Windows 10: Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

Discus and support Assigning Application to Specific Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anwesh Gangula, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop?

:)

Anwesh Gangula, Jul 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 task view assign applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing difficulty in assigning the applications to a specific virtual desktop. Let me help you in clearing your doubts.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is called “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Click Task view. When you open the Task View interface for the first time, or you only have one desktop, the “Add a desktop” button is available.

Step 2: Click it to add virtual desktop.

Step 3: Open the apps that you want to use on that desktop.

Step 4: Click Task view again to switch between desktops.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related query and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 24, 2018
  3. LED4 Win User
    How to assign a specific Playback Device to an application?

Original title: Sound Devices

Anyone know how to assign a specific Playback Device to an application?

I have a TV Tuner plugged in and working.

I have my flatscreen tv installed and I want to use the sound device assigned to the flat screen speakers when I use the TV Tuner. But I don't want to use it as my default.

So basically, while using the TV tuner it should use the TV speakers. But I want to use the sound card in the PC for OS sounds/Internet Explorer, Edge, and even games.

Is it possible in Win10 to assign specific playback devices to an application?

4. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

Windows 10 task view assign applications

How do I assign an application to a specific virtual desktop so it always opens in the same one?

You would think that such basic functionality exists.

BlackPetey, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

1. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop - Similar Threads - Assigning Application Specific

2. Can you have specific applications assigned to each new desktop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you have specific applications assigned to each new desktop ?: I do many different things on my computer, and I want to customize each desktop for specific workflows. As far as I can find, you can only change the names and background images when using the multi-desktop feature. I want to have my video editing applications on one desktop,...
  3. Can you have specific applications assigned to each new desktop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you have specific applications assigned to each new desktop ?: I do many different things on my computer, and I want to customize each desktop for specific workflows. As far as I can find, you can only change the names and background images when using the multi-desktop feature. I want to have my video editing applications on one desktop,...
  4. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  5. Assign an icon to a specific file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign an icon to a specific file: As stated in the title, I want to assign an icon to a specific file on Windows 10. It's not a shortcut, it is a file in its original directory. And I don't want to assign the same icon to all files of a specific file type, just one specific file and I want my icon to be a...
  6. Assigning certain Desktop Icon layouts to specific themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning certain Desktop Icon layouts to specific themes: Hi! This might sound like kind of a dumb question, but I was wondering if there's a way that I can have certain Desktop Icon layouts for certain themes? Themes are something that I enjoy making, and I switch between them frequently, and Windows 10 is really good for that...
  7. Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?: When using multidesktop, I can assign Microsoft Word to desktop #2. But then if I scroll to desktop #3, and if I open another Microsoft Word document, it will place it into desktop #3. I am curious if it is possible to limit certain apps to certain desktops. submitted by...
  8. Assign a full keyboard to a specific application

Assign a full keyboard to a specific application: I connected a secound keyboard to my PC and it actet normally, like it should. Through the driver I assigned hotkeys with which I tried to contol OBS. The problem was, whenever I launched a game, this game blocked the hotkey and tried to execute it. So I wantet to know is...
  9. Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-virtual-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557
  10. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network: Hey All, I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network, we'll call it <hardware network>. In order for everything to work, i have to use a pre-assigned static ipv4 address <hardware...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to assign windows to a specific desktop

2. windows assign application to desktop

3. assign edge to one desktops only

4. task view how to assign application to always start in desktop 2,
  5. how to assign specific application to a file