Windows 10: Asus G56JR after update to Windows 10 Build 1903 become blank screen

Discus and support Asus G56JR after update to Windows 10 Build 1903 become blank screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I just updated my laptop Asus G56JR to Windows 10 Build 1903, previous version was Windows 10 Build 1803. I found out my laptop screen become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by San ChinLee, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Asus G56JR after update to Windows 10 Build 1903 become blank screen

Recently I just updated my laptop Asus G56JR to Windows 10 Build 1903, previous version was Windows 10 Build 1803. I found out my laptop screen become blank after windows logo appeared. I connected additional monitor to the laptop then the screen can view from the additional monitor but not my laptop screen. If I removed the additional monitor then my laptop screen will still blank. I found out that after I revert back my graphic driver to Microsoft Basic Adapter Driver then my laptop screen can be view instead of just blank screen. Previously during build 1803, my laptop screen can be view normally even using latest driver Intel HQ 4700, version 15.40.42.5063. Please look into this matter and provide me the solution. Thank you.

:)

San ChinLee, Sep 22, 2019

2. ASUS ROG G56JR - Want battery to charge only upto 90%

I am using Windows 10 on my ASUS ROG G56JR. I have already updated the chipset drivers with the compatability issue sorted out. Can you please tell me how to switch my laptop from battery charging to AC power automatically after the battery is charged to
    90%.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device

OswinAlmeida, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    NEW ASUS e406MA notebook - flashing black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device won't work in the way it should.

The issue might be due to the connection problem with your display, display adapter driver update, or issues with recent updates or installation. For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know more information on this.

Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?

We can try the below steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Update the VGA driver from ASUS website.

I'd suggest you to download and install the
    VGA driver from the system manufacturer site
    , and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Troubleshoot black screen errors.

I'd suggest you to refer this article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    , and try all the suggestions.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Asus G56JR after update to Windows 10 Build 1903 become blank screen

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Asus G56JR after update to Windows 10 Build 1903 become blank screen

1. Asus G56JR after update to Windows 10 Build 1903 become blank screen - Similar Threads - Asus G56JR update

2. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  3. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  4. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Updating Windows 10 Build to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Windows 10 Build to 1903: I'm trying to update some of my devices that currently have a Windows 10 Build to version 1903. Is there a way to get to the latest build without an internet connection, IE not going through Windows Update?...
  6. Windows 10 Update build 1903

Windows 10 Update build 1903: USB External Hard Disk was used for extra space while updating Windows 10 Build 1903. After about 2 hours of access during update after download, the screen shows Error - "Please insert the external storage media and press OK". The USB Disk is not being accessed nor its Power...
  7. Problems after updating to Build 1903

Problems after updating to Build 1903: I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine. On Friday, I restarted the computer and got a "preparing windows" message. I lost every setting I had except windows password and pin....
  8. Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.

Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.: As the subject line says, I've tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice. The first time was on Wednesday, June 12. I downloaded the update, then rebooted to install the update, then had to wait for about 10 minutes on a "Preparing Windows" screen and then ended up...
  9. 1903 update becoming a problem!

1903 update becoming a problem!: Since updating Windows 10 to 1903: 1. Start button doesn't work with left click 2. Search bar doesn't work (at all) 3. Cortana doesn't work I have tried: 1. Restarts, etc 2. Re-install Windows apps via PowerShell (fails) 3. Directly running StartMenuExperienceHost...
  10. Windows 10 1903 build update

Windows 10 1903 build update: After i installed the update (1903) and only after a second restart cause of the slowness of my pc, that i thought was due to the big update ( took 1,5 hours to install itself on my pc) , the entire start menu crushes.I can still search in the new search bar for "settings"...