Windows 10: Assistance Needed: Locked Thread

Discus and support Assistance Needed: Locked Thread in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello: When working for Microsoft as a Blue Badge, access to the Microsoft KnowledgeBase (Knowledge Base aka: KB) at one point in time was for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eric_Bernstein, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Assistance Needed: Locked Thread

Hello:

When working for Microsoft as a Blue Badge, access to the Microsoft KnowledgeBase (Knowledge Base aka: KB) at one point in time was for Internal Use Only. As time progressed, some technical articles were released and viewable by the general public. Presently, the KB is open to the public solving and resolving technical issues "made easy and on a daily basis."

It goes without saying, the KB is an invaluable tool helping to search for and achieve resolution. However, this evening I submitted my question and to my surprise and for the first time, all replies were "Locked." Previously and not until today, I had not seen any KB articles locked.

My question is this:

"How do I proceed in my attempt to access the KB as I had been doing for years?"

I will continue to research seeking a resolution, but hopefully in the interim, I receive your reply. Obviously, the need to "unlock" is vital.

Thank you to all and I look forward to your reply. By chance, should I get a hit on my research to find how to unlock an SR, I will return and post a comment.

Eric

:)

Eric_Bernstein, Jul 9, 2019

2. thread lock

My problem is in viewing youtube vdeos the picture zooms to a small part of the picture as soon as play is pressed.

One suggestion somewhere was that the thread was locked which I dont understand and that I should unlock it to access overlay????

marcellehalse, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Assistance Needed: Locked Thread

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Assistance Needed: Locked Thread

1. Assistance Needed: Locked Thread - Similar Threads - Assistance Needed Locked

2. Locked Thread Re: Downgrading Ent to Pro needs updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked Thread Re: Downgrading Ent to Pro needs updating: The following locked thread should be endorsed "No valid for Enterprise LTSC" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-do-i-downgrade-from-windows-10-enterprise-to/f0988ba9-6926-4be3-9809-0e47206b7f7d?auth=1...
  3. Assistance Needed in Installing 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Assistance Needed in Installing 1903: I started a thread recently about my Windows 10 Home laptop not detecting or downloading the feature update 1903. My other laptop with Pro version did detect and download it. I was advised to wait. I discovered in Settings, Update and Security, Update Assistant which will...
  4. Assistance Needed in Installing 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Assistance Needed in Installing 1903: I started a thread recently about my Windows 10 Home laptop not detecting or downloading the feature update 1903. My other laptop with Pro version did detect and download it. I was advised to wait. I discovered in Settings, Update and Security, Update Assistant which will...
  5. Need Assistance With irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Assistance With irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD.: After updating to 1809 I have been plagued with multiple BSODs of different variations, but all have been solved except for this one. After about 20-30 minutes of doing nothing but staring at my desktop I get a BSOD with irql_not_less_or_equal, I have followed many "fixes"...
  6. Computer Assistance needed

Computer Assistance needed: My Laptop: OS: Win 10 home 64x Bit I think I have 8gb of DDRM (i think that it, or DDIM, can't remember) Ram. My graphics card is supposed to be Nvidia but i looked mine up with a diagnostics software and said it had 1gb of graphics memory. My CPU processer is...
  7. ERROR CODE 0x80071771 - NEED ASSISTANCE ASAP, MICROSOFT HAS NOT RESPONDED TO OTHER THREAD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERROR CODE 0x80071771 - NEED ASSISTANCE ASAP, MICROSOFT HAS NOT RESPONDED TO OTHER THREAD: I need assistance with this ASAP. I have my files stored on two external drives. I was forced to upgrade the hard drives in my PC AND upgrade to Windows 10 (thanks, Adobe). I was able to access these very files last week, AFTER these system changes, but had to go back to...
  8. This thread is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    This thread is locked: I wanted to post on a thread to answer comment emailed to me from the thread. Got a message this thread is locked. No posting. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-thread-is-locked/a5933a72-2a7e-4e54-9b34-143ce44653e4
  9. thread lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    thread lock: how do you unlock thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/thread-lock/bc2e70e7-906d-4504-8e33-5d85a588d762
  10. Random BSOD's - need assistance

Random BSOD's - need assistance: Hi I was hoping someone could help me figure out why my computer randomly BSOD's, freezes or restarts. I've attached the file as per the instructions. Please let me know if I need to do anything else? The BSOD's occur randomly and with no warning. I'm not sure why...