Windows 10: Assorted BOSD Errors When Gaming

Discus and support Assorted BOSD Errors When Gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, For about a month now, my PC has been experiencing BSOD whilst playing games (specifically Overwatch, but also Firewatch and Watch_Dogs 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeShort3, Jul 18, 2018.

1. JoeShort3 Win User

Assorted BOSD Errors When Gaming

Hi there,

For about a month now, my PC has been experiencing BSOD whilst playing games (specifically Overwatch, but also Firewatch and Watch_Dogs 2 among others). All of my drivers are up to date, and Windows 10's inbuilt Blue Screen troubleshooting tool could not find anything. I have also run memtest, chkdsk and sfc /scannow. Though memtest and chkdsk found nothing wrong with the system, sfc found that storport.sys was corrupted, but it could not repair it due to the source file in store also being corrupted.

The stop codes that I have received are:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Using WhoCrashed, I found this:

On Wed 7/11/2018 22:41:07 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: [COLOR=000000]hardware.sys[/COLOR] (hardware)
    Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802B3C85D3C, 0xFFFFE183B3896B58, 0xFFFFE183B38963A0)
    Error: [COLOR=000000]SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/COLOR]
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
    Google query: [COLOR=000000]hardware.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/COLOR]

and

[COLOR=000000]On Wed 7/18/2018 15:48:42 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071818-39640-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: [COLOR=000000]hardware.sys[/COLOR] (hardware)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803BDA95D3C, 0xFFFFA88AE9496B58, 0xFFFFA88AE94963A0)
    Error: [COLOR=000000]SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M[/COLOR]
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
    Google query: [COLOR=000000]hardware.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]On Wed 7/18/2018 15:48:42 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803BDA95D3C, 0xFFFFA88AE9496B58, 0xFFFFA88AE94963A0)
    Error: [COLOR=000000]SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/COLOR]
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
    Google query: [COLOR=000000]hardware.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/COLOR][/COLOR]

My PC's Specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K overclocked to up to 4.0GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR3 RAM

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H (rev. 1.0)

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970

PSU: Corsair CX100

:)

JoeShort3, Jul 18, 2018

2. 0xc000007b error of games

Hi Giuliano,

The error that you received usually appear when you're trying to run a 32-bit application or program on a 64-bit operating system. This may also appear when you're not running the application as administrator or there could be other software with virus infection
    or corrupted files that are causing this issue.

For us to isolate and address this problem, we would like to know the following:

• Were you able to open those games before?
    • If yes, were there any changes made or updates installed before you start receiving this error?
    • What were the changes made or updates installed?

Noting the troubleshooting steps that you've already tried, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling one of the games in which the error appears and see if you still encounter the same error after the reinstallation.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Error Code On Store

Hi Nixodus,

To download a game without this error, we suggest that you try resetting the Windows store with the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, WSReset.exe, then hit enter.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Assorted BOSD Errors When Gaming

Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Assorted BOSD Errors When Gaming

1. Assorted BOSD Errors When Gaming - Similar Threads - Assorted BOSD Errors

2. bosd error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bosd error: pls provide the solution i have pasted error code below of recent crashpls<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}"...
  3. bosd error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bosd error: pls provide the solution i have pasted error code below of recent crashpls<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}"...
  4. bosd error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BOSD on Roblox game

BOSD on Roblox game: Hi, I was having many crashes with BOSD on my daughter old computer while playing Roblox. I upgraded everything in the computer and the specs are now:AMD R5 2600, 16 GB DDR4, AMD Radeon RX 6600, PSU 750 Watt, Windows 11However, we are still having BOSD but much less...
  6. Random BOSD when i play games???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BOSD when i play games???: First had a BOSD happen when i would play Apex so i stopped playing it for a while to avoid it and now that Overwatch 2 is out I'm having the same problems on there it's happened like 10 times already I've already switched my ram sticks, did a memtest, updated the drivers,...
  7. Random BOSD when i play games???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BOSD when i play games???: First had a BOSD happen when i would play Apex so i stopped playing it for a while to avoid it and now that Overwatch 2 is out I'm having the same problems on there it's happened like 10 times already I've already switched my ram sticks, did a memtest, updated the drivers,...
  8. Random BOSD when i play games???

9. Game Crashes and BOSD

Game Crashes and BOSD: *Had to create new thread because I couldn't respond to old one*Link to original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-crashes/ee15f6aa-cee9-4856-8c6d-b382e3ca8e08My Files...
  10. BOSD when trying to play any games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BOSD when trying to play any games: I am at my wits end here. For the last 2-3 months Ive been getting BSODs whenever I try and play ANY games (PUBG, CS:GO, Fortnite... anything). Ive tried everything I could find or think of. All drivers were updated, BiOS was updated to latest version. Today I decided to do a...