Windows 10: Astro A40 TR Not working when plugged directly into laptop.

Discus and support Astro A40 TR Not working when plugged directly into laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my Astro A40 TR headset, whenever I try to plug it into the 3.5mm headphone jack on my laptop, it does not detect the device,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christofka, May 7, 2021.

1. Astro A40 TR Not working when plugged directly into laptop.

Hi, I have a problem with my Astro A40 TR headset, whenever I try to plug it into the 3.5mm headphone jack on my laptop, it does not detect the device, but whenever I plug the headset in through the USB amp, it is detected and works as normal, I do not know whether this is a driver issue or an issue with my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Christofka, May 7, 2021

2. Astro A40 headphone device is not working on Windows 10.

Hello Ethaniel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if the Astro A40 drivers are visible under
    Device manger?

You may be facing the above issue due to the missing, corrupted or incompatible device drivers installed on the computer. Presence of corrupted or incompatible device drivers will result in irregular performance of the device on the computer.

Check if the Astro A40 device drivers are visible under Device manager.
    Device manager installs and displays all the drivers required for the device to run on the computer.
    Device manager is the place to uninstall or update system device drivers.

Step 1: To check if the Astro A40 drivers are visible under
    Device manager, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update
      this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the Astro A40 drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 7, 2021
  3. Astro A40 headphone device is not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows and astro a40 drivers

Windows showed me a alert saying something about the astro a40 drivers doing some thing wrong or something and like a idiot I clicked yes now my astros aren't working ion my ps at all not even being picked up or read I need helps someone please

ethanielsmith, May 7, 2021
  4. Astro A40 TR Not working when plugged directly into laptop.

Astro 10s not working

I regret the error here if I leave the solution to your problem this works equally for the A10s:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/astro-a40-...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Astro A40 TR Not working when plugged directly into laptop.

1. Astro A40 TR Not working when plugged directly into laptop. - Similar Threads - Astro A40 working

2. "TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen": I downloaded Restoro for free and I did a scan, it told me that i have a virus by the name of "TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen" the directory shown is the one of Windows Live Messenger, so basically MSN from around 2010 which i have downloaded through escargot.chat a website of a group of...
  3. Elgato Wave 3 mic & Connected Astro A40 headset no longer appear on input/output sources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elgato Wave 3 mic & Connected Astro A40 headset no longer appear on input/output sources: I've had this computer for over a year, the mic and headset for longer. Recently reverted back to Windows 10 for stability while gaming then, received audio issues and immediately reverted back to 11. Upon reverting back, I noticed I couldn't select my headset as an output...
  4. Elgato Wave 3 mic & Connected Astro A40 headset no longer appear on input/output sources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elgato Wave 3 mic & Connected Astro A40 headset no longer appear on input/output sources: I've had this computer for over a year, the mic and headset for longer. Recently reverted back to Windows 10 for stability while gaming then, received audio issues and immediately reverted back to 11. Upon reverting back, I noticed I couldn't select my headset as an output...
  5. BSOD when Laptop Plugged In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Laptop Plugged In: I started getting BSOD with the error related to the driver iastorvd.sys attempting to write onto a read only area of RAMAttempted to replace the drive manually, attempted all the fixes using Intel Rapid Storage software updates, rolling back computer Updated to Windows 11...
  6. Laptop lags when plugged in but works when when unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lags when plugged in but works when when unplugged: I recently resetted my windows 10 laptop after it crashed in windows update. So after I reinstalled windows and all it basicaclly became like a new device. However, it is lagging. Now more so when I plug in my charger. Works okayish sometimes works smooth sometimes just goes...
  7. Laptop sleep no longer works when plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop sleep no longer works when plugged in: So a couple of days back my laptop suddenly stopped sleeping properly after pressing sleep as it only dims the screen but everything in the background is still running. I managed to find a workaround which is setting my laptop to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but even...
  8. Internet stops working when plugging in laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when plugging in laptop: When I want to do use the internet and charge my laptop, the internet connection stops working. The wifi connection is working though. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 530 and has been working fine for 2 years since I got it. When it is not plugged in, the internet works normally...
  9. Astro 10s not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Astro 10s not working: When I plug in my Astro A10s into the headphone jack and use the mic, it uses my laptops mic instead. It also doesn't show up in the recording setting in the sound setting. Any way to fix this....
  10. External Mouse works on Laptop but not when plugged into Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Mouse works on Laptop but not when plugged into Desktop: I have 2 machines, a laptop and a desktop, both running W10. I have a Logitech WiFi mouse I wish to use on the Desktop. This mouse works when plugged into my laptop but when I plug into the Desktop, it will not work. I have looked for possible settings I might change to make...