Windows 10: Associate .1 as an image, so that it has an image preview thumbnail

Discus and support Associate .1 as an image, so that it has an image preview thumbnail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All. I use some software for business that requires a number as the file extension (e.g. "*.1") for the images it references. I'd like have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matthew Muir, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Associate .1 as an image, so that it has an image preview thumbnail

Hi All.

I use some software for business that requires a number as the file extension (e.g. "*.1") for the images it references. I'd like have Windows believe it is an image, so that it shows in File Explorer as a Image Thumbnail. One possible dilemma, is that the image can be any of a number of image types - but the most common are JPG, BMP & PNG.

Any hints/tips to have this occur? Happy to purchase a known commercial software package if required (e.g. ACDsee or Photoshop).

Thanks in advance!

MM

:)

Matthew Muir, Mar 16, 2019

2. Can't restore image preview

Hi da2592,

Since unchecking the option Always show icons, never thumbnails did not address the problem with your image preview, there's a possibility that the thumbnail cache database on your Windows 10, which is used to display a preview
    of a file or a folder, is corrupted.

To isolate this problem, I suggest that you look into the Performance Options and make sure to enable the
    Show thumbnail instead of icons option. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click on System and Security > System.
    3. Click the Advanced System Settings to open the Performance Options dialogue box.
    4. On the Visual Effects tab, check the box Show thumbnails instead of icons.
    5. Click OK to apply changes.

If this doesn't work, then you may need to recreate the thumbnail cache using Disk Cleanup. Here's how:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. On the left pane, click This PC.
    3. Right click the C: drive (or where Windows 10 is installed) and select
      Properties
    4. Click Disk Cleanup.
    5. Check the Thumbnails option only. Uncheck all the other options, then click
      OK.
    6. Click Delete Files to confirm.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Clavius Win User
    Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Chris Win User

Associate .1 as an image, so that it has an image preview thumbnail

Show thumbnails of zipped images

CBX Shell provides Windows Explorer thumbnail and infotip extensions for image archives. It enables thumbnail preview for ZIP, CBZ, CBR and RAR image archives. Windows Explorer will display a thumbnail image of the first photo in the archive instead of the generic archive icon.

• CBX Shell supports JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF and ICO.
    • works on Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Win7/ Win10 (32 / 64-bit).
    • ZIP64 archives are not supported.
    • Thumbnail may not be displayed if the archive is damaged.
    • Images larger than 32 MB are not displayed to avoid memory
      consumption.
    • Encrypted ZIP and RAR archives can not display thumbnail.

Download

Project on GitHub

Chris, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Associate .1 as an image, so that it has an image preview thumbnail

1. Associate .1 as an image, so that it has an image preview thumbnail - Similar Threads - Associate image has

2. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  3. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  4. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some

Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some: In this question, these people had issues with the thumbnails not working and I had similar issues Topic and I found a simple solution that worked for all of my images except for my gif which I just needed to make one small edit to fix change the color of 1 pixel in 1 frame...
  6. image preview

in Windows 10 Support
    image preview: i used to be able to hover my curser over a jpeg and it automatically gave me a preview of the picture. why does it no longer work? I now have to right click to get the preview. im using windows 10 home edition 155558
  7. Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-image/f58e2e4c-8d6c-475e-87a9-3f614c02dff5"
  8. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...
  9. image previewer

image previewer: where is the right click image viewer in 10? can it be turned on? (Wait, beware of scammers! Seriously? What happened to product support and quality? - Rhetorical, don't answer the questions in parentheses)...
  10. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.: All of a my preview for my images are gone... I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions. In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked. I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck....