Windows 10: ASUS Blu-ray burner slim portable 6X... Windows 10... doesn`t recognize it?

Discus and support ASUS Blu-ray burner slim portable 6X... Windows 10... doesn`t recognize it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Very annoying I have barely used it... it has been in a plastic bag for two years. When I bought the Blu-ray recorder it worked... now after two years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mikael Leidstedt Sweden, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ASUS Blu-ray burner slim portable 6X... Windows 10... doesn`t recognize it?

Very annoying

I have barely used it... it has been in a plastic bag for two years. When I bought the Blu-ray recorder it worked... now after two years when I connected it to the computer it buzzed 10 seconds then everything gets quiet and nothing appears on the computer screen... even though it was connected. I got many suggestions for cures... but it was much easier than any of the enthusiastic suggestions I received.

Blu-ray burner slim portable 6X... to the look, it looks exactly like this one... ASUS SBC-06D2X-U... but my Blu-ray burner is older.

The cure:
    In computer settings... Control Panel... Systems and Security... Management Tools... Computer Management... System Tools... Device Manager. There you get a long list of computer components... one of them with the symbol of a USB connector... and the text... "Initio default controller". Right-click on "Initio default controller"... and select... disable device ... select yes despite warnings... then right-click again and select... uninstall device ... select yes despite warnings. Close all windows until you return to the Desktop. Now unplug the Blu-ray recorder's USB cable from the computer... wait a few seconds... reconnect the USB cable to the computer.

Now the Blu-ray burner automatically gets the right drivers... now the Blu-ray burner works normally and its device symbol is now visible in the file manager. Not that difficult, but it saves a lot of dollars ASUS Blu-ray burner slim portable 6X... Windows 10... doesn`t recognize it? :)

Best regards

Mikael

:)

Mikael Leidstedt Sweden, Aug 10, 2019
  2. 1udl Win User

Blu-ray burners in windows 10 home 64-bit

I just 'upgraded' to windows 10, and one of my two Blu-ray burners has disappeared from my hardware list, and it was working perfectly in windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

I have confirmed that the second drive is there in my cmos, and neither the windows device manager nor the disk management see it.

I have five media devices: 1x 500GB SSD, 2x 500GB HD, and 2x Blu-ray burners.

Can anyone tell me if we are limited to only one burner?

3. Win 10 does not recognize External Blu-Ray DVD burner

So Since updating to Win 10 from 8.1 months ago on my ASUS N550-JV my internal DVD works fine and of course I had to buy software since MS discontinued playing video on standard Win 10.

But, I just purchased an external Blu-Ray DVD burner and Win 10 does not recognize it at all.

I've tried it plugged directly into my laptop's USB port and I've tried it using my powered USB Hub. Troubleshooting Hardware doesn't bring up anything issues.

Any suggestions?

Original Title: Win 10 Driver for Samsung SE-506CBexternal

cmcdonald64, Aug 10, 2019
  4. solara54 Win User

ASUS Blu-ray burner slim portable 6X... Windows 10... doesn`t recognize it?

Blu Ray Fix on Windows 10

Is there a fix to use a blu ray writer on Windows 10? Do I have go back to Windows 7 to have my Samsung blu ray writer to be recognized? I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks

solara54, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

ASUS Blu-ray burner slim portable 6X... Windows 10... doesn`t recognize it?

1. ASUS Blu-ray burner slim portable 6X... Windows 10... doesn`t recognize it? - Similar Threads - ASUS Blu ray

2. I have a litle trouble, my nootbook lenovo ideapad3 no recognise Slim Portable Blu-ray/DVD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a litle trouble, my nootbook lenovo ideapad3 no recognise Slim Portable Blu-ray/DVD...: In my note book only have c:: and d: but the dvd drive does not appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-litle-trouble-my-nootbook-lenovo-ideapad3/75dfc395-4a46-47fb-88f3-31a7ea058faf
  3. Windows 10 hasn't recognized by external Blu Ray Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 hasn't recognized by external Blu Ray Player: I have been trying to connect by 2 USB Connection my external Blu Ray, DVD and CD player/burner. However Windows 10 Home 64 bit is not showing in under my PC screen. As if it does not recognize it. What can I do to correct this?...
  4. Best Blu-Ray Burner and Reader

Best Blu-Ray Burner and Reader: Hello, Friends, Can anyone help me with any info on these blu-ray burners/readers. It seems that these are the top 3 latest blu-ray burners on the market. Pioneer BDR-212UBK Asus BW-16D1HT LG WH16NS60 None of them makes reading UHD 4k blu-rays easy, according to...
  5. Pioneer Blu Ray Player/Burner not Recognized

Pioneer Blu Ray Player/Burner not Recognized: After installing the latest Windows 10 update my Pioneer Blu Ray Player/Burner is not recognized how do I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pioneer-blu-ray-playerburner-not-recognized/364fc2ef-35e4-498a-9aa6-a11ce2d1f0ed
  6. lg blu ray burner wont see 100gb media

lg blu ray burner wont see 100gb media: lg blu ray burner wont see 100gb media. It worked fine for years on 25 gb blu ray discs. Simply want to burn fata files. Nothing fancy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-blu-ray-burner-wont-see-100gb-media/30207b31-52fb-43ea-90aa-09033308a229
  7. Windows 10 doesn t recognize ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 doesn t recognize ethernet cable: I've recently upgraded from win7 to win10, and it says cable is unplugged or broken now, but it was working perfectly fine right before the update. Tried resetting the network settings, and updating the driver automatically with windows by using USB tethering to the last...
  8. I have an Asus bw-12b1st. Not recognizing blu-ray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an Asus bw-12b1st. Not recognizing blu-ray: It recognizes and plays dvds, cds but will not recognize a blu-ray. It asks to insert disc when clicking on drive. I have checked and there is no updated drivers yet, asus doesn't have a driver for windows 10. Is this the problem? Drive was purchased when windows 7 was...
  9. LG UH12LS29 DVD burner Blu-ray reader not working in windows 10

LG UH12LS29 DVD burner Blu-ray reader not working in windows 10: My drive stopped working although it is recognized in bios and Device Manager. I've tried all the regedit tricks (upper filters, etc.). Previously the EnumDevice1 trick in regedit worked, but a week later the drive stopped working again. I've uninstalled the device,...
  10. LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.

LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.: We moved and I've finally got my network up only to find my desktop's Blueray burner won't. I suppose that in the move the cable(s) might have slipped loose? But to troubleshoot I'm thinking I should delete the driver and reload it to get the latest Win10 version? Anybody got...