Windows 10: Assistance Needed: Locked Thread

Discus and support Assistance Needed: Locked Thread in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello: When working for Microsoft as a Blue Badge, access to the Microsoft KnowledgeBase (Knowledge Base aka: KB) at one point in time was for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eric_Bernstein, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Assistance Needed: Locked Thread

Hello:

When working for Microsoft as a Blue Badge, access to the Microsoft KnowledgeBase (Knowledge Base aka: KB) at one point in time was for Internal Use Only. As time progressed, some technical articles were released and viewable by the general public. Presently, the KB is open to the public solving and resolving technical issues "made easy and on a daily basis."

It goes without saying, the KB is an invaluable tool helping to search for and achieve resolution. However, this evening I submitted my question and to my surprise and for the first time, all replies were "Locked." Previously and not until today, I had not seen any KB articles locked.

My question is this:

"How do I proceed in my attempt to access the KB as I had been doing for years?"

I will continue to research seeking a resolution, but hopefully in the interim, I receive your reply. Obviously, the need to "unlock" is vital.

Thank you to all and I look forward to your reply. By chance, should I get a hit on my research to find how to unlock an SR, I will return and post a comment.

Eric

:)

Eric_Bernstein, Jul 9, 2019

2. thread lock

My problem is in viewing youtube vdeos the picture zooms to a small part of the picture as soon as play is pressed.

One suggestion somewhere was that the thread was locked which I dont understand and that I should unlock it to access overlay????

marcellehalse, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Assistance Needed: Locked Thread

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Assistance Needed: Locked Thread

1. Assistance Needed: Locked Thread - Similar Threads - Assistance Needed Locked

2. " This thread is locked "

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    " This thread is locked ": Is this the new way of ms defending itself ? Wherever I look tonight threads are locked.I.E. ms do read these, but are unable to solve their own problems.Within the locked threads there are still various weird ands wonderful ways around problems. Now it may or may not...
  3. thread locked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    thread locked?: Hello community! Can anyone tell me, why this thread is locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/upgrade-to-windows-10-2004-fails-0x80004005/3d06bd76-aeb5-4bf1-a3a9-8a6da7b30cb6?tm=1593940266180 I want to post the solution........
  4. Locked thread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked thread: I asked a question in this web area last july and although it was never answered it is now locked ????? Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-thread/12f9f12d-8c69-4739-b9c0-51efeb96e112
  5. Need some assist with windows 10 lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need some assist with windows 10 lock screen: I came across an issue with Windows 10, I am wondering if someone can assist me on it. I have a windows 10 Version 1903, two Monitor setups on a VMware environment with the latest update. The computer function properly with no issue, but when one of my end user Manual lock...
  6. Need some assist with windows 10 lock scrren

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need some assist with windows 10 lock scrren: I came across an issue with Windows 10, I am wondering if someone can assist me on it. I have a windows 10 Version 1903, two Monitor setups on a VMware environment with the latest update. The computer function properly with no issue, but when one of my end user Manual lock...
  7. thread locked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    thread locked: Does microsoft locks unsolved threads after some time? I've looked to a thread about restore points of some years ago and it was locked but there where 18 people with the same problem. Can I unlock it?...
  8. This thread is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    This thread is locked: I have the exactly same problem as the thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2013-change-my-system-date-format/9b8b7401-1e83-4730-a75d-246b3d1ad7d0) after I upgraded Windows 10 from build 1803 to 1903. Will Microsoft investigate the problem...
  9. This thread is locked

This thread is locked: I wanted to post on a thread to answer comment emailed to me from the thread. Got a message this thread is locked. No posting. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-thread-is-locked/a5933a72-2a7e-4e54-9b34-143ce44653e4
  10. thread lock

thread lock: how do you unlock thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/thread-lock/bc2e70e7-906d-4504-8e33-5d85a588d762