Windows 10: ASUS B350-Plus wont boot windows off of a Samsung 970 Evo

Discus and support ASUS B350-Plus wont boot windows off of a Samsung 970 Evo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have gotten windows 10 onto my 970 Evo, but my computer will not boot into windows. When I override boot onto the 970 Evo the screen goes black, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewHelgren, Dec 26, 2018.

1. ASUS B350-Plus wont boot windows off of a Samsung 970 Evo

I have gotten windows 10 onto my 970 Evo, but my computer will not boot into windows. When I override boot onto the 970 Evo the screen goes black, then there is a small white line in the corner for a few seconds, then it takes me straight back to BIOS. PLEASE HELP!

:)

AndrewHelgren, Dec 26, 2018

2. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

Hi,

I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install
    it popups a message saying:

"Windows cannot be installed on this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

I have tried every possible combination on the BIOS/UEFI but every time i get the same error. I have left only the SSD and remove every other SATA connection with no luck. The installation is made from USB which is made with Rufus.
    Is it any configuration that i am missing?
    Every suggestion would be very helpful.

JustinVang1, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

Hi,

I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install it popups
    a message saying:

"Windows cannot be installed on this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

I have tried every possible combination on the BIOS/UEFI but every time i get the same error. I have left only the SSD and remove every other SATA connection with no luck. The installation is made from USB which is made with Rufus.

On the other hand with the same configuration on motherboard i can install Ubuntu with no problem which means that motherboard and M.2 are OK. Is it any configuration that i am missing?

Every suggestion would be very helpful.

PeterPeter_875, Dec 26, 2018
  4. ASUS B350-Plus wont boot windows off of a Samsung 970 Evo

gigabyte Z370 HD3 + Samsung EVO 970 won't install Windows 10

Newly assembled system:

• Gigabyte Z370 HD3 V1.0 motherboard
    • Intel i7-8700 CPU
    • 2x DDR4-3200 16GB RAM (F4-3200C16D-32GVK)
    • Samsung EVO 970 500 GB M.2 SSD (MZ-V6E500)
    • Thermaltake TR2 S 500 W PSU (TRS-0500P-2)
    • Deepcool Tesseract case (seems doesn't matter)

All components come new, unpacked.

Windows 10 Pro installation failed at the step "Getting files ready for installation." when about 70-80% complete.

I used both the original Windows 10 Pro DVD and a USB stick prepared by a Microsoft tool; the result is the same.

I tried to use the pre-installation SATA driver from the Gigabyte website.
    Once I installed this driver at the step "Where do you want to install Windows", my M2 drive had disappeared from the list.

The same situation repeated with another set of components.

By the way, when I try the same set of components but with an ASUS Z370-P motherboard, there is no problem with Windows 10 installation.

I still need to assemble some systems with Gigabyte motherboards.

Update: It was easy to install Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. Same conditions: Gigabyte motherboard, but SATA SSD instead of M2 SSD.

Any suggestion what to do in order to install Window properly?

Konstantin, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

ASUS B350-Plus wont boot windows off of a Samsung 970 Evo

1. ASUS B350-Plus wont boot windows off of a Samsung 970 Evo - Similar Threads - ASUS B350 Plus

2. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO: Hello, I have a Samsung 970 EVO disk and I am installing windows 10 but when installing it asks me for some drivers, I only find them as an .exe file but when loading them on the installation screen I do not see them inside the usb, I have to load another type archive? if so,...
  3. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.: I have a HP Pavilion X360 convertible 15"The laptop came with a 1TB 5400 rpm hdd and a 16GB Optane module. I disabled the optane, removed it, and installed the 970 Evo plus. I did a clean install of Win 10 to the ssd.The laptop boots to windows and everything runs well, but I...
  4. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.: I have a HP Pavilion X360 convertible 15"The laptop came with a 1TB 5400 rpm hdd and a 16GB Optane module. I disabled the optane, removed it, and installed the 970 Evo plus. I did a clean install of Win 10 to the ssd.The laptop boots to windows and everything runs well, but I...
  5. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Samsung 970 Evo plus

Samsung 970 Evo plus: I get a NVMe M.2 970 evo plus but it doesnt recognized by the Laptop dell 17 7778. I update all and nothing happebed. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-970-evo-plus/2c09339e-e232-4f0f-95ce-ba1497444441
  7. Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS: I would like to clone my boot drive(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250) to a new Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 1TB Hard drive. The SSD 850 is in Legacy in the BIOS under Storage boot option control. I want the new M.2 drive to be the new Boot drive. My understanding is that I must...
  8. Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS

Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS: I have recently got an new m.2 SSD and wanted to install it to my motherboard. After doing so I encountered and error stating "Boot from proper device". My HDD has my OS on it and changed the order of boot in the bios but still ran into the issue stated. tried many things...
  9. Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?

Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?: Hello, I'd like to update my Evo plus one and I don't know how. I have already downloaded the correct ISO file. I have also put this file on an usb-stick and let it boot, but Windows 10 starts up normally. I have a MSI B-450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC I hope you can help me....
  10. Samsung Evo 970 BSoD

Samsung Evo 970 BSoD: I have recently purchased a Samsung Evo 970. I decided to put a fresh install of windows 10 onto it, everything worked fine. I then proceeded to the windows update centre to install the newest updates. When it got around to downloading the Windows April 2018 update that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. b350 plus boot option nvme

2. samsung 970 boot asus tuf z370