Windows 10: Assigning one jack to one sound device

Discus and support Assigning one jack to one sound device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue where both a front panel jack and a rear panel jack links to the same audio playback device below As shown, i can plug both my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ryanjerry, Dec 22, 2020.

1. ryanjerry Win User

Assigning one jack to one sound device

I have an issue where both a front panel jack and a rear panel jack links to the same audio playback device below

As shown, i can plug both my headphones and speakers into each jack, but only one appearsspeakers

It is only if I unplug the speakers do i hear audio from my headphones

Assigning one jack to one sound device 50f9ea31-d1bc-449c-a6ad-d7d024bd11bd?upload=true.png

:)

ryanjerry, Dec 22, 2020

2. Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?

I have an RealTek internal PC sound card and a SignaLink USB external sound card for digital amateur radio communications with my HAM radio system.

Whenever I plug headphones into the PC headphone jack, it commandeers the external sound card instead of using the internal sound card.

Is there a way to assign the headphone jack to the internal sound card "permanently?

MaverickNH, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Assigning one jack to one sound device

Does Windows log when you plug in / unplug an audio device from a 3.5mm jack?

When an audio device is plugged/unplugged from the 3.5mm jack, does Windows log that anywhere?

Not by default. You have to write an app to detect plug in/plug out. Note the jack has to support jack-presence detection.

See Device Events - Windows applications | Microsoft Docs for more information and sample code.

You can extend the sample code to log to a file or create a custom user define event in the event log.

Suggestion:

• Add code to use your built in webcam to take a photo of the culprit.

DavidPostill, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Assigning one jack to one sound device

1. Assigning one jack to one sound device - Similar Threads - Assigning jack sound

2. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one output sound device in sound mixer options: So I recently downloaded blue tooth drivers and connected my wireless headphones but the in the default output option in sound mixer option its only speaker. So I have to add my output to apps manually but it doesn't work quite right. For example, in opera gx YouTube works...
  3. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one output sound device in sound mixer options: So I recently downloaded blue tooth drivers and connected my wireless headphones but the in the default output option in sound mixer option its only speaker. So I have to add my output to apps manually but it doesn't work quite right. For example, in opera gx YouTube works...
  4. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot run two sounds in one on a bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run two sounds in one on a bluetooth device.: Hey there I just got new earbuds, and it seems as if im not able to multitask with it, for eg. if i use google meet, then at the same time im not able to hear the sound of netflix or youtube. I have: Windows 10 64-bit Earbuds : Wecool Moonwalk M1 Browser : Edge or any...
  6. Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card: Hey, I don't know exactly how to describe this for a title, and I'm not getting much on google. I have head phones and speakers that I sometimes switch between depending on what I'm doing at my desk. I used to have 2 sound card (on board and an AGP dedicated sound card),...
  7. Computer will only detect one Jack at a time

Computer will only detect one Jack at a time: Hello, sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find anything on it after a search. I have purchased an adaptor for my 4 pin headset so I could use it with my windows PC. However, I've noticed something strange. Despite having two jacks on the front, one for headphones...
  8. Headset mic not working in one jack laptop even with two-to-one converter

Headset mic not working in one jack laptop even with two-to-one converter: I have a headset with two cables. My old win10 laptop has two jacks, everything works, but my new laptop has only one jack. I have bought a converting cable to get one jack, but the mic still doesn't show up, although the headset's speakers work fine. I tried plugging in...
  9. God Awful Sound from computer's one jack into a sound system. :(

God Awful Sound from computer's one jack into a sound system. :(: No matter what I've tried, and I tried many many many ways to get windows 10 to acknowledge the Intel HD Def Sound Driver. The brand X that the computer is using was found by troubleshooter to be inferior and in need of replacement. I am not being allowed to switch despite...
  10. Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?

Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?: I have an RealTek internal PC sound card and a SignaLink USB external sound card for digital amateur radio communications with my HAM radio system. Whenever I plug headphones into the PC headphone jack, it commandeers the external sound card instead of using the internal...