Windows 10: Assigning default browser

Discus and support Assigning default browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Need help with assigning default programs. Upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Win 7 64 bit. My browser of choice is Firefox. When I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesNewbaker1, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Assigning default browser

Need help with assigning default programs. Upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Win 7 64 bit. My browser of choice is Firefox. When I open Firefox, I am told it is not my default browser. When I try to set it to be default, Settings opens to allow me to make my choice. The Firefox icon is not present in the choices offered in settings. How do I resolve this?

:)

JamesNewbaker1, Jan 5, 2020

2. How do I stop Windows 10 from automatically opening browser for wifi authentication?

Bill,

What I suggest you is to clear out all defaults for it and assign them to your preferred browser.

To do so, follow these steps:

Type "Default" to Search box.

Choose Default option with the checkmark icon.

Pick your new browser in the list and "set as default".

Hope this helps.

Yuri Nathan, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Assigning default browser

Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Assigning default browser

1. Assigning default browser - Similar Threads - Assigning default browser

2. default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default browser: Was using edge but after seeing how you change the default browser settings, I'll never use it again.Going back to chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/4723a7df-2e34-4e4a-85cc-588ce3500c1b
  3. Default Browser assignment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Browser assignment: I use Microsoft Edge, but also Google Chrome and Firefox. I would like the option to assign NO default for my browsers, rather than having one and having to either copy addresses or re-make links in order to open desktop links, perhaps with the "open with" option available...
  4. Default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default browser: I just loaded Win10 on a new hard drive and then downloaded Firefox. I was asked if this was my default browser and I answered yes,however every time I open it I get the same question about default browser. Can this be turned off or something? Thanks...
  5. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  6. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and, Comodo Ice Dragon, browsers. I use, Comodo Ice Dragon, as my default browser. My question is, is it possible To use, a different browser for different things? For...
  7. Default Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Browser: I have a Windows computer and it won't let me choose the default browser as chrome!! I reset it to chrome so many times but Yahoo keeps showing up when I search up something in a new tab.......
  8. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...
  9. Default Browser

Default Browser: i cant change default browser when i change default browser settings display hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/default-browser/4e82e26c-6efb-49c6-b8ee-fdffafe8797c
  10. Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser: I have Internet Explorer set as my default browser. Each time I click on a link to website (often in an email) Windows asks which App to use to open the link. I highlight "Internet Explorer" and check the box "Always use this App" Sure enough the next time I click on a...