Windows 10: Asus G14 - All Apps Close When I Wake It From Sleep

Discus and support Asus G14 - All Apps Close When I Wake It From Sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My 2021 Asus Zephyrus G14 has recently started closing all my apps after the screen turns off. I'll have my web browser and some other programs open, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by THEMEEPCLUB, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Asus G14 - All Apps Close When I Wake It From Sleep

My 2021 Asus Zephyrus G14 has recently started closing all my apps after the screen turns off. I'll have my web browser and some other programs open, I walk away or shut the lid, come back as little as 10 minutes later, and everything is gone. Sometimes I have to press the power button and go through the boot screen, other times it turns right on. But almost every time, it clears all my windows. I have no idea what is happening and it is very annoying. Please help, I'd be happy to provide any additional information.

:)

THEMEEPCLUB, Sep 11, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Asus G14 - All Apps Close When I Wake It From Sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Sep 11, 2021
  3. alem Win User
    Sleep mode closing all my apps,when waking up the machine.

I think we have the exact same problem. My computer restarts when waking up the machine from sleep/hibernation.
    You did a complete wipe and that didn't help? I was about to do that, but I'm thinking it's a hardware issue now. I also have an ASUS. You have a good video card though, I have the cheap genric intel.

1. Have you updated your video drivers?
    2. Checked if BIOS is up to date?

Those are the two most common responses I've seen for similar problems. I've done both and more. So I hope to find some other suggestions.

4. Asus G14 - All Apps Close When I Wake It From Sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

Asus G14 - All Apps Close When I Wake It From Sleep

1. Asus G14 - All Apps Close When I Wake It From Sleep - Similar Threads - Asus G14 Apps

2. Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?: Issue is on a 1 year old ThinkPad with W11 and it take 4 to 5 minutes to wake from sleep, and when I'm able to log back in all of my previously open apps are gone, i.e. closed. For example, when reopening a previously opened app, I get the document recovery option.I've...
  3. Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?: Issue is on a 1 year old ThinkPad with W11 and it take 4 to 5 minutes to wake from sleep, and when I'm able to log back in all of my previously open apps are gone, i.e. closed. For example, when reopening a previously opened app, I get the document recovery option.I've...
  4. Random BSODs Asus G14

Random BSODs Asus G14: I have been having constant BSODs on my laptop Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IU. Around 5-10 times a day. They seem somewhat random, but do come in chains, no BSODs for 2 hours, but then 3 when i try to boot back up from one. Sypmtoms:- Random Blackscreens - Random Windows...
  5. Sleep mode closing all apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode closing all apps: Not sure if flair is right, but for whatever reason, whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep mode, any apps that I had opened before (Chrome, Word, etc) are all closed. When I tried to open Chrome, it said that it failed to shut down properly. Any idea as to why this is...
  6. ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model UX490UAR System Type x64-based PC SMBIOS Version 3.0 Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or...
  7. Wake from sleep phone app

Wake from sleep phone app: Can anyone confirm that when you have the phone app installed and your PC is in sleep mode, bringing the phone within Bluetooth range wakes up the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-from-sleep-phone-app/78a9a2cc-1d35-4158-923e-aba2738ba03e
  8. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  9. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Greetings forum, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been seeing BSODs about once a month when waking my desktop from sleep. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. I've never encountered this on Windows 8.1. I've attached the zip file as instructed...
  10. Sleep mode closing all my apps,when waking up the machine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode closing all my apps,when waking up the machine.: Hello. I noticed yesterday , that when i resume from the sleep state, all my opened apps are gone. They don't stay in the Ram, so when the machine wakes up, i have to reopen everything. Also , when i wake up my laptop, it takes a lot more, like it was shutted down, not put...