Windows 10: Assigning a PC to my son's account

Discus and support Assigning a PC to my son's account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son just built a gaming laptop and I would like to add some parental controls to it. The problem is that when I look at the devices connected to his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AriMoses, Jan 9, 2021.

1. AriMoses Win User

Assigning a PC to my son's account

My son just built a gaming laptop and I would like to add some parental controls to it. The problem is that when I look at the devices connected to his account in the family tab on the microsoft site his PC is not listed under his devices, which he is logged into. However when I go to the Devices tab I can see the PC but it is not assigned to any family member. How do I assign this PC to my son? Any and all help is appreciated.

:)

AriMoses, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Minecraft Coins for sons account

Hi Stephen,

Buying Minecraft in-game content like coins can only be done on the account where you want to have the coins. For us to properly assist you with your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly verify the following:

• Is your son's Minecraft account is associated with your Xbox Live account?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to buy coins on your son's profile?
    • Have you tried to sign in your son's account on a different device and try to purchase?

For additional assistance for in-game concerns, you may also try getting in touch with the game developer.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Assigning a PC to my son's account

Microsoft account on desktop,laptop, and xbox one

Hi,

To correct the issue, we suggest you to perform the steps below:

• Press Windows log key + S.
    • Type User Accounts and click on it from the result.
    • Click on Manage Another Account.
    • If your son's account appears there, you can remove it and retain your account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Assigning a PC to my son's account

1. Assigning a PC to my son's account - Similar Threads - Assigning son's account

2. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  3. Account incorrectly assigned

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account incorrectly assigned: MSFT account is linked to a family account I do not recognise and therefore cannot use it properly. Please can someone help urgently. I am an adult. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-incorrectly-assigned/ca06b9b3-f018-4597-b3e7-e61dea89cec1
  4. Account incorrectly assigned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account incorrectly assigned: MSFT account is linked to a family account I do not recognise and therefore cannot use it properly. Please can someone help urgently. I am an adult. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-incorrectly-assigned/ca06b9b3-f018-4597-b3e7-e61dea89cec1
  5. Account incorrectly assigned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot add funds to my son's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add funds to my son's account: I am trying to add money to my son's account for him to make purchases but keep getting an error message and it won't let me add funds. All my subscriptions are current and there is no obvious reason he cannot add funds. We were able to add funds on May 6, 2023. What do I...
  7. **** I ACCIDENTALY ASSIGNED MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT TO MY WINDOWS 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    **** I ACCIDENTALY ASSIGNED MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT TO MY WINDOWS 11 PC: I CAN NO LONGER AUTOMATICALLY LOGIN, PASSWORDS WERE ALREADY DISABLED IN NETPLWIZ AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO UNDO THIS.I WOULD LIKE TO USE MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT AS MY USER PROFILE SURE, BUT I CANNOT COPE WITH NEEDING TO LOGIN EVERY SINGLE TIME I TURN MY COMPUTER.WHY MUST MICROSOFT...
  8. **** I ACCIDENTALY ASSIGNED MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT TO MY WINDOWS 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    **** I ACCIDENTALY ASSIGNED MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT TO MY WINDOWS 11 PC: I CAN NO LONGER AUTOMATICALLY LOGIN, PASSWORDS WERE ALREADY DISABLED IN NETPLWIZ AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO UNDO THIS.I WOULD LIKE TO USE MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT AS MY USER PROFILE SURE, BUT I CANNOT COPE WITH NEEDING TO LOGIN EVERY SINGLE TIME I TURN MY COMPUTER.WHY MUST MICROSOFT...
  9. Transferring my microsoft account to my son

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transferring my microsoft account to my son: Is there a way to transfer my Microsoft account over to my son? He has been using my account on his Xbox for some time and I would like him to use his own. He is concerned about loosing some information / data or something. Can I reassign the current account to him and...
  10. adding PC to son's list of devices on microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    adding PC to son's list of devices on microsoft account: Hello My whole family is listed under family in microsoft. However, my son's account only lists the xbox as his device. I would like to add my PC to his list as well but I can't see how to do it. I've tried logging out of my entire computer settings and logging him in but...