Windows 10: Associate different Microsoft accout to W10 Desktop

Discus and support Associate different Microsoft accout to W10 Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a work computer that I set up a while back with my personal email address. Everything's working good... but it uses my personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by guessrow, Mar 18, 2019.

1. guessrow Win User

Associate different Microsoft accout to W10 Desktop

Hello,

I have a work computer that I set up a while back with my personal email address. Everything's working good... but it uses my personal Onedrive and I would like to separate my personal and work stuff. I have created a new Microsoft account for work to keep things separate.

Now... Can I somehow re-associate my existing work computer with my personal account to the new work account I just made? Ideally I would just like to enter my work credentials on my work computer and have my old profile complete with outlook, software (with settings) and desktop icons, etc. Basically log into the exact same profile with my new account...

good luck -Jim

:)

guessrow, Mar 18, 2019

2. "this apps can't be open using Built-in administator accout . sign in with different account" message on trying to open Apps on Windows 10.

Original Title: not able to open windows 10 apps

i have recently updated to W10 and it was working fine for few days but now whenever i try to open a W10 apps it says "this apps can't be open using Built-in administator accout . sign in with different account" and i don't understand it ....

tseringtundup, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Suggestions For Light Gaming W10 Desktop

Out of the blue a family member casually asked me to find them a cheap desktop to replace their 6 y/o HP Enve M6 laptop with AMD A10-4600m. My response was to drive up to Microcenter and then install W10 and the purchased 850 EVO SSD into their laptop.

Don't expect the budget here will allow building anything from scratch. I have no parts to contribute to this build and would have to buy everything. I'm mostly looking for suggestions for pre-made options that could be found on the used market. If you have a better idea please feel free to expand upon it. Very open to ideas and have some time to make this happen now that the laptop is usable. Gaming is pretty far from my bailiwick and I've seen some stellar budget builds ideas here in the past. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rough idea of specs

• Intel i5 4590 or AMD equivalent
    • 8 GB RAM
    • HDMI on MB or through discrete GPU
    • Capable of playing a modern game at lower settings
    • Fairly cool and power efficient
    • Couple hundred dollars max
    • Stable

nomdeplume, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Associate different Microsoft accout to W10 Desktop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Associate different Microsoft accout to W10 Desktop

1. Associate different Microsoft accout to W10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Associate different Microsoft

2. Close my Microsoft accout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close my Microsoft accout: Close my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-my-microsoft-accout/a2d32ea1-758c-4d5d-945e-4951651f9729
  3. Close my Microsoft accout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close my Microsoft accout: Close my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-my-microsoft-accout/a2d32ea1-758c-4d5d-945e-4951651f9729
  4. Cannot sign in to Microsoft accout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft accout: This is all I see then screen goes away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-to-microsoft-accout/4142e72c-7021-4849-9004-e3ca4337168b
  5. Cannot sign in to Microsoft accout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft accout: This is all I see then screen goes away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-to-microsoft-accout/4142e72c-7021-4849-9004-e3ca4337168b
  6. Cannot sign in to Microsoft accout

7. email association with different apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email association with different apps: I can't share word, excel or videos using gmail account. either says Mapi error or "no email account associated with this" Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-association-with-different-apps/698e8eda-c32c-4b77-8b1d-80dc748adbaf
  8. Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout: Win 10 Pro 1803 Details regarding my desire to change as little as possible: Using this PC as server for two other win 10 PCs on home network. All very old, barely able to run win 10, activations from win7, were XP (server), XP and Vista. Activations for none appear...
  9. logging to windows with Microsoft accout

in Windows 10 Customization
    logging to windows with Microsoft accout: I use the Microsoft account to login to windows suddenly the explanation about the picture in login page change to chines, and when windows open the Microsoft tips page is in chines too , i tried to change my region to original but the problem is not solved .I also check the...
  10. W10 constantly changing file associations on two different computers.

W10 constantly changing file associations on two different computers.: Hey all, for some reason, on Windows 10 Pro, I'm always getting file association/open with popups when I open the same files I must have associated dozens of times before. Has anyone else had this problem? Like for instance, I open all of my JPG files with the classic photo...