Windows 10: Assigning drive D: for movie download

Discus and support Assigning drive D: for movie download in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using Windows 10, Have two drives C: system drive, D: data drive. Itunes won't load either program or movies to D: drive. how do I fix that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardCall2, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Assigning drive D: for movie download

Using Windows 10, Have two drives C: system drive, D: data drive. Itunes won't load either program or movies to D: drive. how do I fix that?

:)

RichardCall2, Oct 29, 2018

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Assigning drive D: for movie download

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Assigning drive D: for movie download

1. Assigning drive D: for movie download - Similar Threads - Assigning drive movie

2. Downloads are going to root of D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads are going to root of D drive: We were trying to move the location of my downloads folder from its original place in C drive, but accidentally failed to create a download folder for the D drive before changing the location, causing it to be connected to the root of the D drive.We've restored the original...
  3. Downloads are going to root of D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads are going to root of D drive: We were trying to move the location of my downloads folder from its original place in C drive, but accidentally failed to create a download folder for the D drive before changing the location, causing it to be connected to the root of the D drive.We've restored the original...
  4. Downloads are going to root of D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Download on D drive

Download on D drive: I am trying to download epic games launcher on my D drive but I keep getting the error "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run." However, if I download epic games launcher in the C drive program...
  6. Downloading movies

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Downloading movies: Split from this thread. I know this is totally out of point but i think this needs to be heard. Watching movies is a great alternative to while away time and kill boredom but there comes the question, where do you download movies. It is no new thing that most people do not...
  7. Downloading to the D drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Downloading to the D drive: I want to have my downloads go to my D drive rather than the C drive since I have more space available on the D drive. How do I change it on my computer? I have Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i5-9600 CPU @3.70Hz....
  8. Set apps to download to D Drive.

Set apps to download to D Drive.: Hello, I am trying to change my default download location for apps to the D Drive on my Windows 10 computer. Everything else has been able to set the new drive as an acceptable location, but the when i hit apply for the apps, it just tells me "We couldn't set your default...
  9. D Drive and Download Folder Gone

D Drive and Download Folder Gone: After a recent Windows 10 update my D Drive disappeared, and with it all folders and files stored under 'Downloads' (on my C drive). I use a DELL XPS13 laptop. The files are rather important in nature (work), and I would love to recover them. I tried to run a recovery...
  10. Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive: Hi. For the first time I downloaded a movie I purchased from the Microsoft store. It seems like I can only watch it online (under "My Films and TV"). Is there a way I can save it on to a flash drive and watch it on another device devoid of Internet connection? I already paid...