust levels. I'm a simple man and just want my volume to work like it's 1997 with a Sound...
  5. Onedrive - individual files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive - individual files: 1909 18363.1016 Is it possible to sync individual files in onedrive? 164032
  6. Where are the individual update files?

Where are the individual update files?: Before doing its thing, I believe Windows Update gets those KBxxxxxx files from Microsoft and stores them somewhere. If I could copy them to a similar location on another PC, it might help speed up the total update process in that PC. So where are those files stored?...
  7. Screenshot individual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screenshot individual monitors: I have a 3 screen setup. When I screenshot, it takes a screenshot of all 3 monitors and I just want to screenshot 1 monitor at a time. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenshot-individual-monitors/78b453be-c11c-4916-a3cb-c265ccc1580f
  8. Individual Folder/File Account Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Individual Folder/File Account Permissions: First...I know this question has been asked many times since 2017. I've read every forum thread I could find on this topic, but concluded that no one, who has asked a similar question, has been given a satisfactory answer/solution yet. I will attempt to be detailed as I...
  9. Uninstalling individual Office 365 apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Uninstalling individual Office 365 apps: I got the free trial version of Office and was planning on buying it after my trial is over. However, I'm wondering if there's a way to only install or keep certain programs? I don't use most of them. I have the entire Office suite already installed on my PC so I'm trying to...
  10. Custom icons for individual files

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons for individual files: How can I change the icon for an individual file? For example, I have a phonelist.docx Word file on my desktop and would like to change the icon from the default Word icon to a telephone icon. How can that be done? 33083