Windows 10: Astro A10 microphone for Xbox One not working

Discus and support Astro A10 microphone for Xbox One not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few months ago, my headset microphone wasn't working on my computer, but I went into sound setting and made it so when I plug in the headset it asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColinLillegard, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Astro A10 microphone for Xbox One not working

A few months ago, my headset microphone wasn't working on my computer, but I went into sound setting and made it so when I plug in the headset it asks me what kind of headphones I plugged in, and it seemed to help.

But today I was talking to my friend through a party and it was working fine. I told him I had to restart and update my laptop and I did, but when this happened, my friend told me that my mic quality decreased. I muted the microphone but realized that it was picking up sound from the laptop microphone. I have been watching videos and going through the settings for almost 2-3 hours now, and haven't found a fix.

:)

ColinLillegard, Jan 29, 2019

2. My microphone on Astros has stopped working when i upgraded to win 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

I can understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the microphone on Astro A50.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website in the compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps on how to install in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps in resolving your issue. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards.

Jenith_James, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Astro A10's aren't recognized by device management properly

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Was this device working fine earlier?
    • Have you tried using this Mic on different computer?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Update and Security > click on troubleshoot > Click on
      Hardware and devices on the left pane > Run the troubleshooter.
    3. This should fix the issue automatically or it will show the error message.
    If this doesn’t fix the issue, go to Method 2 and Method 3.

Method 2:

2. Click on Privacy > click on Microphone on the left pane >
      Turn on the slider for Allow apps to access your microphone.
    3. Turn on the slider for all the apps which needs to access your Microphone.

Astro A10 microphone for Xbox One not working 0d4b0039-3b6b-428d-887b-fd7d6e60044d?upload=true.png

Method 3: Set Microphone as a Default Device

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound > click on sound
      on the right pane.
    4. Choose Recording tab and find the Microphone on the devices list.
    • If you can’t find it: Right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    5. Select the Microphone and click the button Set Default.

Astro A10 microphone for Xbox One not working 58fe6fef-9f02-4f63-a010-07ca52b4ede6?upload=true.jpg

Method 4:

2. Click on Update and security > click on Windows updates > Click on
      Check for updates on the left pane.
    3. Install the updates and restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Astro A10 microphone for Xbox One not working

Astro A40 headphone device is not working on Windows 10.

Hello Ethaniel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if the Astro A40 drivers are visible under
    Device manger?

You may be facing the above issue due to the missing, corrupted or incompatible device drivers installed on the computer. Presence of corrupted or incompatible device drivers will result in irregular performance of the device on the computer.

Check if the Astro A40 device drivers are visible under Device manager.
    Device manager installs and displays all the drivers required for the device to run on the computer.
    Device manager is the place to uninstall or update system device drivers.

Step 1: To check if the Astro A40 drivers are visible under
    Device manager, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update
      this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the Astro A40 drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Astro A10 microphone for Xbox One not working

1. Astro A10 microphone for Xbox One not working - Similar Threads - Astro A10 microphone

2. Astro A10's aren't recognized by device management properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Astro A10's aren't recognized by device management properly: i have a pair of astro a10 gaming headphones that being recognized by my lenovo legion y530. I have tried troubleshooting everything, and have looked at every related question on Microsoft even astro website but still nothing....
  3. Astro A10's aren't recognized by device management properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Astro A10's aren't recognized by device management properly: i have a pair of astro a10 gaming headphones that being recognized by my lenovo legion y530. I have tried troubleshooting everything, and have looked at every related question on Microsoft even astro website but still nothing....
  4. Astro A10 Mic not working on PC or Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Astro A10 Mic not working on PC or Xbox: [ATTACH]One of the most frustrating feelings is when you buy a piece of hardware and it fails to work. This is what has happened with Astro A10 users. According to some reports Astro A10 mic is not working on some computers and consoles. In this article, we are addressing...
  5. My Headset ASTRO Gaming A10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headset ASTRO Gaming A10: I have a Astro Gaming A10 Headset and it is connected to my Xbox controller, which is connected to my pc by USB. I am using the Xbox game bar to speak with someone using the headset. When the other person is talking, they sound like a high pitch chipmunk and I cannot...
  6. wired astro a10 headset mic not showing up at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wired astro a10 headset mic not showing up at all: my head set mic isnt showing up at all even though the headphone part still works. i cant use the mic cause when i go to set it as main mic it doesnt show up anywhere...
  7. Windows 10 and Xbox One Controller - Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and Xbox One Controller - Microphone not working: [ATTACH] Hi There, I am trying to connect my Xbox One controller to my PC. I have the wireless adapter (generation 1, see attached). Everything works good except when trying to use the 3.5 audio jack. I get perfect audio using my Beats earbuds, but the microphone is...
  8. Astro A10 headset microphone

Astro A10 headset microphone: my son's headset mic stopped working. He plugs it directly into the Xbox controller. Any suggestions? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/astro-a10-headset-microphone/39c5f1fb-3253-42ba-bcdd-f20494b0f09f
  9. Astro 10s not working

Astro 10s not working: When I plug in my Astro A10s into the headphone jack and use the mic, it uses my laptops mic instead. It also doesn't show up in the recording setting in the sound setting. Any way to fix this....
  10. Astro A10's aren't recognized by device management properly

Astro A10's aren't recognized by device management properly: I frequent apps that require a good mic for others to understand me, like World of Warships and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I haven't come across any fixes yet for this and I've tried updating my drivers, checking privacy settings and device detection but to no avail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. astro a10 mic not working xbox

2. astro a10 headset mic not working pc

3. astro a10 mic problems

4. astro a10 right side not working,
  5. astro a10 mic not working xbox one,
  6. astro a10 mic not working,
  7. astro not working as xbox mic,
  8. astro a10 troubleshoot,
  9. a10 microphone not working xbox,
  10. astro a10 xbox no mic,
  11. astro a10 not working xbox,