Windows 10: Associate a Program

Discus and support Associate a Program in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Ashampoo Burning Studio. When I had this program in my Win 7 O/S, I would insert the blank disk and I would get a menu asking which program I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sensuari, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Sensuari Win User

Associate a Program

I have Ashampoo Burning Studio. When I had this program in my Win 7 O/S, I would insert the blank disk and I would get a menu asking which program I would like to use. when I installed Windows 10, I no longer get the menu. Instead I get a Message stating -

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings page."

When I type "Default Apps Settings Page" into my Win 10 Search, I get web related locations only. When I go to Settings - apps - Default Apps, there is no function to allow me to add Ashampoo Burning Studio to the list. When I go to Settings - Apps - Features, there is not way to associate the Ashampoo Burning Studio program to an action.

Any help is appreciated! :

Cheers,

Jon

:)

Sensuari, Apr 22, 2020

2. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Printing Hallmark cards I get this message: There is no email program associated to perform requested action"

Hi,

We appreciate you answering the questions, question are being asked to understand the issue better.

• Are you trying to print the Hallmark cards through any application like Outlook or word?
    • What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Is this the complete error message?

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set as default app.

• In the search box, type “settings”.
    • Click on “system” and on the left hand corner click on
      “default apps”.
    • Under “choose default apps” click on the “+” symbol and you can
      add the apps.

Step 2: I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press Windows key +R.

• Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.

• Click on Programs Tab and click
      Set Programs
      under Internet Programs.

• Click on Select Associate a File type or protocol with a program.
    Please post back with the results and the information asked, We will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Associate a Program

Change file association back to unknown program in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Create a new file with any extension and save it on any location.

2) Next Open Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the default programs icon.

3) Click/tap on the Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    link.

4) Either double click/tap on the file extension or protocol, or click/tap on the file extension or protocol and click/tap on the
    Change Program button of the one you want to change the "current default' program association of.

5) If the program you want to associate is not listed, then click/tap on the
    More Options
    link if available.

6) Click/tap on a listed program that you want to associate.

7) If you associated a program, then you will see this below as "Set Associations" updates and reloads.

8) Once it is done go back to the file which you have created and delete the file.

9) Go to default programs and refresh the set association programs. It should show as other unknown.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Associate a Program

1. Associate a Program - Similar Threads - Associate Program

2. Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...: I accidentally changed my default exe file opener to Adobe Acrobat, when I ran the .exe file it appeared select an app to open this .exe file. when I run regedit, cmd, notepad and taskmgr it shows application not found how do i solve it?...
  3. Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...: I accidentally changed my default exe file opener to Adobe Acrobat, when I ran the .exe file it appeared select an app to open this .exe file. when I run regedit, cmd, notepad and taskmgr it shows application not found how do i solve it?...
  4. Windows 11 Pro does not respect file association settings in desktop programs

Windows 11 Pro does not respect file association settings in desktop programs: Hello, A few days ago I reinstalled a fresh on a clean SSD copy of Windows 11 Pro on my desktop PC. Everything has worked flawlessly except for one very annoying thing. Windows 11 Pro doesn't seem to respect file association settings in third-party desktop programs at all....
  5. Windows 11 Pro does not respect file association settings in desktop programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro does not respect file association settings in desktop programs: Hello, A few days ago I reinstalled a fresh on a clean SSD copy of Windows 11 Pro on my desktop PC. Everything has worked flawlessly except for one very annoying thing. Windows 11 Pro doesn't seem to respect file association settings in third-party desktop programs at all....
  6. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send...: There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send my resume out in an email, and this is what I get. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-email-program-associated-to-perform/149b0b29-2be5-4203-9604-8f99e2e34b95
  7. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send...

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send...: There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send my resume out in an email, and this is what I get. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-email-program-associated-to-perform/149b0b29-2be5-4203-9604-8f99e2e34b95
  8. There is no email program associated to perform this requested action. Please install a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no email program associated to perform this requested action. Please install a...: I'm currently using windows 11 and this question has been occurring so what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-email-program-associated-to-perform/b9c6d0c6-2b0a-426b-89cf-a4eefa25a306
  9. There is no email program associated to perform this requested action. Please install a...

There is no email program associated to perform this requested action. Please install a...: I'm currently using windows 11 and this question has been occurring so what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-email-program-associated-to-perform/b9c6d0c6-2b0a-426b-89cf-a4eefa25a306
  10. Weird animation associated with alt-tabbing out of, or minimizing, full-screen programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird animation associated with alt-tabbing out of, or minimizing, full-screen programs: Hello,Basically the exact same issue as in an archived Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/q9xpvx/weird_windows_11_full_screen_slight_zoom_out_when/To keep things short, whenever a program is in true full-screen, exiting it in any way alt-tab, Win key,...