Windows 10: Associate my apps with my work account

Discus and support Associate my apps with my work account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Store account - unfortunately it was originally associated with my personal account. I've added my work account and added apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RosemarieDiegnan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Associate my apps with my work account

I have a Microsoft Store account - unfortunately it was originally associated with my personal account. I've added my work account and added apps specifically to that work account. But when I try to sync these apps with my OneDrive for Business it says the account password is incorrect which I know is not true.

Is there a way to fix a very simply problem?

There is ZERO help for these issues and all Microsoft does is send me in circles. The hoops I had to jump through to post this question was ridiculous.

:)

RosemarieDiegnan, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 20, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 20, 2019
  4. DavidA23 Win User

Associate my apps with my work account

Links/associations not working

So, does no-one have suggestions or a solution to my problem?
    The problem occurs when I double-click on a folder or link: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel'.
    I can only open them by right-clicking on the item and select 'Open' which is third in the list. Above that is 'Search' and on the top is 'cmd' (where 'Open would normally appear).
    I've scoured the Net and tried several ways to cure this (including 'Default File Type Associations - Restore in Windows 10') but to no avail.
    Any suggestions most welcome.

DavidA23, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Associate my apps with my work account

1. Associate my apps with my work account - Similar Threads - Associate apps account

2. Is my Login PIN Associated with my Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is my Login PIN Associated with my Microsoft Account: Does being locked out of my new, Lenovo Thinkpad, because I don't remember my PIN, have anything to do with my Microsoft Account? It will have me put in A1B2C3 first because I have tried too many times. I need help....
  3. Is my Login PIN Associated with my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my Login PIN Associated with my Microsoft Account: Does being locked out of my new, Lenovo Thinkpad, because I don't remember my PIN, have anything to do with my Microsoft Account? It will have me put in A1B2C3 first because I have tried too many times. I need help....
  4. Is my Login PIN Associated with my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Remove all images associated with my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove all images associated with my account.: I have deleted my profile picture 10+ times. It still appears when I send an email. When I go through my account now I can’t even find the picture to delete as it says I don’t have one. When I send an email certain people still receive it with my profile picture from 10+...
  6. How do I remove my work account associated with my Microsoft account in Onedrive which is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my work account associated with my Microsoft account in Onedrive which is...: When I am selecting forget option for the work account, it shows Couldn't sign out of this account. Please try again later. Kindly suggest....
  7. How do I remove my work account associated with my Microsoft account in Onedrive which is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove my work account associated with my Microsoft account in Onedrive which is...: When I am selecting forget option for the work account, it shows Couldn't sign out of this account. Please try again later. Kindly suggest....
  8. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  9. I want to delete a Work Account that should not be associated with my email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to delete a Work Account that should not be associated with my email: I have had suspicious activity on my Microsoft account so logged in today to change my password. When I reached the login screen with my email address, it told me there is a Work account associated with my email address that was created by my IT department. I have none and...
  10. Minecraft code incorrectly associated to my work account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft code incorrectly associated to my work account: When I was redeeming my Minecraft code, although it selected my personal email address, it linked it to my work office 365 account. How does something like this even happen, more importantly how can this be corrected?...