Windows 10: ASUS FX504GM Freezing on gaming

Discus and support ASUS FX504GM Freezing on gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys Having a massive issue with my ASUS FX504GM gaming laptop. I am aware gaming laptops can sometimes not be as ideal as desktops but I needed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bobalong135, Mar 11, 2020.

1. ASUS FX504GM Freezing on gaming

Hi guys

Having a massive issue with my ASUS FX504GM gaming laptop. I am aware gaming laptops can sometimes not be as ideal as desktops but I needed a laptop for travel purposes.

The issue i have is weither i am running the first Witcher game or the Fallen order star wars, from low level graphic to high level graphics i get roughly 30mins gameplay on it before the entire device freezes up and locks me out of everything!

To start with i thought it was a heat issue, so I have brought a laptop stand so it gets cool air supply, a cooling pad so has air forced into it and an external fan designed to suck the air out of the laptop, as well as changing the thermal paste. All of these were tried individually and together and even though the temp of the CPU and GPU has dropped from high 70's to mid 60's it still freezes up.

ive made sure everything on windows, Nividia and Intel are all up to date, don e afull system anti virus scan, all my bios and hardware etc all up to date, Ieven upgraded the RAM from 8gh to 16gb and made sure the game i was playing was on the SSD. Still same issue.

I do not have only the bare essential programs running in the back ground, and the only peripherals connected to the laptop are a mouse and a headset.

I even took it to a repair shop today, they assumed they have fixed the issue and that the gpu melted some solder next to it and connected two things that should not be connected ( im doubt full this did anything at all if even true to be fair).

Any advice?

Regards

Rob

:)

bobalong135, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Loraine Mon, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

ASUS FX504GM Freezing on gaming

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

ASUS FX504GM Freezing on gaming

1. ASUS FX504GM Freezing on gaming - Similar Threads - ASUS FX504GM Freezing

2. Asus G14 2022 freezes when gaming on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus G14 2022 freezes when gaming on external monitor: When gaming on the laptop without connecting to any external monitor, I get 0 problems and everything runs fine. But the moment I connect it to an external monitor, sometimes I get some slight freezes when watching multimedia content on fullscreen youtube for example or when...
  3. Asus G14 2022 freezes when gaming on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus G14 2022 freezes when gaming on external monitor: When gaming on the laptop without connecting to any external monitor, I get 0 problems and everything runs fine. But the moment I connect it to an external monitor, sometimes I get some slight freezes when watching multimedia content on fullscreen youtube for example or when...
  4. ASUS Gaming laptop freezing, constant BSODs, and not booting... is it cooked or can it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Gaming laptop freezing, constant BSODs, and not booting... is it cooked or can it...: I have an ASUS TUF Gaming laptop that ive had for 2 years now, and for the past several months its had BSODS of nearly every kind, these are the most of them:Kernel security check failure Attempted to write readonly memoryUnexpected kernel mode trapPage fault in nonpaged...
  5. ASUS Gaming laptop freezing, constant BSODs, and not booting... is it cooked or can it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS Gaming laptop freezing, constant BSODs, and not booting... is it cooked or can it...: I have an ASUS TUF Gaming laptop that ive had for 2 years now, and for the past several months its had BSODS of nearly every kind, these are the most of them:Kernel security check failure Attempted to write readonly memoryUnexpected kernel mode trapPage fault in nonpaged...
  6. Asus suite causes freeze

Asus suite causes freeze: Hi, I've wanted to update using Al Suite III but after an hour of desktop on and keyboard and screen off I made the mistake of shutting my pc down the hard way and now it freezes after about 2 minutes of using my pc. I'm a pc dummy so I have no idea what i can and cannot...
  7. Asus laptop freezes randomly

Asus laptop freezes randomly: Hey guys recently i bought an Asus K571G, i have a problem with it that i can not fix. my laptop freezes randomly, and when it does, nothing works, the music stops, the mouse doesn't move but it's still connected, and keyboard doesn't work either but i still can turn on or...
  8. ASUS Laptop kept freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASUS Laptop kept freezing: Hi everyone. I've been having this issue ever since I got the laptop 4 years ago. I've sent it back and forth with the manufacturer and they couldn't help me. The laptop freezes randomly. It can be idle, gaming, watching videos, or even just from start up. I've been...
  9. Asus Laptop freezes randomly

Asus Laptop freezes randomly: My Asus Laptop X540L randomly freezes to the point where I cannot do anything ...cursor does not respond nor does any key on the keyboard with the only solution is to do a hard power off and then start up again. I have tried so many things that I don't know what else to do. I...
  10. Asus laptop screen freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus laptop screen freezing: Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Q524UQ flipbook laptop. It came preinstalled with Windows 10 and just recently, it began with some problems where the screen would freeze and I would have no way of fixing the freeze other than forcing it to shut down. At the start, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus fx504 freezing

2. asus fx504gm freezing how can solve

3. asus fx504gm software

4. fx504gm asus freeze ,
  5. asus fx504 freeze