Windows 10: ASUS Computers with Windows 10 running sometimes will think it's new

Discus and support ASUS Computers with Windows 10 running sometimes will think it's new in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After many years of being installed and with Windows 10 running, sometimes when booting up i get the ASUS start screen, wanting me to post all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by digitalcurisity, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ASUS Computers with Windows 10 running sometimes will think it's new

After many years of being installed and with Windows 10 running, sometimes when booting up i get the ASUS start screen, wanting me to post all information and log on to my Wifi.

I am already logged on to my Wifi and have been for years, i found it on both my ASUS Computers i have two older G73s, could it be an item with a signal from my Wifi?

I found by holding down the shift key during start up it will then boot direct to Windows 10.

These are old ASUS Computers and many times have problems with a reboot needed, but they always keep working.

Any thoughts about my problem?

:)

digitalcurisity, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Compatibility with Windows 10

The Asus support page lists Win 10 X64. Other than Realtek audio drivers, none are offered. That suggests that most of the necessary drivers are included in the Windows installation or through Windows Update.

I think it should work just fine.

bobkn, Jan 4, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

ASUS Computers with Windows 10 running sometimes will think it's new

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond ASUS Computers with Windows 10 running sometimes will think it's new :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

ASUS Computers with Windows 10 running sometimes will think it's new

1. ASUS Computers with Windows 10 running sometimes will think it's new - Similar Threads - ASUS Computers running

2. Windows thinks something is running on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows thinks something is running on fullscreen: My problem is when I close/minimise everything to get to desktop, focus assist sets itself to "alarms only". I've set to do this only when something runs on fullscreen mode. I've closed all background applications which I thought were running themselves on fullscreen mode,...
  3. Windows thinks something is running on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows thinks something is running on fullscreen: My problem is when I close/minimise everything to get to desktop, focus assist sets itself to "alarms only". I've set to do this only when something runs on fullscreen mode. I've closed all background applications which I thought were running themselves on fullscreen mode,...
  4. New Asus laptop speakers sometime starts cracklings sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Asus laptop speakers sometime starts cracklings sound: I have bought a new Asus Laptop. Whenever I listen songs on it, it works well. But after sometime, when I pause songs for sometime and play it again after 2-3 minutes, it starts crackling sound. But when I disable and re-enable the speakers within control panel, the issue...
  5. ASK!!!! Window 10 sometimes think SHIFT is pressed ( not a keyboard issue)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ASK!!!! Window 10 sometimes think SHIFT is pressed ( not a keyboard issue): After update window 10 to the newest version, the OS sometimes think that my shift key is pressed. I had to restart to get rid of it but still it came back every moment or so. submitted by /u/L09icCa7 [link] [comments]...
  6. files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender: I think it is Windows Defender that removes files from my computer on its own without any notification. I ‘ve been having this problem for a while and my files sometimes disappears. Can I stop it?...
  7. Installing print drivers on a new computer running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing print drivers on a new computer running Windows 10: I have a virtually new Ricoh Aficio SP C220s printer, I have a new computer running Windows 10. Unfortunately I no longer have the driver CD. I have found the driver files on the internet but they don't seem to be self-extracting files, and I can't figure out how to get the...
  8. Slow running windows on a new computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow running windows on a new computer?: Yeah, I am just really frustrated... I broke my laptop and they gave me a new one at best buy. I get home open it up and set it up and oh wow that lag is horrific. This is a 2018 model with 16GB of ram and something is not right. Windows 10 is fully updated to the lastest...
  9. New Asus running slow

New Asus running slow: I have just bought an ASUS (I had a Macbook before this). Processor: i7 2.8GHz RAM 16GB Windows 10 However, it's too slow when it starts, opens an app, or run some software. It's supposed to be a fast PC to run intensive analyses. What's going on? How do I improve its...
  10. New ASUS tower Gaming Computer

New ASUS tower Gaming Computer: It arrived today ! Whoopie! But I couldn't get more than a minute to sign in before it froze. If it didn't cost so much, it would serve well as a target. Any way I'm stuck in the blue screen... if the keyboard, mouse and all freeze before one gets to windows, how do I get...