Windows 10: Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

Discus and support Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey All, I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by itsanape, May 13, 2017.

1. itsanape Win User

Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

Hey All,

I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network, we'll call it <hardware network>. In order for everything to work, i have to use a pre-assigned static ipv4 address <hardware IP>, and I must use a specific gateway. I can always make the changes by hand

right-click on start>network connections>right-click on the wifi connection>properties>tcp/ipv4 properties>use the following IP addres.

BUT the big annoyance is that this network doesn't have an internet connection (strictly for connecting to hardware), so I often have to switch between the networks (if i'm pushing code to git, for example). Is there a way for me to save this specific configuration to be automatically used if I attempt to connect to <hardware network>, but if I attempt to connect to another network <internet network>, it allows for automatic IP acquisition?

:)

itsanape, May 13, 2017
  2. benoitvm Win User

automating a couple of network settings changes

because of conflicting network settings (and a bug ? causing manually-assigned IP address for Wi-Fi to prevent server-assigned IP to work when connected tp 3G...), I need to change two parameters each time I switch between my home Wi-Fi network and the
    3G network:

1) switch Settings/Connections/Connections/Advanced/Select Networks

2) switch Network Adapter IP address from specific IP to server-assigned and vice-versa

It's a bit tedious to do this manually each time I switch networks (especially entering the specific IP & default gateway)...what would be a simple way to automate these tasks (at least #2, which involves just a registry change, I guess) ?

benoitvm, May 13, 2017
  3. No gateway reply EVEN WHEN successfully connected to a WLAN access point

My laptop use Wired LAN connecting to Internet.

here is the connection ip settings:

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.68.68

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.64

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth PAN Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

fdiscussion, May 13, 2017
  4. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

TairikuOkami, May 13, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Depending on specific IP you may not need to change just use route come to set route

Samuria, May 13, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    What router are you using for your lab network? Does it have DHCP reservation capability? In the router you set it to assign specific IP addresses to the specific MAC addresses of the client network adapters connecting to it. You leave the clients set for DHCP and when connecting to that router they will always get the same IP address. When they connect to a different router, then they get a different IP address assigned by that router.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

1. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network - Similar Threads - Assigning specific gateway

2. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  3. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  4. Assign an icon to a specific file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign an icon to a specific file: As stated in the title, I want to assign an icon to a specific file on Windows 10. It's not a shortcut, it is a file in its original directory. And I don't want to assign the same icon to all files of a specific file type, just one specific file and I want my icon to be a...
  5. Network problem with specific device on specific network

Network problem with specific device on specific network: Hi there, I'm having an issue connecting my PC to my home internet. I built the PC a few weeks ago, and am using an MSI b450 carbon pro max wifi - all mobo/network/wifi drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. For the first 2 weeks I was connected to my home network...
  6. Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?: When using multidesktop, I can assign Microsoft Word to desktop #2. But then if I scroll to desktop #3, and if I open another Microsoft Word document, it will place it into desktop #3. I am curious if it is possible to limit certain apps to certain desktops. submitted by...
  7. Assign a full keyboard to a specific application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assign a full keyboard to a specific application: I connected a secound keyboard to my PC and it actet normally, like it should. Through the driver I assigned hotkeys with which I tried to contol OBS. The problem was, whenever I launched a game, this game blocked the hotkey and tried to execute it. So I wantet to know is...
  8. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning Application to Specific Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557
  9. VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

VPN Sharing to a specific IP -: Hi guys, I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10. I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an access point, and has wireless and ethernet ports, both working. dlink dir-655 that doesnt support DD-WRT). WHY i want to...
  10. Static IP with a specific Network

Static IP with a specific Network: Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other networks gets automatic IP's. So, when i need connect windows 10 to this network, i open control panel, select network...