Windows 10: Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue.

Discus and support Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi. I hope someone can help me with my HDR connection issue. I just bought a new tv, Samsung Q80T, which I have connected to my laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HappyandAway, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue.

Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue. 9AQ8PBj3v-Y0eGHKBwzccPXA5XegtiDecs93vMFaR6g.jpg

Hi. I hope someone can help me with my HDR connection issue.
    I just bought a new tv, Samsung Q80T, which I have connected to my laptop with an HDMI cable. The problem is that I can not get the HDR activated on the tv and I will try to explain below where I am stuck.

As far as I understand, the connection between the laptop and the tv needs to be through an HDMI cable which supports 4K 60 Hertz, which I have done. ( I have tried with two different cables as I thought my issue was with my first HDMI cable, but changing it did not solve my problem). The one I am using now is an HDMI Premium Certified Cable with 4K UHD 3840x2160@60Hz.

In the Settings panel, I click System -> Display -> Advanced display settings. There I can see that my tv is connected to my Intel HD Graphic 620 card with a resolution of 3840x2160 with a refresh rate of 30.000 Hz and Color space is Standard dynamic range (SDR).

Advanced Display Settings

I click on the Display adapter properties for Display to get up the Properties for Generic PnP Monitor panel. I click on the Monitor tab and check the Monitor settings which have a drop-down list with the options of 23, 24, 25, 29, 30 Hertz. No 60!

Generic PnP monitor

I also have another older monitor connected. A BenQ GL2750. When I look at the settings for this monitor it is 60 Hertz.

Advanced Display Settings 2

Does anyone know why I do not get 60 Hertz on my HDMI connection while I get it on my old monitor which is connected with a 15-pin monitor cable? Thank you!

submitted by /u/HappyandAway
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HappyandAway, Nov 30, 2020
  2. chris_tm Win User

HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

MSI 43GSVR 7Re laptop with 6gb Nvidia 1060

Samsung 32hg70 monitor

HDMI 2.0 connected to laptop using only Samsung monitor as display

HDR WCG is an available option to turn on (SDR slider is greyed out for some reason) - once turned on, Windows 10 asks 'Do you want to keep these settings?" Choose Yes,
    but HDR WCG remains off.

Both the 1060 and monitor are HDR capable. Both laptop and monitor are HDMI 2.0

Any thoughts on why HDR won't turn on?

chris_tm, Nov 30, 2020
  3. I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
    + R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
    computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:

Reduce the frame rate

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
      2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.

- OR -

Reduce the resolution

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
      2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.

In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue.

HDR external display not detected when connected through a/v receiver, can't select "stream HDR video"

hi,

I've been putting together an hdr compatible set up for few month now but I can't seem to make it work. the windows video playback says "We didn't find any displays set up for HDR video".

my setup:

1) htpc - nuc8i3cys (crimson canyon) with integrated gpu radeon 540, running windows 10 (fully updated)

2) denon avr-x2400h a/c receiver connected to the htpc via hdmi uhd cable

3) Samsung q80r 4k tv

any suggestions how can I enable the hdr playback/streaming option ?

thanks

ddaAC_Milan, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue.

1. Assistance needed. Samsung Q80T with Windows 10 HDMI - HDR connection issue. - Similar Threads - Assistance needed Samsung

2. Issues HDR with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues HDR with windows 10: HiI'm having a trouble with my Samsung Odyssey G7, SDR looks much better then HDR.I'm running: i9 9900K with RTX2080ti, latest drivers and windows updates Win ver. 21H1 / OS buil 19043.985DxDiag info:Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported...
  3. Windows 10 HDR issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 HDR issue: submitted by /u/Bhaelros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9zvkq/windows_10_hdr_issue/
  4. Need assistance with BSOD issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need assistance with BSOD issues.: Constantly getting BSOD resulting in me constantly losing progress on my work. Here is a .rar of my minidumps. https://gofile.io/d/iO0tqy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-assistance-with-bsod-issues/aa7ee6d6-c0a5-4bc2-9cbb-46174c05bddf
  5. BSOD Issue - Need assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Issue - Need assistance: Hi all I am needing assistance with my BSOD issue please. here is a link to minidump on my onedrive. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj-tXIyK8MVdgiYe8OIBplS78T4u?e=1GmKAs Thanks...
  6. HDMI audio connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI audio connectivity issues: each time I connect my HP notebook to my Samsung series 6 TV via HDMI the video is properly displayed but the audio is produced by the computer and not the TV. Please help me I've tried to solve the problem for the passed week I contacted the virtual agent and the failed to...
  7. Windows 10 HDR issues again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 HDR issues again?: So I'm having issues with HDR on Windows 10 again. Let me state that this all was working correctly at one point with all the same equipment I have now (nothing has changed.. Hardware, HDMI Cable, TV), which leads me to believe its either a windows 10 update or an Nvidia...
  8. hdmi connection issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi connection issues.: I have just bought an lg 4k tv with four hdmi ports,I keep having to switch ports to get a signal don't know if this is problem with tv or my computer, I think there was a post saying it maybe a windows update that was the problem ?, but that mite be usb not sure thanks....
  9. Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display: Once again after a Windows update i have a problem.when i put hdmi lead in laptop my laptop goes black and defaults to the tv and have no way to change it this problem only effects samsung tv have tried on another tv works fine looks like a rollback for me ,have updated...
  10. Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI: I have DELL laptop Vostro 5000 series. After windows 10 update (April 2018), my laptop cannot connect my Samsung TV with HDMI cable. when i roll back update, everything goes well. 1) cable is Ok. 2) my drivers are installed and all update. 3) I tried to change resolution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. q80t drivers windows