Windows 10: Assigned Access - configuring wifi

Discus and support Assigned Access - configuring wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm setting up an old Surface as a digital picture frame for my mother. I successfully setup Assigned Access, and Autologin for the Kiosk account. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IPv6Guy, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Assigned Access - configuring wifi

I'm setting up an old Surface as a digital picture frame for my mother. I successfully setup Assigned Access, and Autologin for the Kiosk account. So now as soon as you turn it on, the picture frame app starts. Ya!

My issue is that the Kiosk account never connects to WiFi, and I have to switch to my account on the box for it to connect. How do I setup the Kiosk account to know what the WiFi is and connect to it automatically?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/IPv6Guy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IPv6Guy, Dec 22, 2020

2. Not able to configure IP address to access WiFi network

Hi,

I have secured Wifi installed at my work place, where I need to Configure IP address in laptop to access internet / Wifi.

DHCP is not enabled and so automatic IP is not assigned to devices trying to connect to Wifi network.

I want to connect my Lumia 620 in this network, but there is no option to configure IP address to access WiFi network.

Is there any way to configure IP address in Windows Phone 8?

-Nikhil

nikhil2312, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Configure Wireless Access Point

I have an existing network using a Buffalo N300 wireless router configured as 192.168.11 and 255.255.255

I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV with internet capability and would like to connect a second router – the Belkin F5D-8233 – as an access point for the TV. As I already have the router, it is cheaper than me purchasing the Sony wireless dongle.

Essentially, the Buffalo is connected to my PC in one room and provides the internet access. The Belkin would be in another room, connected via Ethernet to the TV.

I have set the Belkin up to use 192.168.11.10 with the same SSID and security settings as the Buffalo. I have also set it up as an Access point.

I have connected the Belkin and the Buffalo together via the Ethernet LAN ports to try and do an initial configuration but I cannot see the Belkin when I do this even though the LAN ports light up.

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to configure the Belkin so that it gets internet access wirelessly in the other room?

I have been able to confure the TV so that it sees and connects to the Belkin but obviously this is of little use unless it can connect to the internet through that connection.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Lowtrawler, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Danweel Win User

Assigned Access - configuring wifi

Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

I have this problem everywhere, not just at home. Though at home I have access to connect directly or with the Ethernet, which doesn't seem to change the issue at all. Specifically, we've tried assigning IP addresses manually already.

If I didn't understand your suggestion though, just let me know what steps I need to do.

Danweel, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Assigned Access - configuring wifi

1. Assigned Access - configuring wifi - Similar Threads - Assigned Access configuring

2. using kiosk mode/Assigned Access for signage - losing wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    using kiosk mode/Assigned Access for signage - losing wifi: I'm using the "Assigned Access" or kiosk mode of Windows 10 with a Pocket PC / mini PC stick https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXV8T53/ attached to a TV, to display a particular web address for digital signage. Normally it works great. Problem is, if the wifi connection...
  3. Assigned access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigned access: Hi guys I have a problem with login to my kiosk account. I did a windows update to version 1909 and now every time I try to login, I get kicked back out to the login screen. The kiosk account is set to automatically login and it refuses. When I try to remove assigned...
  4. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: Hi Folks, on my new Win 10 Home laptop, I managed to get things the way I wanted them rather easier than I expected. More on that later. - I have to use the Network Troubleshooter everytime i power on. This is what happened last time. [img] I tried with this disabled Turn...
  5. Windows 10 Assigned Access - Issues

Windows 10 Assigned Access - Issues: On Windows 10 1803 Pro After OS deployment via MDT which also installs our MS Dynamics MPOS, tools, and Configurations (including Assigned Access) everything worked. For a year. I updated the MPOS after a few months. Then updated the MPOS software this month and during...
  6. Assigned Access kiosk and copy/paste

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Assigned Access kiosk and copy/paste: I have an in house kiosk app that we set up using "set-assignedaccess" The app itself works great. The app runs as a regular non-admin user. Also, when the app is run as an admin or regular user outside of being set up with assigned access, copy/paste works, so I presume...
  7. Assigned Access

Assigned Access: I am not able add a user to assigned access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assigned-access/117ee744-707a-4b96-8840-bfe31d4cc080
  8. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no longer available. The fitbit was still connected to the USB port. I went through all of the troubleshooting...
  9. Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi.

Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi.: Im using a Win10 Pro B1803 64bit. My laptop has a Ethernet port and Wifi. the Ethernet port is connecting company's local working network and the Wifi is connecting to the company's wifi network for internet. Here is my question, is there any possible way that I can...
  10. Network configuration broken (WiFi)

Network configuration broken (WiFi): Greetings, I ran into a problem with corrupted network configuration after installing Tamosoft Throughput Test or IVT BlueSoleil. Dunno which one as they were installed in one batch, but after finalizing both setups, the network icon overlayed with the red cross label and...