Windows 10: Assistance with forgetting your windows 10 password! Local Account.

Discus and support Assistance with forgetting your windows 10 password! Local Account. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i cant remember my password and i do not have a Microsoft account tied to my pc. I dont have any other pcs i can use to help. Any clues on what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by INEEDHELP________, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Assistance with forgetting your windows 10 password! Local Account.

So i cant remember my password and i do not have a Microsoft account tied to my pc.

I dont have any other pcs i can use to help.

Any clues on what I should do?

I don't want to wipe the pc?? So any clue on how i could get in without clearing my core files.

:)

INEEDHELP________, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 28, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Assistance with forgetting your windows 10 password! Local Account.

forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Assistance with forgetting your windows 10 password! Local Account.

1. Assistance with forgetting your windows 10 password! Local Account. - Similar Threads - Assistance forgetting password

2. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...: Do these two accounts function the same or are they different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-password-for-your-microsoft-account-on-the/b45df321-c983-40b9-aa28-676b254eeb32
  3. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...: Do these two accounts function the same or are they different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-password-for-your-microsoft-account-on-the/b45df321-c983-40b9-aa28-676b254eeb32
  4. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. windows forget password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows forget password: Hello Imagine an organization with 5,000 users. If 5% of users forget their Windows password, which is Join Domain, 250 requests for password change will be sent to the admin every day. Is it possible to add a password forget option on the Windows login page?...
  6. windows forget password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows forget password: Hello Imagine an organization with 5,000 users. If 5% of users forget their Windows password, which is Join Domain, 250 requests for password change will be sent to the admin every day. Is it possible to add a password forget option on the Windows login page?...
  7. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  8. How To Chnage Your Computer Password If You Forget With Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How To Chnage Your Computer Password If You Forget With Microsoft Account: How To Chnage Your Computer Password If You Forget With Microsoft Account I Read More Articles They Said Reset Microsoft Account passowrd i also reset i didn't get any change please answer my question fast beacuse i forget my computer password now how can i reset please...
  9. forget my microsoft account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forget my microsoft account password: Please Help me. First, sorry for my English. I have a big problem. stage: Windows 10, set to boot in safe mode (alternate shell) without network access. So, I forget my microsoft account password (usually i used my pin), how to get into the alternative shell or how to boot...
  10. forgot what the password is for your local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forgot what the password is for your local account: What if you are using your Microsoft account Shawn, and you forgot what the password is for your local account??? Long time ago when I was just using my local account, I never had a password setup for it. Now if I try to log in to my local account, it wants me to enter a...