Windows 10: Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing everything except off butt

Discus and support Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing everything except off butt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer has been doing this since Thursday. I had to post this with my phone because even when I tried to post on my computer it froze. It's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mia10, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Mia10 Win User

Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing everything except off butt

My computer has been doing this since Thursday. I had to post this with my phone because even when I tried to post on my computer it froze. It's been hard to manage as it comes unexpectedly and the only method to reset it is to turn off my computer. This is the model I think, I got it refurbished but this never happened the months I've had it. ( https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15...B&gclsrc=aw.ds)

No other button except the off button works when this happens. Here's a video for what happens https://youtu.be/F91JPvwgdcc

What should I do? Thank you

:)

Mia10, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Pavan1709 Win User
    Computer Freezes os ASUS logo

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

This issue may occur if one or more of the Random Access Memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer is damaged or if the RAM
    configuration is incompatible.

I suggest you to follow the steps suggested in this Kb article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2622803

If issue persist i suggest you to contact ASUS support link

https://support.asus.com

See if this helps

Thanks

Pavan1709, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing everything except off butt

Asus touchpad is reversed

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the following steps before you un-install the drivers from device manager. Now, un-install the drivers from Device Manager, install the latest drivers from the ASUS website.

• Press Windows + Pause Break to open System Properties
    • Click Advance system settings.
    • Select Hardware Tab, Select "Device installation settings"
    • Select No, let me chose what to do.
    • Select Never install Driver software from Windows Update
    • Click Apply and OK.

Now, go to device manager un-install the driver and install the latest one from ASUS website.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing everything except off butt

1. Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing everything except off butt - Similar Threads - Asus computer consistently

2. Laptop Freezes Consistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes Consistently: Hello, recently my laptop has been going through a strange phase where it consistently freezes after several minutes of use. And has worsen to freezes seconds after it booted up.Laptop: IntelR CoreTM I7-9570H, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10It starts with a brief 5-second freeze,...
  3. Laptop Freezes Consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Freezes Consistently: Hello, recently my laptop has been going through a strange phase where it consistently freezes after several minutes of use. And has worsen to freezes seconds after it booted up.Laptop: IntelR CoreTM I7-9570H, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10It starts with a brief 5-second freeze,...
  4. Laptop Freezes Consistently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  6. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  7. butt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    butt: bRuH whenevr i tri downlooding exploitz 4 robloxx it juts says FALYUR COUDNT DOWNLOOD RESUN: COUDNT DOWNLOOD and teh pc think it virus but teh exploit isnt virus cuz i was told by teh creater of teh exploit and he rite it no virus butt teh pc think it virus wen it noit virus...
  8. Consistent Freezes with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent Freezes with no BSOD: I'm at the end of my rope, I've been fighting this bug through multiple installations of Windows, and it has stuck with me every single step of the way. The most consistent way that this bug gets triggered is when I'm playing games. I've updated all my drivers to the latest...
  9. Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing screen and keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing screen and keyboard: My computer has been doing this since Thursday. It's been hard to manage as it comes unexpectedly and the only method to reset it is to turn off my computer. This is the model I think, I got it refurbished but this never happened in the beginning. (...
  10. Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer: While trying to connect a new pc to our network I somehow no longer see "Computer" in "Network" on my computer's Explorer. Oddly, the new computer Network is showing everything but on my PC "Media Devices" "Multifunction Devices", etc all are there but no Computer" (see...