Windows 10: Associate .opt file with Notepad on Windows version 1803

Discus and support Associate .opt file with Notepad on Windows version 1803 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I need to associate a file type of .opt with Notepad, but .opt doesn't show on the "Choose default apps by file type" screen. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stewie66, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Stewie66 Win User

Associate .opt file with Notepad on Windows version 1803

Hi,

I need to associate a file type of .opt with Notepad, but .opt doesn't show on the "Choose default apps by file type" screen.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

:)

Stewie66, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Setting File Associations - Another Step Backwards

What's left of it. Shrunk a bit over the years though (Display, Personalisation, help menu). What will be removed next?

1803 RTM (W10 Pro)

Associate .opt file with Notepad on Windows version 1803 [​IMG]

1507 RTM (W10 Pro)

Bree, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Berton Win User
    Setting File Associations - Another Step Backwards

Control Panel still works fine on latest Win10 Version 1803 RTM.

Berton, Oct 5, 2018
  4. RusTNel Win User

File associations in Windows 10 not working

The .scr files had the Description "AutoCAD script file" with the Current Default "Unknown application" in the file association list. This method might work, but I had already deleted the scr keys and then associated them with Notepad.

RusTNel, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Associate .opt file with Notepad on Windows version 1803 - Similar Threads - Associate opt file

2. No file associations after Windows version upgrades

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No file associations after Windows version upgrades: Hi, does anyone have an idea why I always lose my standard file associations when I update Windows 10 with a new feature update through Windows Update?? All the time I'm losing my already made program file type associations. Windows always wants to know what program I want to...
  3. Associate .dat files to NotePad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Associate .dat files to NotePad: I am trying to associate a .dat created by one of my software packages with Notepad so that the file that is created can be saved to my computer. When I go to the Associate App page in Settings and click on .dat it gives me a message that no app is downloaded to use for .dat...
  4. About File Associations Re: 1803

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About File Associations Re: 1803: So I have seen plenty of what appear to me to be somewhat complicated fixes that I do not quite understand most dealing with the registry https://p0w3rsh3ll.wordpress.com/201...-associations/ so I was wondering if there is anything new out there that is for dummies. Came...
  5. About File Associations Re: 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    About File Associations Re: 1803: So I have seen plenty of what appear to me to be somewhat complicated fixes that I do not quite understand most dealing with the registry https://p0w3rsh3ll.wordpress.com/201...-associations/ so I was wondering if there is anything new out there that is for dummies. Came...
  6. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set custom file associations is broken for some users on Windows 10 version 1803. The issue, first reported on November 5, 2018 by Chris Hoffman on How To Geek, prevents users and administrators from selecting custom...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1803 File Sharing

Windows 10 Version 1803 File Sharing: I am unable to see my desktop and laptop on my private network, therefore unable to share files between them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1803-file-sharing/9691aa9e-f85b-4ab3-bcb2-c93b9b66796d
  8. Associate .opt file with Notepad on Windows version 1803

Associate .opt file with Notepad on Windows version 1803: Hi, I need to associate a file type of .opt with Notepad, but .opt doesn't show on the "Choose default apps by file type" screen. Is there a way to do this? Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 1803 file association issue

Windows 10 1803 file association issue: Hi guys.. came across this issue on several brand new machines 2 x intel NUC 1 x microsoft surface pro 4 Booted up ran all the windows updates first.. so all fresh install joined domain installed filemaker tried to associate filemaker file (.FMP12) to filemaker...
  10. version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    version 1803: I haven't been offered to update to 1803 by windows but during the month of may many update failed beginning with 9 like 9nb.... or 9wd... dealing with xbox video and other non relevant issues for me. Do I miss something crucial when staying in 1709? thank you 110105