Windows 10: Assign Windows E3 license

Discus and support Assign Windows E3 license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi team, We have synced on prem AD with Azure AD. Assigned the license(Windows 10 Enterprise E3) in Azure Portal for Windows AD User. i joined a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Raghul Kumar, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Assign Windows E3 license

Hi team,

We have synced on prem AD with Azure AD. Assigned the license(Windows 10 Enterprise E3) in Azure Portal for Windows AD User.

i joined a machine in on prem AD and logged in User(which is having E3 license), but the license is not assign.

:)

Raghul Kumar, Dec 6, 2019

2. Windows Enterprise E3 not working

Good Evening,

I bought Windows Enterprise E3 (Local Only) subscription directly from Microsoft (Buy services tab in Office 365 Portal). I assigned a license to a user and confirmed it in Azure Portal. However, when I joined Windows 10 Pro machine to Azure AD (signed using
    the same username), I still have "Windows 10 Pro" listed in the system information.

Aravil- [O365], Dec 6, 2019
  3. FranckMa Win User
    How do I prevent private computer of my users to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise when they login to a Microsoft 365 E3 account?

Thanks Sarah,

well, let's take a look at it step by step.

the whole company moves to Microsoft 365 E3, inlcuding Windows 10 E3 (no Windows SA anymore)

this means I need to assign each user a Windows 10 E3 license, subscription based.

Nr. 5. of your last link above says:

Windows 10 in CSP

5. No OS re-install is required - just connect Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update to Azure AD, sign-in with a user with assigned Windows 10 Enterprise E3 license and the device will become Windows 10 Enterprise after reboot.

Activation of windows is not done through KMS anymore but through the Azure AD User Account.

This User Account also has Office 365 E3 service assigned to, like Office 365 Pro Plus, ...

Office 365 also does not have any home user rights anymore, but you can use one or several of the 5 installations on your home PC, which requires to logon from the home PC to your Azure AD user account.

Now what happens to your Home PC with Windows 10 Pro, when you login with / connect to your Azure AD user account with

this Windows 10 E3 license assigned to?

regards,

Franck

FranckMa, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Assign Windows E3 license

We have more than 600 users and ofiice 365 E3 license. For "Microsoft 365 business" which type we should take license?

Hi Dhiraj,

Based on your description, I suggest you subscript Microsoft 365 E3 to meet your requirement, as it includes Office 365 E3 and Windows 10 Enterprise E3 license.

For more information, you can refer to the following article:

What is Microsoft 365?

Thanks,

Qing

Qing Tang MSFT, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Assign Windows E3 license

1. Assign Windows E3 license - Similar Threads - Assign license

2. Having Doubts in Assigning License from Partner Network !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having Doubts in Assigning License from Partner Network !: Hi Team, We are partner with Microsoft, so we are getting a license from partner benefits. Having a doubt with if i assign a Windows10 Enterprise license to a machine which is valid up-to 1 year or lifetime validity. If it's a lifetime validity it will work if we did...
  3. Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access: I have a tablet that I need to setup as kiosk on Microsoft Edge. It was on 1607, but that version did not support Kiosk Mode on MS Edge, so I proceeded to update to version 1909 which at this time is the latest one. So I went once again try enabling Assigned Access but...
  4. Macrium Reflect assigning letters question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect assigning letters question: When I use diskpart in cmd promt, I only have 2 volumes listed: D for my rewritable dvd drive and C for my OS volume. When I open disk management in windows only C and D is listed. When I open Minitool Partition Wizard, I only have C listed. When I open Macrorit Partition...
  5. Prevent Usb / Windows from automaticaly assigning USB letters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent Usb / Windows from automaticaly assigning USB letters: Hello, Is there a way to prevent a usb stick / usb volume from getting an automatical letter on an Windows machine? submitted by /u/xlogiic2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/elgubd/prevent_usb_windows_from_automaticaly_assigning/
  6. Assigning default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning default browser: Need help with assigning default programs. Upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Win 7 64 bit. My browser of choice is Firefox. When I open Firefox, I am told it is not my default browser. When I try to set it to be default, Settings opens to allow me to make my choice....
  7. Xbox 360 Gamepad assigned to port 2 instead of port 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 Gamepad assigned to port 2 instead of port 1: Hi, Very few times, when I plug my game pad, it's wrongly associated with port 2. I know it's port 2 because the light at top right of the pad is on instead of the one at top left. The only other plugged USB devices are : - my wireless mouse Logitech G602 - keyboard -...
  8. Event ID 158 error – Identical disk GUIDs assignment in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Event ID 158 error – Identical disk GUIDs assignment in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will explore the causes and remediation for the logged error event – Event ID 158. The event indicates that two or more disk devices in Windows 10 are assigned identical disk GUIDs. GUID (or UUID) is an [...] This post Event ID 158 error –...
  9. Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps?: Let's say I'm connected to a WiFi network and I want uTorrent to download some legal files using this network at full speed. At the same time, I've USB tethered my phone to my PC to use my mobile data. I want to use this 4G network to browse on Chrome on my PC. submitted by...
  10. Hot key assigned to a repetitive test statement

in Windows 10 Support
    Hot key assigned to a repetitive test statement: Hello, I have a text statement I type in our company software each time I use it. Instead of typing it each time, can I program one of the "F" keys to insert it each time I need it? Thank you in advance, Tony 145730