Windows 10: Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing...

Discus and support Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all. I am facing a persistent crash when playing theHunter: Call of the Wild. This crash only occurs on one specific map Medved Taiga - for those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wstConrad, May 29, 2024.

1. wstConrad Win User

Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing...

Hi all. I am facing a persistent crash when playing theHunter: Call of the Wild. This crash only occurs on one specific map Medved Taiga - for those familiar and appears to me that there is no specific in-game action that causes the game to crash. This crash is random, but incredibly persistent - but as said before does not occur on any other map, nor any other game. Tested on a wide variety, with varying levels of CPU/GPU demand. I will preface the rest of this query with the statement this is not my own computer, but my brothers, and I cannot guarantee that all software/drivers are entire

:)

wstConrad, May 29, 2024

2. Forza Horizon 5 game crashing with error code 0xc0000005

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. I have read through all of the links you provided and tried every suggestion but still the crashing issue persists. I was able to play for 35 minutes this morning before it crashed, and that was after uninstalling (instead of just disabling) the various software listed in the articles you linked to. I am getting the same error message in event viewer, with error code: 0xc0000005

At this point I don't believe my PC hardware or any configuration on it is the issue., Forza simply is not stable yet on the latest hardware running windows 11. This must just be a thing where we have to wait for motherboard manufacturers to release a BIOS update, Microsoft to release a windows update, graphics card manufacturer to release driver update, and playground games to release Forza update. That could take 4-6 weeks for all of those things to receive a major update, so I guess I will just have to play something else in the meantime.

NateNamaste, May 29, 2024
  3. Callender Win User
    Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing... 151796d1504481801t-urgent-assistance-required-please-browse-folder-autoruns.jpg

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, May 29, 2024
  4. Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing...

Minesweeper Adventure - Limited Playing Field

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

1. What happens when you try to play other game?

2. Is this issue persists with this particular game?

3. Do you receive any error code or message while playing the game?

Lets try the following step and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers.
      • Right click on the Display drivers and select
        Properties
      • Click on the device tab and select Update driver.
    Also try to install the latest drivers from the Game Manufacturer Website and check if the issue persists.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing...

1. Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing... - Similar Threads - Assistance required persistent

2. Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance required with a persistent Invalid Pointer Read crash 0xc0000005 when playing...: Hi all. I am facing a persistent crash when playing theHunter: Call of the Wild. This crash only occurs on one specific map Medved Taiga - for those familiar and appears to me that there is no specific in-game action that causes the game to crash. This crash is random, but...
  3. Invalid value for registry when playing an mp3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry when playing an mp3: I would be grateful for any help on this. I have just tried playing an old mp3 file on my computer & am suddenly getting the error message Invalid value for registry. I then tried lots of other mp3s & am getting the same with all of them. Running Windows 11 pro.Many thanks...
  4. Need assistance with my pc crashing when playing games or idle.......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need assistance with my pc crashing when playing games or idle.......: Hello, I' am having trouble With windows at them moment. Crashing my computer every update it seems.not sure if this helps.... here are some pictures..not sure if its windows or my pc or gpu.I see this after every crash.... I look and boom. Twice or three times a day. It...
  5. Need assistance with my pc crashing when playing games or idle.......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need assistance with my pc crashing when playing games or idle.......: Hello, my email --> *** Email address is removed for privacy ***' am having trouble With windows at them moment. Crashing my computer every update it seems.not sure if this helps....not sure if its windows or my pc or gpu.I see this after every crash.... I look and boom....
  6. Need assistance with my pc crashing when playing games or idle.......

Need assistance with my pc crashing when playing games or idle.......: Hello, my email --> *** Email address is removed for privacy ***' am having trouble With windows at them moment. Crashing my computer every update it seems.not sure if this helps....not sure if its windows or my pc or gpu.I see this after every crash.... I look and boom....
  7. Error 0xc0000005 causing crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000005 causing crashes: Hey Ive had this error 0xc0000005 crashing all my games before, and after trying two weeks on fixing it i gave up and bought a new gpu thinking it would fix anything. However, after working fine for a week, yet again my games are crashing and showing errorcode 0xc0000005 in...
  8. Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read: Hey! So im trying to play some games and I ran into some problems. I am able to play for about 30 minutes then the game crashes. I go to my crash reports and try to figure out what the problem is but I am not that familiar with the stuff on this end so if someone can help me...
  9. Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read

in Windows 10 Support
    Game Crashes : Application Fault Null Pointer Read: Hey! So im trying to play some games and I ran into some problems. I am able to play for about 30 minutes then the game crashes. I go to my crash reports and try to figure out what the problem is but I am not that familiar with the stuff on this end so if someone can help me...
  10. Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program

Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program: Hi. I have a program that installs just fine on another W10 Pro, x64 (1809) box but when I start it in my own account here is what I see: [img] Cleanly uninstalled the old revision to the program and installed the new one. When I "Run as Administrator" the .exe works...