Windows 10: Assistance with new computer

Discus and support Assistance with new computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We bought a new computer and we thought had set up an account with Microsoft. We followed all the steps and now can't access the computer at all, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrendaRYF, Dec 14, 2018.

1. BrendaRYF Win User

Assistance with new computer

We bought a new computer and we thought had set up an account with Microsoft. We followed all the steps and now can't access the computer at all, it doesn't recognize the password. When I try to get help it says we don't have an account, now I have used up all my tries and am locked out. How do you talk to a real person?? I need help now not tomorrow!!!!

:)

BrendaRYF, Dec 14, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Assistance with new computer

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Assistance with new computer

1. Assistance with new computer - Similar Threads - Assistance computer

2. How we block ''Quick Assist'' application on our domain computers of our company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How we block ''Quick Assist'' application on our domain computers of our company: We want to out users from threads can be come from different organizations. For this reason we want to block using ''Quick Assist'' application on our domain computers. We tried some ways that we found in internet but they did not solve our problem...
  3. How we block ''Quick Assist'' application on our domain computers of our company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How we block ''Quick Assist'' application on our domain computers of our company: We want to out users from threads can be come from different organizations. For this reason we want to block using ''Quick Assist'' application on our domain computers. We tried some ways that we found in internet but they did not solve our problem...
  4. How we block ''Quick Assist'' application on our domain computers of our company

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance with a pressing issue I am experiencing with my Windows-based computer. Here is a detailed description of the problem:Recently, while using the "Analyze and Optimize" tool...
  6. Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance with a pressing issue I am experiencing with my Windows-based computer. Here is a detailed description of the problem:Recently, while using the "Analyze and Optimize" tool...
  7. Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues

8. Does the Windows Update Assistant reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the Windows Update Assistant reset my computer?: My windows update has been broken for over a year now 0x800700c1. I have looked around on google and I haven't found something to fix it. I was wondering If I use this to update my win10 computer to the latest win10 version, will it reset my computer? I don't want to reset my...
  9. Does the Windows Update Assistant reset my computer?

Does the Windows Update Assistant reset my computer?: My windows update has been broken for over a year now 0x800700c1. I have looked around on google and I haven't found something to fix it. I was wondering If I use this to update my win10 computer to the latest win10 version, will it reset my computer? I don't want to reset my...
  10. Does the Windows Update Assistant reset my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade