Windows 10: Assistance with mic issues, please.

Discus and support Assistance with mic issues, please. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I am Natalia. I am a woman who is blind. I use screen readers, little pieces of software which read the screen to me, to navigate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Natalia728, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Assistance with mic issues, please.

Hi there,

I am Natalia. I am a woman who is blind. I use screen readers, little pieces of software which read the screen to me, to navigate the internet and all aspects of my computer, in conjuntion with the keyboard. I recently obtained my HP PC about a month ago, which I have described as best I can in my profile. It appears that my OS version number is: 19042.630. This should be the latest version of Windows 10.

I am having issues with my mic. I switched my language and region from United States English, to U.K. English, soon after setting up my computer. I did this because I am moving to Ireland. I was not thinking about the language and region initially, when I set it up. Now, Cortana cannot hear me. I have made multiple adjustments to my settings and can get Cortana to work for a very brief period of time. I always end up spending a couple hours trying to fix the problem and as soon as I reboot, Cortana cannot hear me again. I do not know what is going on. However, I am becoming very frustrated. I have never figured out exactly what causes Cortana to finally be able to hear me until I reboot next time. So I end up going in and out of settings, enabling and disabling the Mic, turning on/off the wake word, checking and unchecking the box for granting permissions to Cortana to access my mic, going in and out of speech settings, etc. This has made me wish time and time again that I could just reset my Windows to default settings somehow and start over with a clean device. However, if I restore the computer to factory defaults, my Windows will probably wiped off. Microsoft has not changed that aspect of Windows, right? When all other computer systems, one can re-format the OS, without losing the OS itself. Cortana was working beautifully, prior to me switching my language and region to the U.K.

I was participating in a important Zoom meeting today, for work purposes. I was given the chance to ask a question of the presenters and when it came to my turn to speak, they could not hear me. I was extremely embarrassed and located the chat box fortunately, so I could type to the presenters. I looked at the settings afterwards and it seemed my mic settings were fine. I have a headset, which was plugged in, however it does not contain a mic. It seemed the mic was set to my HP microphone. So I'm at a loss there, too.

I am an instructor for the blind and visually impaired and am seeking work in Ireland. I need to be able to communicate on Zoom for work interviews and cannot have my mic settings changing constantly every time I restart the computer. I am a pretty patient person, however I've lots going on in my personal life at the moment as well and am finding it difficult to deal with this on top of everything else. Any help you can provide would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you so very much for reading. I hope all of you are staying healthy and as happy as possible,

Natalia

:)

Natalia728, Dec 9, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Assistance with mic issues, please.

Mic issue with Realtek

Hi,

I would suggest you to first check if the MIC is set as the default device. Right click on the volume bar in the notification area and then click on 'recording' devices. In the recording tab, right click in the MIC and click 'Set as Default' and then check. If
    the issue still persists, I would suggest run the Audio troubleshooter and check. Press Windows key +X and then click on 'Control panel'. Click on 'Troubleshooting' and then click on the 'Audio troubleshooter' Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Assistance with mic issues, please.

1. Assistance with mic issues, please. - Similar Threads - Assistance mic issues

2. Please assist me with my issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please assist me with my issue: My MS Store never opens in my Windows 10 PC. It is issue a long time ago but I never have time to face it. Now, I can do some troubleshooting steps but I dont know where to start. I run the windows store troubleshooter but nothing help. My MS Store never open and I have...
  3. Please assist me with my issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please assist me with my issue: My MS Store never opens in my Windows 10 PC. It is issue a long time ago but I never have time to face it. Now, I can do some troubleshooting steps but I dont know where to start. I run the windows store troubleshooter but nothing help. My MS Store never open and I have...
  4. Please assist me with my issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Assistance please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance please.: I have a Code 28 on an unknown device. Restarting doesn’t fix it and I can’t update it. I’ve tried uninstalling it and restarting but that don’t work. Can only connect to certain sites. The device don’t know if the device is causing the error. But yeah I have a device with a...
  6. Assistance please.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Assistance please.: I have a Code 28 on an unknown device. Restarting doesn’t fix it and I can’t update it. I’ve tried uninstalling it and restarting but that don’t work. Can only connect to certain sites. The device don’t know if the device is causing the error. But yeah I have a device with a...
  7. PLEASE HELP mic issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLEASE HELP mic issue: https://youtu.be/edsHiAXUx7Q https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-mic-issue/8d1f6822-4d56-4099-b4a9-c1bdee1e924b
  8. mic issues please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mic issues please help: So i have tried turning up the microphone sensitivity to 100, i use the adapter thing that you plug into the headphones aux cord to make sure my mic works correctly with the pc and ive bought several different headsets and ear buds to try to get the mic to work but no matter...
  9. BSOD issues, please assist.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issues, please assist.: Been getting one or two BSOD a day for a few weeks now, not sure of the cause. I have tried to analyze the bump files myself using "bluescreenview", but that gives several different causes for the BSOD, tho most seem related to drivers or the system kernel. Things i have...
  10. Assistance please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assistance please: Ever since i updated my HP 255 G6 Window 10,I have been experiencing black or coloured screen with a spinning dot and sometimes "Your system has an error and we are Restarting for u,search online for error Video_tdr_failure" Please what can i do to get rid of this?...