Windows 10: Asus Battery Chargining issue

Discus and support Asus Battery Chargining issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an ASUS UX330U laptop. Somehow I inadvertently set power charging to 60%. Now my laptop cares to 54% to 59% which is not high enough to last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Donald N.Paul, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Asus Battery Chargining issue

I have an ASUS UX330U laptop. Somehow I inadvertently set power charging to 60%. Now my laptop cares to 54% to 59% which is not high enough to last for a day on the road. I installed the ASUS Battery Health Charging App based on advice from this community advice area. It loaded with three choices (1) Full Capacity Mode (2) Balance Mode and (3) Maximum Lifespan Mode. It loaded with (1) Full Capacity Mode but all the choices are grayed out, can not be changed, and in fact the computer still charges up to the high 50% level and then stalls. I presume that the "grayed out" means that it in fact is not working. What can I do now to get my laptop to full charge in those days when I need it to run all day.

Sign me "tired of carrying a long extension cord"

:)

Donald N.Paul, Nov 18, 2019

2. ASUS G73J Battery issue

I tried all the steps that you and someone else suggested with no luck. I tried a new battery today and it works just fine so I don't know why the other battery was stuck at 72% charge when really it must have been bad. thank you for your suggestions

DustinDose, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Nov 18, 2019
  4. rl3james Win User

Asus Battery Chargining issue

ASUS Battery Issue Since I Upgraded to Windows 10

UPDATE -

Replaced battery and AC/charge adapter. Now, after a few discharge/recharge cycles, the ASUS Q400A front panel light blinks Orange-Green regardless of AC connection or battery charge level. Light blink can be returned back to correct status by removing
    battery, restart, shutdown, install battery, restart but blinking will reoccur at some point. Windows 10 battery management software reporting seems to work as expected but some of the "xx Hours Remaining" estimates are high and can change significantly at
    times during a battery use session.

Clearly there is something is going on that doesn't seem right. Windows 10 issues?

Spoke too soon above about battery management status working - Just noticed that Windows 10 is reporting stuck at "98%"... If AC connecting also indicates "Not Chargin" and if on battery "10 hours remaining"

rl3james, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Asus Battery Chargining issue

1. Asus Battery Chargining issue - Similar Threads - Asus Battery Chargining

2. ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue: I have an ASUS GL702VM laptop. I have had several issues all the time. Not able to restart, when it restarts, there is a black screen problem. The battery is not detected, or showing 255%. I thought the battery was the problem, I bought a new one, replaced it, reinstall...
  3. ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue: I have an ASUS GL702VM laptop. I have had several issues all the time. Not able to restart, when it restarts, there is a black screen problem. The battery is not detected, or showing 255%. I thought the battery was the problem, I bought a new one, replaced it, reinstall...
  4. ASUS GL702VM, battery is not detected, or showing 255% issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ASUS Battery Health Overriden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Battery Health Overriden?: I have myAsus set to maximum lifespan mode but with the new settings in Windows 11 it seems to be overriding myAsus setting.How do I make sure that the settings align? I would like to have it charge to 80% instead of 100%...
  6. 0% battery Asus S4100V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0% battery Asus S4100V: Here's the youtube video I uploaded, hope it helped a bit, in which a I tried one solution in this community that didn't work and shut my laptop down.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcbiAHHIsu4When I reenable the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery", my laptop...
  7. 0% battery Asus S4100V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0% battery Asus S4100V: Here's the youtube video I uploaded, hope it helped a bit, in which a I tried one solution in this community that didn't work and shut my laptop down.When I reenable the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery", my laptop just immediately shut down as shown in the...
  8. 0% battery Asus S4100V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0% battery Asus S4100V: Here's the youtube video I uploaded, hope it helped a bit, in which a I tried one solution in this community that didn't work and shut my laptop down.When I reenable the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery", my laptop just immediately shut down as shown in the...
  9. Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue: Hi guys. I just bought Asus Zenbook and a few days ago I took the cable out and it stopped working. The laptop works only when it is plugged in.In Device Manager in batteries I saw only Microsoft ACPI, so I don't see Microsoft AC Adapter.Any advise on how to fix it? Thank...
  10. Asus windows 10 battery issue laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus windows 10 battery issue laptop.: Sometimes and only sometimes as soon as i open a Roblox game. Ill get your Battery is running low. Plug it in and its fine. Sometimes it doesn't pop up at all. Well tonight opened a roblox gane for a few seconds. And got your battery is low. Then it shut off. I then plugged...