Windows 10: ASUS DVD Re-Writer (DRW-24F1ST) - Driver Required

Discus and support ASUS DVD Re-Writer (DRW-24F1ST) - Driver Required in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First of all, I'm not sure this is the right section of the forum to post this question. If it isn't can a Mod please move it to the more appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArthurDent, Jul 1, 2020.

1. ASUS DVD Re-Writer (DRW-24F1ST) - Driver Required

First of all, I'm not sure this is the right section of the forum to post this question.

If it isn't can a Mod please move it to the more appropriate section - thanks.

Okay - to the question.

I have just installed Win 10 Pro on an SSD with a separate (& large) data disk.

I have installed various old programs that I used to have in the previous Win 7 installation by downloading the appropriate (and newer) version for Windows 10.

I have used CDBurnerXP for burning .iso images to disk in the past. However, when I downloaded the latest version of Linux Mint (20 "Ulyana") and tried to burn that to disk, CDBurnerXP reports "No compatible drives".

ASUS DVD Re-Writer (DRW-24F1ST) - Driver Required [​IMG]

PC has a DVD Re-writer - an ASUS DRW-24F1ST:

... and when I check that the best (& latest) driver is installed, Windows tells me it is:

However, the ASUS website only lists a utility for this drive - called E-Green, which when run only appears to be some sort of energy management program - it doesn't install and drivers.

There appear to be drivers available from third parties - such as pcmatic.com (version 10.0.18362.1 for Win 10 64-bit) and driveridentifier.com (version 10.0.15063 for Windows 10) - but nothing on Microsoft (save for the 2006 generic driver version 10.0.19041) or on the ASUS website.

Can I trust pcmatic.com or driveridentifier.com for a driver??

Otherwise, my DVD Re-writer simply works only as a CD-ROM drive!

Cheers,

Art

:)

ArthurDent, Jul 1, 2020
  2. kukane Win User

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Jul 1, 2020
  3. jgunning Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

Did it come with a warranty..?It should just work.. *Cool ASUS DVD Re-Writer (DRW-24F1ST) - Driver Required :cool:

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Jul 1, 2020
  4. ASUS DVD Re-Writer (DRW-24F1ST) - Driver Required

LG 24x External DVD Writer/GE24 does not load

Hi

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the DVD Writer is detected and listed in Device Manager.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

If the DVD Writer is not listed in the Device Manager, let us run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update DVD-ROM drivers and check.

If the DVD Writer is listed in the Device Manager, lets Update the DVD-ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + R on the Keyboard.

• Type in devmgmt.msc and click on
      Ok

• Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending
      DVD/CD-ROM drivers.

• Right click on the Graphic driver and click on
      Update driver Software.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

ASUS DVD Re-Writer (DRW-24F1ST) - Driver Required

1. ASUS DVD Re-Writer (DRW-24F1ST) - Driver Required - Similar Threads - ASUS DVD Writer

2. is there a plex writer dvd software driver to obtain?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a plex writer dvd software driver to obtain?: We have a plex writer but need a driver to make it work. Don't know where to find it. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-plex-writer-dvd-software-driver-to/4a8eb51d-095b-4de2-9473-959d0ef21e96
  3. is there a plex writer dvd software driver to obtain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a plex writer dvd software driver to obtain?: We have a plex writer but need a driver to make it work. Don't know where to find it. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-plex-writer-dvd-software-driver-to/4a8eb51d-095b-4de2-9473-959d0ef21e96
  4. Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can no longer write to CD or DVD on my Memorex MRX-800LU. Memorex supplied a zip file with an update for Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, but it contains no .inf file and therefore the normal "Update Driver" function fails. Memorex insist that I must use...
  5. External DVD writer

External DVD writer: I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-writer/0c0230c0-a010-4549-80e3-cf214bd71676
  6. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  7. ASUS DRW-24D3ST Driver Error Code 39

ASUS DRW-24D3ST Driver Error Code 39: Hello To The Microsoft community, I have seen its solution in many pages but what I adopted few minutes ago today really saved my neck otherwise I would have gone for replacing dvd drive. Processes I did(after failing all the general solutions)- took a full backup of...
  8. External DVD reader/writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....
  9. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  10. DVD writer not recognised

DVD writer not recognised: My laptop DVD writer showed as such in device manager, but in Windows it only showed as a CD drive and would not recognise DVDs On the advice of a friend, I deleted the CD registry key, in the belief that are a reboot it would go back to normal. unfortunaely it's not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus drw-24d3st driver download

2. writer print pc software